Garrett outcoached boy genius

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Unless you’re able to provide evidence of the plays killed then it’s mere speculation.

And you’re entitled to your own observation and summary of such.

I’m not disputing it . I’m just suggesting uncertainty without more evidence.
Then I invite you to watch a game with me and be prepared to be amazed. I can tell you exactly what plays are being killed. Dak's ability to read defenses and make corrections to the called play on the fly is saving this team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then I invite you to watch a game with me and be prepared to be amazed. I can tell you exactly what plays are being killed. Dak's ability to read defenses and make corrections to the called play on the fly is saving this team.
I’m not disputing plays are killed. I’m calling into question the plays that are killed. To my knowledge those killed plays aren’t divulged publicly.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Funny how the tables turned with Jason basically knocking the Rams out of the playoffs a week after the Rams looked they were back with an impressive win against Seattle.

The boy genius everyone was heralding last year as the new model for coaching in the NFL as he took it to Garrett in the playoffs going to Super Bowl has suddenly turned sour.

How could a spiraling down HC like Garrett blow out a genius in almost every facet of the game but the coin flip? :)

So let me get this straight, when we were on a 3 game losing streak it was because Jerry created such a toxic environment that Garrett was prevented from having any success, so its not his fault.

When we finally win a game, its because Garrett outcoached the other team, even though you have said a million times that we are a talent dependent team that relies on the talent of our players and not coaching to win.

So which is it? You keep changing your argument so much its hard to keep track of what your new position is each week. If we lose, its Jerry's fault and its simply because we dont have enough talent, but if we win its because Garrett outcoached the other team. Does that about sum up your agenda, oh I mean argument?

Number1

Reaction score
Yes, we dominated the Colts. Turnovers cost us. This was the one SB loss we definitely should have had.

when Calvin went down I felt we were done. Not having Hill is almost as bad as not having Perkins, Thomas, ... or Zeke off the field.

BTW, I never liked Morton, he wasn't much fun. I considered it revenge when Doomsday plucked him for 4 INTs in SB XII, after he'd thrown 3 vs the Colts in SB V.

Dre11

Reaction score
Foolish? Of course he didn't kill every play which is why I said "almost". Of course I know that is the QB's job which is why I was praising Dak for doing it. Of course I know they get two plays in the huddle but its good to know you know that too. Of course I already knew Drew Brees does the same thing. Did you know Peyton Manning would do the same thing when he was a player?

So when the Rams beat Dallas, it wasn't the coach. I'm curious to hear you answer?

Dre11

Reaction score
JG doesn't do anything in the war room but flirts with Charlotte and welcome new draft picks to the team over the phone. A coach with a clue might prevent Dak from killing every play he doesn't like but JG clearly doesn't do that to Dak. Maybe it is because Dak has earned it but that doesn't negate the fact how clueless JG is as a coach. BTW, thank you for recognizing that I automatically know everything without effort. It's true. :rolleyes:

ahhh, you're wrong it's been said Garrett has a lot of input in the war room on draft day from people who are there, in fact Broaddus mentioned how good he is at evaluating talent.
you're clueless

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
ahhh, you're wrong it's been said Garrett has a lot of input in the war room on draft day from people who are there, in fact Broaddus mentioned how good he is at evaluating talent.
you're clueless
It's been said Jason relies on his brother who is a scout rather than evaluating the talent himself.

Brax

Reaction score
Funny how the tables turned with Jason basically knocking the Rams out of the playoffs a week after the Rams looked they were back with an impressive win against Seattle.

The boy genius everyone was heralding last year as the new model for coaching in the NFL as he took it to Garrett in the playoffs going to Super Bowl has suddenly turned sour.

How could a spiraling down HC like Garrett blow out a genius in almost every facet of the game but the coin flip? :)
Garrett didn't have coach anything so he didn't damage anything. Heck JG can't even coach how to call a coin toss win properly, just pathetic.this was a trap game for the Rams. What is even sadder is JG just might be back next year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
when Calvin went down I felt we were done. Not having Hill is almost as bad as not having Perkins, Thomas, ... or Zeke off the field.

BTW, I never liked Morton, he wasn't much fun. I considered it revenge when Doomsday plucked him for 4 INTs in SB XII, after he'd thrown 3 vs the Colts in SB V.
We had Duane Thomas.

And Morton was first QB in NFL to QB two different teams to Super Bowl and had longest career of any Cowboys drafted QB ( 18 years).

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, when we were on a 3 game losing streak it was because Jerry created such a toxic environment that Garrett was prevented from having any success, so its not his fault.

When we finally win a game, its because Garrett outcoached the other team, even though you have said a million times that we are a talent dependent team that relies on the talent of our players and not coaching to win.

So which is it? You keep changing your argument so much its hard to keep track of what your new position is each week. If we lose, its Jerry's fault and its simply because we dont have enough talent, but if we win its because Garrett outcoached the other team. Does that about sum up your agenda, oh I mean argument?
I created this thread out of fun. It actually was a spin off from a local writer which we can’t use link cause of the paper he writes for.

So many fans are always saying Garrett gets out coached in his losses I thought he deserved some equal time since Rams HC is so highly revered.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett didn't have coach anything so he didn't damage anything. Heck JG can't even coach how to call a coin toss win properly, just pathetic.this was a trap game for the Rams. What is even sadder is JG just might be back next year.
What’s even sadder is Jerry thinks Garrett is what’s best for Cowboys Football. And that he’s best GM for Cowboys Football. And we wonder why we are a mediocre franchise. Lol

This is what Jerry wants. And he thanks you for the continued support in remaining a mediocre franchise so he can play his Jerry Ball.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I am not a Garrett fan. But to give him zero credit for having the team ready and playing to its potential after 3 weeks of “sky is falling” media coverage is simply unfair.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am not a Garrett fan. But to give him zero credit for having the team ready and playing to its potential after 3 weeks of “sky is falling” media coverage is simply unfair.
It goes beyond unfair. It’s hypocritical.

Nobody was giving this team a chance including me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you read the official report from coin toss it was Dak who botched the coin toss after Lawrence chimed in wanting to defer.

And after the fact it was Garrett who appealed to the NFL to review and over turn.

Brax

Reaction score
If you read the official report from coin toss it was Dak who botched the coin toss after Lawrence chimed in wanting to defer.

And after the fact it was Garrett who appealed to the NFL to review and over turn.
should never of made that mistake, coaching plain and simple, can not even get the basics down.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s not about even being a Garrett fan. To me it’s more about justice. And I’m just the fan to take on against all odds and the Lynch Mob.

I see Garrett as doing everything within his power and ability to make the most of a toxic dysfunctional situation that no HC this generation under our ownership has had more sustained success.

Garrett continues to be our scapegoat for an ownership that’s failed us and will continue failing us.