Garrett offered Ravens coaching job

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Dodger12;1906753 said:
And what job do you work at where the employee gets paid more than the boss who supervises him/her?

It happened on Seinfeld when George was sleeping with his assistant and gave her a raise after a romp in the hay! Pretty funny show.

Hey, I'm just saying! ;)

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1906814 said:
They are the ones inviting him for the interview. He didnt contact them and if they are going to get offended because he is being gracious well then thats tough titty for them.

I really dont care if he leaves. He seemed quite undisciplined to me and he choked pretty bad on Sunday.

What?

First, I am just saying, put yourself in their shoes. Why would you okay with someone interviewing when the applicant is already 100% sure he/she doesn't want the job anyway?

Some of the play calling is questionable but:

1) Jason Garrett can't make Romo hit a wide open T.O. for a TD
2) Force Crayton to catch the ball on that huge drop
3) Force Crayton to continue on his route so he can catch the game winner

There was plenty of blame to go around.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1906891 said:
What?

First, I am just saying, put yourself in their shoes. Why would you okay with someone interviewing when the applicant is already 100% sure he/she doesn't want the job anyway?

Some of the play calling is questionable but:

1) Jason Garrett can't make Romo hit a wide open T.O. for a TD
2) Force Crayton to catch the ball on that huge drop
3) Force Crayton to continue on his route so he can catch the game winner

There was plenty of blame to go around.

I know there are a lot of people to blame but too often this year I just felt that Garrett really didnt call plays with the entire game in mind. Thats what i mean in undisciplined. Sure he can get receivers open with the best of them but he reminds me of Mike Martz in the way he calls games.

And again Garrett did not call them. They called him. If I call someone in to offer him a job or interview him i dont get mad when he comes regardless of what his intentions are. If you really want they guy you try to sell yourself to him and not get mad becasue hes already happy where hes at.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Wacthing the Anita Marks show out of Baltimore..... she said Garrett's wife is out in Varioud neighborhoods scoping out potential houses. The ravens are throwing on the full court press. Going to be tough for him to say NO IMO.

RxMan

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;1907025 said:
Wacthing the Anita Marks show out of Baltimore..... she said Garrett's wife is out in Varioud neighborhoods scoping out potential houses. The ravens are throwing on the full court press. Going to be tough for him to say NO IMO.

I'll add to that with this:

Baltimore Paparazzi Timeline:

9:57 am EST
Garrett arrived at the Ravens' practice facility at 9:57 this morning to meet with team officials.

Driven to Ravens headquarters, Garrett and his wife, Brill, walked into the players' entrance this morning, where they were greeted by team president Dick Cass.

11:00 am EST
At around 11 a.m., Cass was seen giving Garrett's wife a tour of the team's headquarters and practice facility.

12:45 pm EST
Former Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan arrived at the team's headquarters around 12:45 and walked into the facility while talking on his cell phone. But it is believed that he is no longer a candidate in the Ravens' head coaching search.

utrunner07

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;1907025 said:
:rolleyes: oh I couldnt care less what is wife is doing...and who is Anita Marks and why are we trying to judge a football move on what she says. Really Im getting to the point where I couldnt care less if Jason stays or goes. We'll be fine either way.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1906829 said:
If he leaves he is probably going to have competition for Cameron. Wade and Cam worked together on a very successful Charger team and would you rather OC for Smith and McGahee or Romo, Barber, TO, Witten and an all pro line?

Not to mention he would have almost complete control over the offense where in Baltimore he would JG watching over him. Plus, I am sure Jerry would trump any offer that Cam would get from the Ravens. If Jerry wants Cameron as our OC, its gonna happen.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Shottenheimer is going to get the Atlanta gig and Cam is going w/ him.

Cam has already told Marty that if he get's a HC job that he will come and be his OC.

That was reported a couple of weeks back. Well maybe not that Marty is getting the Falcons gig but that if he got a gig then Cam would be his OC.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ETex;1906862 said:
I can't believe how much everyone wants to throw Wade Phillips under the bus!!!! How many years was Parcells (the GENIUS) given? The man gives us a 13-3 season as a 1st year HC and the offensive coordinator gives us production SLIGHTLY ahead of last years group and many of ya'll crown him?!!? Give Wade a chance my GOD.
No doubt Garrett will be great but come one people; do you really think he's ready?

What did Parcells do while here? He took our sack of garbage and and replaced it with Pro Bowl caliber players. His problem is his coaching style has past it's prime.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
RxMan;1907032 said:

Driven to Ravens headquarters, Garrett and his wife, Brill, walked into the players' entrance this morning, where they were greeted by team president Dick Cass.

His full name does not sound too cool when you say it fast :lmao2:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
MissionCoach;1907103 said:
RxMan;1907032 said:

Like Dingle and Berry from WVU when they sit together on the bench.

Comedy.

khiladi

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1906913 said:
I know there are a lot of people to blame but too often this year I just felt that Garrett really didnt call plays with the entire game in mind. Thats what i mean in undisciplined. Sure he can get receivers open with the best of them but he reminds me of Mike Martz in the way he calls games.

I agree, and part of that seems to be the nature of his system. We too often relied on Tony Romo to make a play, even if it broke down. It seemed like we weren't that keen on exploiting a 2nd down for some gains to ease the chance for a first on 3rd down. We were so content on going vertical, it really didn't matter how we approached the game if we were in a 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 9...

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
RxMan;1907032 said:

:laugh2:

I picture some tall bald-headed guy with a big grin approaching Garrett and his wife and sticking out his hand and introducing himself, "DICKCASS!" and Garrett's wife being embarrassed.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Chief;1907115 said:

I picture some tall bald-headed guy with a big grin approaching Garrett and his wife and sticking out his hand and introducing himself, "DICKCASS!" and Garrett's wife being embarrassed.

Dave Kopay speaks highly of him...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

Reminds me of when I wrote to Mickey Spagnola with the name Hugh Jass, and he printed it.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Hostile;1907131 said:
Reminds me of when I wrote to Mickey Spagnola with the name Hugh Jass, and he printed it.

"Well, Hugh... "

ethiostar

Reaction score
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/01/garrett_bolts_baltimore.html

Garrett bolts Baltimore
4:22 PM Tue, Jan 15, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Jamison Hensely of the Baltimore Sun, the man on the scene by team headquarters, is reporting that Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has left the Ravens complex without taking the Ravens head coaching offer.

It has been communicated to Garrett by Dallas owner/GM Jerry Jones that the Cowboys are prepared to match the financial terms of any offer made to their OC. Garrett is believed to be off to Atlanta for a second interview with the Falcons, who just hired Patriots director of college scouting Thomas Dimitroff as their GM.

"It's been a good day, but I'm going to continue on with the process," Garrett told the Sun.