Garrett ripped “soft” offense after Denver loss

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I read this and it was all I needed to read:
And while the second episode opens with owner/G.M. Jerry Jones making excuses for Elliott

Jerry Jones is the cancer to this team. His mothering ways is what makes this a soft team and a soft franchise. I hope his son is different?

Haimerej

Reaction score
You need to get on here and post more. Hope all has been well.

All that Jerry $$ dried up when they closed the forum. No longer needed. He kicked me to the curb like I dropped passes/fumbled at critical moments.

Seriously though. Life's been changing. Priorities shift. I still check in almost daily. Just don't post as much anymore. Still love this team for some reason. Probably need to get that checked...

HungryLion

Reaction score
He says they were soft during the broncos game.

Refresh my memory. I must forget seeing Garrett chew players out on the sideline who were playing soft.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The whole team and coaches were soft that game. That game was very telling.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Soft coach equals soft team

If those were his words he doesnt sound soft to me.

Dez is gone also. That wasnt kind of a decission by a soft man. JJ wanted Dez to stay as he always wants his old "buddies" to stay longer then it is good for the team. If you want to call a behavior soft how about that?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
He says they were soft during the broncos game.

Refresh my memory. I must forget seeing Garrett chew players out on the sideline who were playing soft.

That isnt Garretts style. But that doesnt mean he wont do it behind closed doors.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That isnt Garretts style. But that doesnt mean he wont do it behind closed doors.

For the most part, I don't have a problem with Garrett's "sytle". What I lack is the confidence he can put a foot up the team's *** when needed to salvage a season. Imagine the team playing soft in the Super Bowl. We need him to take immediate action to light a fire under the team because doing it after the game is over won't accomplish anything.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think he is blaming linehan.
During a game jg is not in charge, he has no say or control, with O, or D.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The new CBA rules don't allow real football practice anymore.

By most reports, our camp is one of the tougher camps in the league. We had Thornton comparing it to the Eagles camp a few years back and talking about how he wasn't ready for it and how brisk and organized it is.

Hard to take Garrett saying the word 'soft' in regards to a unit's play in a single game and metastasize that to a fantasy description of the team's training camp with a straight face.

Haimerej

Reaction score
By most reports, our camp is one of the tougher camps in the league. We had Thornton comparing it to the Eagles camp a few years back and talking about how he wasn't ready for it and how brisk and organized it is.

Hard to take Garrett saying the word 'soft' in regards to a unit's play in a single game and metastasize that to a fantasy description of the team's training camp with a straight face.

Taco expressed similar sentiments last training camp. He said he had spoken to other rookies in the draft and their camps seemed a lot easier.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taco expressed similar sentiments last training camp. He said he had spoken to other rookies in the draft and their camps seemed a lot easier.

Yeah, by most accounts, Garrett and Co put a premium on conditioning. Which makes sense, given how they like to play the game. Having a poorly-conditioned team that relies heavily on outmuscling teams on the ground is a tall order.

But, hey. Garrett's an intellectual and intellectuals are soft and we lose close games in the playoffs, so it must be the case that his team is soft.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Yeah, by most accounts, Garrett and Co put a premium on conditioning. Which makes sense, given how they like to play the game. Having a poorly-conditioned team that relies heavily on outmuscling teams on the ground is a tall order.

But, hey. Garrett's an intellectual and intellectuals are soft and we lose close games in the playoffs, so it must be the case that his team is soft.

New narrative-

Garrett is too hard on the players. That's why they always breakdown (go ahead... give it to me...) with the soft tissue injuries.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the whole cowboys team and coaches were soft in 2017 the team wasn't ready to play last year started out that way and it never changed

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New narrative-

Garrett is too hard on the players. That's why they always breakdown (go ahead... give it to me...) with the soft tissue injuries.

I heard he used to hit Tony in the back with a crowbar while dropping f-bombs when the cameras weren't on. I know he used to kick Jaylon in the knee and laugh in camp. Somebody said so. Might have been khiladi.