Garrett outcoached boy genius

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Personal insults? How do I know that you’re a red head? lol. It was a joke at the expense of The Carrot.

“And I’m a supporter of Garrett because up until now he’s been the most influential puppet in building a better team and attempting to keep it on tract despite the disturbing distractions and meddling from Jerry that has detoured better coaches here than Garrett.”

So you support him because he’s the best puppet we can have? That’s a terrible excuse for supporting a guy who couldn’t win with multiple versions of this team. There’s literally no point in keeping him. He’s had his chance. 10 years is enough. There needs to be a change at the HC position, for better or worse.

Majority of people, Cowboys fan or not, agree that he should be gone. He honestly should’ve been gone a long time ago. It’s really baffling to me how you can continue to support mediocrity.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results” - Albert Einstein
I don’t support mediocrity. After a couple decades I’ve learned to accept it. Jerry lowers the bar here not Jason who’s a product of the dysfunction not the cause.

But sure, I’m ok with spinning the coaching carousel wheel.
Next puppet up.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett just sat there on the sideline like he always did

The players played ONE good game....

Garrett is still garbage man
So does he do nothing on the sidelines...or NOT? If he "just sat there like he always did"....how can you blame him for a loss, and not credit him for a win> I'm sincere...I don;t get your logic. If his MO get's credit for a loss...why wouldn't "like he always did" get credit for a win? If the team can perform despite and in spite of him...why don't they do it all the time?

Just seems like your hate logic isn't consistent. He can;t ..."win" with you...no matter what happens. This is insanity and derangement. But...I am willing to listen to you explain a little bit...if you wish.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HAY LOOK GUIS!! I MADE ANUDDER STOOPID POST I KANT BAKUP!!

~drool~

Isn't what we all do? I mean...you could state some stats. and post them....but stats really don;t tell any true story. One thing that WOULD help...is access to real true game film...if you or anyone else knows what that really is. Or access to coach meetings. In game coach audio.

None of us have anything close to that.

In the end...we're all just sitting here spouting a bunch of nonsense, right? Yep right.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personal insults? How do I know that you’re a red head? lol. It was a joke at the expense of The Carrot.

`Snipped for space and clarity~n

If you have doubts about his redheadedness....you can understand why I have doubts about your "joke at the expense of Garret".

Why would we trust anything anyone ever says? Including what you say.

At some point, we should be sincere AND trusting. I know....it's the internet. Everyone else is stupid...what we ourselves post is better than anything. "We" are so much smarter, honest, clever and funny than anyone.

Why would you joke at the expense of Garret? It makes you so clever? So smart? I dunno....if you say so...okay....keep up the great work then. We all have to live our dreams.

cowboyec

Reaction score
helluva job by all of'm.
coaches and players.
sunday is a big'n.
:starspin:WIN.THE.EAST.:starspin:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So, our only means to measure coaching is how far their roster takes them?
If you want to measure/judge a HC, then many factors have to be considered,
you should know it isnt just whether they beat 1 team or that HC.
1 of the factors is the players.
McVay has proved to be the better overall coach, but he isnt perfect, and
even though it doesnt mean much JG did a better job in that 1 game.
McVay has a lot to learn, and his owner burdens him with some things too, like
I think he has to play gurley and goff no matter what he thinks.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The easiest route to victory is to pound the rock. (a run first mentality) Then of course its incorporate your star receiver and spread the ball around. (balance) The true merit of a coach comes in when the run game isn't working and you're struggling to get the ball to your star wideout. How does a team still find a way to win when its struggling mighty. That's good coaching.

In the game against the Rams, Dallas never faced any struggles. Zeke and the Oline took control from the very start. The easiest route to victory was theirs. So Garrett didn't actually out coach McVay the players just out played the Rams.

But it's a shame the coaches don't try to take the easiest route to victory, then go from there, every game. That's not good coaching, especially when you have our Oline, Zeke and Pollard.

Number1

Reaction score
I think I could . I don’t think we’ve had a SB caliber team. And whether we had Jerry or not with the rosters we’ve fielded certainly hasn’t looked a SB champion if we’re using most of the teams that have won championships as measurable.

That doesn’t mean Jerry hasn’t been the culprit on not building a better team but these eyes haven’t felt any Titles have been left on the field like in 1994 or 1980, 1979, 1975, 1970, 1966 and 1967.

:) did you really expect us to beat the Colts in 1970 with Calvin Hill not on the field?

I would add the 1978, 1981, 1983, 2007, and 2014 squads to the list.
1994 and 2014 really sucked - we were purposely ripped off by refs

the Boys have left a lot of meat on the bone in every decade since founded

sometimes it's tough being a Cowboy fan

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
:) did you really expect us to beat the Colts in 1970 with Calvin Hill not on the field?

I would add the 1978, 1981, 1983, 2007, and 2014 squads to the list.
1994 and 2014 really sucked - we were purposely ripped off by refs

the Boys have left a lot of meat on the bone in every decade since founded

sometimes it's tough being a Cowboy fan
Yes, we dominated the Colts. Turnovers cost us. This was the one SB loss we definitely should have had.

1978, possibly . 1981 Egirls dominated us.1983 and 2007 didn’t make it out of divisional round.

I still maintain we haven’t had a championship caliber team this era. Close perhaps a couple times. To me the best teams this era was 2007 and 2014. 2014 we had possibly a championship caliber offense. 2007 was the year we should have made the championship game being upset by NY.

I would agree a big part of our history is heartbreaks.

glimmerman

Reaction score
JG and the players did there jobs. And so did the staff. Moore called a great game. Our Defense played well. Looks like the secondary played tight instead of giving space.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I’m just saying if you’re going to blame him for all of the losses then he must receive credit for the wins.
This is painfully false. The talent wins in spite of the coaching, it loses because of it. The flip side is true for teams with good coaching but poor talent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is painfully false. The talent wins in spite of the coaching, it loses because of it. The flip side is true for teams with good coaching but poor talent.
That’s the most ridiculous comment I’ve seen. If the talent wins despite the coaching then it loses in the same fashion.

The Cowboys have been a talent dependent franchise this era . If our talent isn’t enough to overcome we lose .

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If the talent wins despite the coaching then it loses in the same fashion.

The Cowboys have been a talent dependent franchise this era . If our talent isn’t enough to overcome we lose .
You can't do that every week. If your coaching is putting the talent into disadvantageous situations, the talent never has a chance.

This is a huge indictment of the coaching staff lol.

foofighters

Reaction score
Funny how the tables turned with Jason basically knocking the Rams out of the playoffs a week after the Rams looked they were back with an impressive win against Seattle.

The boy genius everyone was heralding last year as the new model for coaching in the NFL as he took it to Garrett in the playoffs going to Super Bowl has suddenly turned sour.

How could a spiraling down HC like Garrett blow out a genius in almost every facet of the game but the coin flip? :)
I didn't see that at all. Offensively, that looked like Kellen Moore because running the ball is very un-Garrett like. and don't get all excited about our defense. They only had to worry about the short side of the field because Goff couldn't throw long or with accuracy. Wade may have been outcoached due to seeing a different look but it is hard to stop a running game where the line is above average and those two backs are hungry. I doubt Garrett had much to do with this at all.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You can't do that every week. If your coaching is putting the talent into disadvantageous situations, the talent never has a chance.

This is a huge indictment of the coaching staff lol.
Yep

And why I’ve maintained we will go as far as our talent will take us.

If it’s enough we will overcome. If it’s not , we won’t.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I didn't see that at all. Offensively, that looked like Kellen Moore because running the ball is very un-Garrett like. and don't get all excited about our defense. They only had to worry about the short side of the field because Goff couldn't throw long or with accuracy. Wade may have been outcoached due to seeing a different look but it is hard to stop a running game where the line is above average and those two backs are hungry. I doubt Garrett had much to do with this at all.
Which supports my theory that our coaching isn’t effecting wins or losses. It’s mostly on the talent either way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And I’m not sure why we’d expect our coaching to be the difference.

That’s not the type of coaching staff Jerry wants.