Garrett will not be fired. Bet your house on it

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been thinking this for a long while now. Please let this happen.

giphy.gif

It’s already a done deal if Tony wants it. And Tony likely wants it.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

We can only hope.

I know he said that he want's to spend more time with his family before getting back on the sidelines, but Jerry needs to get this done.

DoubleJHeat

Reaction score
Mike Lombardi thinks Garrett could end up as the Giants head coach next year. I thought that was interesting.

johneric8

Reaction score
You will win on a technicality. Jerry set up a situation for his own comfort, based on his feelings for Garrett, that will prevent him from firing Garrett even if the Cowboys finish 5-11.

Don’t forget that Garrett’s contract runs out at the end of the season. Jerry will never fire Jason during the season, and if he decides he has to move on, he will simply go sign another coach, deciding not to resign JG, never having to actually fire him.

Jerry is a smart man. He didn’t want to fire his boy, and he made sure he wouldn’t need to do so.

Prediction? Garrett’s success with Dak makes him the next coach of
  • Giants
  • Browns
  • Jets (3 places where he would actually be a step forward)
Or,
  • Dolphins
  • Broncos (Places that have hired former Cowboys in the past)
Final prediction — Forget the talk about college coaches. Jerry won’t want to start over with another young guy who’s never coached in the NFL or been a head coach. Plus, the first crop of hot young geniuses have done little this year, and the newest crop seem lost. Look for Jerry to try to bring in a defensive minded former head coach or defensive coordinator. Won’t surprise me if he tries to keep Moore as OC, and based on this year’s numbers, that may be an easy sell to a defensive minded coach.

I wonder ...
  • Did Nick Saban learn anything from his first NFL tenure
  • Might Saban be ready to move on from Alabama at this point
Bump
hey bro you still wanna bet your house on it?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You will win on a technicality. Jerry set up a situation for his own comfort, based on his feelings for Garrett, that will prevent him from firing Garrett even if the Cowboys finish 5-11.

Don’t forget that Garrett’s contract runs out at the end of the season. Jerry will never fire Jason during the season, and if he decides he has to move on, he will simply go sign another coach, deciding not to resign JG, never having to actually fire him.

Jerry is a smart man. He didn’t want to fire his boy, and he made sure he wouldn’t need to do so.

• Giants
  • Browns
Or,
  • Dolphins
Final prediction — Forget the talk about college coaches. Jerry won’t want to start over with another young guy who’s never coached in the NFL or been a head coach. Plus, the first crop of hot young geniuses have done little this year, and the newest crop seem lost. Look for Jerry to try to bring in a defensive minded former head coach or defensive coordinator. Won’t surprise me if he tries to keep Moore as OC, and based on this year’s numbers, that may be an easy sell to a defensive minded coach.

I wonder ...
So will you just sign the deed over to me or do we need real estate agents to be involved? How does this work?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

• Giants
  • Browns
Or,
  • Dolphins

I wonder ...
Kris Richard.

Other teams will be looking at him.

For once I would like to see us make the right choice at HC.

Someone who the team knows and is young. Understands the players and the players can relate to him.

Fingers crossed.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Kris Richard.

Other teams will be looking at him.

For once I would like to see us make the right choice at HC.

Someone who the team knows and is young. Understands the players and the players can relate to him.

Fingers crossed.

What has Richard done to earn that promotion? As far as I'm concerned, he's part of the failed regime.

Clean house, bring in someone new and let him hire his staff (or at least have a say, Jerry). Otherwise, expect more of the same (which I do). Thanks, Jerry.

Eddie

Reaction score
Jerry needs his puppet. Garrett will be back next year and the year after that ...

The Natural

Reaction score
Ok, thats cool. Long as his candy *** aint here next his year is all that matters to me.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
What has Richard done to earn that promotion? As far as I'm concerned, he's part of the failed regime.

Clean house, bring in someone new and let him hire his staff (or at least have a say, Jerry). Otherwise, expect more of the same (which I do). Thanks, Jerry.
Last years defense was great.

This years has kept us close all year.

What more can you ask of a DC?

Not sure what you expect.

All of our successful HCs have been defensive DC.

Landry, Jimster and Switzer and Phillips.

as prime examples.

I can only think we will stay that way.

If we lose Richard..we lose our DC.

Keep him and we do not.

Seems good to me.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Kris Richard already has offers , he does have real offers ; we aren't talking about Giants fake offers either .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

• Giants
  • Browns
Or,
  • Dolphins

I wonder ...

I could see him coaching the Broncos.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Here's the thing. Even if Agent Orange isn't fired, he is more or less socially fired as it now stands. This was so overdue this is a premium franchise that deserves a premium coach.

Proof

Reaction score

lol. Leave the possible cushest, most high profile job in sports? Yeah I’m sure he’s chomping at the bit lol