Garrett ripped “soft” offense after Denver loss

Haimerej

Reaction score
I heard he used to hit Tony in the back with a crowbar while dropping f-bombs when the cameras weren't on. I know he used to kick Jaylon in the knee and laugh in camp. Somebody said so. Might have been khiladi.

When he says they're going to look at the tape, that means they're going to use duct tape to... wax the players who failed their assignments.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I’ll never forget in the Denver game in 2013 Garrett took his head set off and was yelling at Romo saying “let’s go! Let’s go! Hurry up!” As the play clock was winding down and Tony pretty much told him to “be quiet, I got this”. I remember rewinding this part of the game multiple times. It was Tony’s way of saying”calm your redhead nerves, I got this”. We score on this drive

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We rarely get to hear or see some of the things garret says or does. Next friday when this stuff airs will be some good tv to watch with interesting insights. He has always been like jeckel and hyde with players and media.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The All or Nothing show should be a good one...or at least entertaining.

“The whole thing was soft,” coach Jason Garrett tells his offense after a Week Two loss in Denver, during the opening episode of Amazon’s All or Nothing that focuses on last year’s Dallas Cowboys. “Soft at the point of attack. Soft in the backside. It was soft with the runner. Not strong enough with the ball.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...loss-at-denver/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
:clap:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
After the game is already lost?

Good strategy.

Well. I guess you are not interessted in a conversatiom. You are more of the i get my crowbar and hit everyone who doesnt do the things i want them to do.

However i'll give you somwthing to think about anyways

First of all there is a half time where he can get in their faces if he thinks that is what the team need to win

Them there ia also a next game. That means alot.of closed sessions where he can chew people out or have private conversatiom with one player who he thinks needs to be handled that way.

A season is not lost because of one game. And if players play soft there may be more to it then those simple ideas like "they may be just sluggish" or "they are repleted because they earned their paycheck anyways".

But of course you cam always just chew people out. Maybe you dont have another way to solve problems. I prefer a HC who is able to choose what kind of solution he wants to use. Btw that is a reason you pay those people in leading positions so much money: they have a brain and are able to use it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Who cares if he drops 100 f-bombs a minute? It's all about results on the field, and the results aren't there.

But I've always thought the overcursing is clearly him overcompensating for being an Ivy League backup QB. He knows how soft that sounds, and this is his attempt at sounding like a legit tough guy.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, everyone who wants to believe that "knows it". Aside from the fact the idea Garrett always throws players under the bus is a myth, I would love for you to name all these other coaches that routinely talk about their coaching failures after losses.
Not that this validates anything, but Wade Phillips used to always take the blame when he coached the Cowboys

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Why do I have a feeling after watching this show I will dislike this coaching staff even more than I do now.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Who cares if he drops 100 f-bombs a minute? It's all about results on the field, and the results aren't there.

But I've always thought the overcursing is clearly him overcompensating for being an Ivy League backup QB. He knows how soft that sounds, and this is his attempt at sounding like a legit tough guy.

Agree. Overcompensating. I don't envy Garrett, cannot be easy dealing with the Jones'.
Everything seems unnatural with JG, he just comes across that way.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The Cowboys were completely helpless that game! Basically that falls on the head coach not the players!! The whole team had their manhood taken away!

Yup. Their game plan stunk. Their adjustments (or lack thereof) stunk. That game was a debacle.

erod

Reaction score

He's from Cleveland, where the f-word is a commonly taught noun, verb, adjective, adverb, and if they can figure it out, preposition as well.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Not that this validates anything, but Wade Phillips used to always take the blame when he coached the Cowboys
I remember Parcells after one bad loss saying, "I'm embarrassed to put a team on the field that performs like that."

That's Bill Parcells, a Hall of Fame legend, taking massive responsibility. But Jason Garrett can never say anything close to that. It's just some generic cliché like we didn't play and coach well enough but we fought and scratched and clawed and we'll look at the tape. He wouldn't even admit screwing up after the 2011 or 2012 Cardinals and Ravens late-game clock fiascos.