Garrett ripped “soft” offense after Denver loss

Haimerej

Reaction score

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I don't believe he could come up with that on his.....wonder who told him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am sure he did .......... anything not to blame his stupid *** predictable offense,

The Cowboys have typically had one of the more productive offenses in the NFL, so obviously there was more to it than that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is one...Sean McVay

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...aracteristic-decisions-in-loss-to-washington/

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angele...-sundays-loss-i-never-really-gave-us-a-chance

Here is another...Bill Belichick

https://nypost.com/2018/02/05/bill-belichick-this-is-all-my-fault/

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...h-down-call/3JMmeVTJbhhkn8h2YyM6CP/story.html

Coaches blame themselves all the time. Pete Carrol took responsibility for the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots. I think the problem with Garrett is he never comes out and says "it's my fault".

As for the request to show where Garrett has thrown a player under the bus...here is Garrett claiming Romo should have checked down to Murray instead of throwing to Escobar against Denver. Depending upon your definition of "throwing under the bus", this is from a reputable source:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/In-the-Final-Autopsy-No-Tony-Romo-Didnt-Choke--226894221.html

And here's one on Jason Garrett.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...takes-the-blame-for-cowboys-clock-management/

As for throwing Romo under the bus, that's BS. He was analyzing a play. Coaches talk about key plays - they get asked about them by the press. It's not just Garrett. Fans want Garrett to be upfront and say things as they are, and rip him if they think he doesn't, and then when he does he is said to be throwing people under the bus. If he were worried about what some fans thik he would be walking on eggshells because he knows no matter what he says it will be twisted against him

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And here's one on Jason Garrett.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...takes-the-blame-for-cowboys-clock-management/

As for throwing Romo under the bus, that's BS. He was analyzing a play. You act as if no other coach ever does that, and seem to not even mind that other coaches have even ripped players a new backside in public. To you, and others, Garrett essentially can't say anything about the team without it being twisted in some way as a negative about
Garrett.

LOL. Like I mentioned to Jeramiah, I don't have a problem with him saying what he did. As a matter of fact, I wish he would do it more often. You wanted links, I gave you links. Don't shoot the messenger. I have my specific issues with Garrett, this isn't one of them though.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Well, I don't have a problem with him making the statement. But, he wanted a source, so I gave him one.

I recall hearing Jason follow up the, "we have to do better," stuff with, "that goes for everyone- coaches, too," stuff. It's cliché coachspeak but I'd argue coaches putting it all on themselves like those other examples are similarly cliché attempts to protect players. Maybe it's a motivational technique to reach the players who know they goofed on the field. Perhaps that's a good style and engenders loyalty from players. Arguably, "we have to look at the tape," is similar coachspeak meant to keep from calling out individual plays/players.

I sometimes wonder if part of the tape review process is thinking up rhetorical tricks in order to keep from being too honest with the media and hurting a player's feelings.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. Like I mentioned to Jeramiah, I don't have a problem with him saying what he did. As a matter of fact, I wish he would do it more often. You wanted links, I gave you links. Don't shoot the messenger. I have my specific issues with Garrett, this isn't one of them though.

And I gave you a link too.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I recall hearing Jason follow up the, "we have to do better," stuff with, "that goes for everyone- coaches, too," stuff. It's cliché coachspeak but I'd argue coaches putting it all on themselves like those other examples are similarly cliché attempts to protect players. Maybe it's a motivational technique to reach the players who know they goofed on the field. Perhaps that's a good style and engenders loyalty from players. Arguably, "we have to look at the tape," is similar coachspeak meant to keep from calling out individual plays/players.

I sometimes wonder if part of the tape review process is thinking up rhetorical tricks in order to keep from being too honest with the media and hurting a player's feelings.

I would agree. They are going to go into the film study and rip the players that didn't execute.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I was at that Denver game, it was embarressing.

I think Garretts strong point is his motivation, players do play for him. It's his in game brain farts and situational awareness that have always been the biggest problem for me.

Dre11

Reaction score
And Garrett doesn't do a great job preparing this team in the week before the game. That's pretty obvious if one is honest with themselves. How many times do we have to hear from opposing teams that we often telegraph our plays? That's not a player problem, that's a coaching problem and preparation problem.

And no, you likely can't win a SB with Garrett as head coach. He'd be a historical anomaly if he won a SB in Dallas at this point.

INMO, I definitely do think he prepare his team the week before. Who cares what teams say about telegraphing plays(if that’s true) truth be known, most teams know exactly what teams are doing, they put it on film, it’s a matter of stopping it. I’m sure teams knew what we were doing in 2014 and 2016 as well.
It’s also a bit foolish to say it would be an anomaly if he won a Super Bowl, would you say that about Pederson?

khiladi

Reaction score
I thought Garrett was going to change Camp Cupcake and bring in a new culture? Now his team is soft.. is it as soft as Wade's, per the Garrett homers? Or are we going to spin these statements into an alleged 'positive' that he 'takes blame'?

khiladi

Reaction score
Look at these Garrett apologists..

When the offense sucked during Wade's tenure, they threw the blame on Wade and said it was because he couldn't control his team and he was soft.

Now they are trying to spin the soft Cowboys in Denver as a positive for Garrett that 'he takes blame'... Why aren't you complaining that Garrett runs soft practices and his culture is soft?

erod

Reaction score
I thought Garrett was going to change Camp Cupcake and bring in a new culture? Now his team is soft.. is it as soft as Wade's, per the Garrett homers? Or are we going to spin these statements into an alleged 'positive' that he 'takes blame'?
The new CBA rules don't allow real football practice anymore.