Garrett outcoached boy genius

Diehardblues

Reaction score
should never of made that mistake, coaching plain and simple, can not even get the basics down.
Unfortunately Garrett can’t be on the field for the coin toss. I’d suggest he not send two of our less articulate players for the critical verbage necessary .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
should never of made that mistake, coaching plain and simple, can not even get the basics down.
Should have never have sent two inexperienced players to make the call. Fortunately our coach was able to get corrected.

Number1

Reaction score
We had Duane Thomas.

And Morton was first QB in NFL to QB two different teams to Super Bowl and had longest career of any Cowboys drafted QB ( 18 years).

and we had Garrison and Reeves, but Hill was a 6'4" 230 FB/RB with hands and an intense blocker

aside from leading the team in rushing attempts, he was also lead blocker for Thomas and Garrison

note, Morton had choked in those SBs ... 1 TD and 7 INTs

I'm prejudice - even as a little kid I just didn't like him, and have hated the idea of an immobile passer ever since

Diehardblues

Reaction score
and we had Garrison and Reeves, but Hill was a 6'4" 230 FB/RB with hands and an intense blocker

aside from leading the team in rushing attempts, he was also lead blocker for Thomas and Garrison

note, Morton had choked in those SBs ... 1 TD and 7 INTs

I'm prejudice - even as a little kid I just didn't like him, and have hated the idea of an immobile passer ever since
But Craig was a great talent in his own right. And why he was enough for Denver and reaching aSB with another team lasting 18 years in the league .

And if a guy named Staubach hadn’t come along would have most likely won a SB with the Cowboys.

At least you admit your prejudices. Shame it influences a better analysis.

Number1

Reaction score
But Craig was a great talent in his own right. And why he was enough for Denver and reaching aSB with another team lasting 18 years in the league .

And if a guy named Staubach hadn’t come along would have most likely won a SB with the Cowboys.

At least you admit your prejudices. Shame it influences a better analysis.

I defer to Tom's wisdom - Rodger wasn't ready in 1970

At the time I compared Morton to Meredith ... relatively speaking he was a sitting duck in the pocket.

But Morton was just boring to me, So were Starr and Unitas to a little kid. I liked the gunslingers ... Meredith and Tarkington types, QBs who could extend a play. They were more fun to watch.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I defer to Tom's wisdom - Rodger wasn't ready in 1970

At the time I compared Morton to Meredith ... relatively speaking he was a sitting duck in the pocket.

But Morton was just boring to me, So were Starr and Unitas to a little kid. I liked the gunslingers ... Meredith and Tarkington types, QBs who could extend a play. They were more fun to watch.
Unitas was my 1st Idol in NFL until Namath.

And that’s fine to have preferences. My argument isnt about that at all. I just don’t see reason to bash Morton.

Number1

Reaction score
Unitas was my 1st Idol in NFL until Namath.

And that’s fine to have preferences. My argument isnt about that at all. I just don’t see reason to bash Morton.

Craig choked on us in a SB. Landry had good cause to bench him in '71 and move on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JG doesn't do anything in the war room but flirts with Charlotte and welcome new draft picks to the team over the phone. A coach with a clue might prevent Dak from killing every play he doesn't like but JG clearly doesn't do that to Dak. Maybe it is because Dak has earned it but that doesn't negate the fact how clueless JG is as a coach. BTW, thank you for recognizing that I automatically know everything without effort. It's true. :rolleyes:

Okay! Well it does amaze me how much real true inside information so many people have. You and they should be running your own teams!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless you’re able to provide evidence of the plays killed then it’s mere speculation.

And you’re entitled to your own observation and summary of such.

I’m not disputing it . I’m just suggesting uncertainty without more evidence.

I agree. If these people don't understand some skepticism on their OPINION...then they are even worse than I thought. They are basing this off TV coverage? I bet if you say "game film" or "telecommunications" they'll say yep got it off youtube I KNOW!" :facepalm: