Garrett's 3 year plan

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by rcaldw, Oct 14, 2014.

1. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

12,313 Messages
    4,110 Likes Received
    The main body of haters were hating on him before he became the HC, so yes there was no honeymoon period or earned hate. It was hate from day 1.

And those same people will still be giving him no credit even when he wins us # 6.

Idgit likes this.
  2. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

7,959 Messages
    6,145 Likes Received
    I hated his playcalling and other blunders he's made throughout his time as OC and head coach. I'll also give credit to where it's due. So If he wins us #6 your damn right I'll be giving him credit as well as the rest of the team and I'd be more than happy to do so.

3. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

4,000 Messages
    3,260 Likes Received
    This talk of "credit" is only a buzz word used only in Dallas. Is there even another team in the NFL where this is a concern or is talked about so much? Just win. And if we get #6 with Garrett at the helm, all the better. He'll get his due.

4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

17,384 Messages
    15,741 Likes Received
    At least I will not
    It is difficult to determine who deserves what credit or blame given the convoluted self inflicted machinations of our FO but the reality is that both Garrett and Jerry have likely had a significant say in how this team is built and is playing. Therefore , if this team does well consistently and wins in the post season, both will deserve some of the credit. If we win a SB they can take all the credit they want.

By the same token, since you think Garrett deserves all this credit, if this team falls on its face or gets bounced in rd 1 of the playoffs, will you hold him responsible? I think not. You will be in here with excuses so fast it will everyone's head spin or you will pout and go elsewhere because of the 'negativity' .

yimyammer likes this.
  5. visionary

17,384 Messages
    15,741 Likes Received
    [quote="Dodger12, post: 5744200, member: 5....... I can accept that but my "credit" will be given based on results, not some mystical process that fans cling to to give them hope.[/quote]

This x 100

6. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

7,067 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    You have some very low standards for knocking it out of the park.

Idgit likes this.
  7. visionary

17,384 Messages
    15,741 Likes Received
    I have to, I've been reading your posts

8. blindzebra

12,313 Messages
    4,110 Likes Received
    Fixed it for you.

9. blindzebra

12,313 Messages
    4,110 Likes Received
    The 3 stooges always stick together.

rcaldw likes this.
  10. visionary

17,384 Messages
    15,741 Likes Received
    As only you could

11. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

7,067 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    That makes zero sense, but what's new.

12. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

24,830 Messages
    16,575 Likes Received
    And yet, you keep following me around...

13. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

24,830 Messages
    16,575 Likes Received
    http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/2014/07/rod-marinellis-different-level-of-intensity-already-on-display-during-first-training-camp-practice.html/

No nonsense Marinelli...

Dodger12 likes this.
  14. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Well-Known Member

5,291 Messages
    4,513 Likes Received
    And still hasn't contributed one football fact in this thread. Thanks for your thoughts and the articles that support them.

khiladi likes this.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Riding the Red Rocket Staff Member

56,889 Messages
    57,001 Likes Received
    Those two things are probably related, khiladi.

16. ConstantReboot

7,959 Messages
    6,145 Likes Received
    Why do you keep moving the goalpost?

My argument was we were a "pass first" team even on 3rd downs last year. You asked for stats to prove my point. I showed it to you. Now you want to take about after the bye? Seriously....why is it hard for you to understand we were a pass happy team last year?

17. Idgit

Idgit Riding the Red Rocket Staff Member

56,889 Messages
    57,001 Likes Received
    Wait, you're saying I haven't contributed 'football facts' in this thread? Or am I reading that wrong? If the former, you ought to review the thread more carefully.

18. TexasFrog

TexasFrog Well-Known Member

5,291 Messages
    4,513 Likes Received
    Idgit, you are the opposite of "never contributing football facts." Sorry if you thought that was aimed at you. I quoted the wrong reply to someone. Always enjoy your posts whether we are on the same side of the argument or not. It was to someone else he was talking to that I've tried to engage in discussion so far regarding specifics.

Idgit likes this.
  19. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

13,697 Messages
    16,778 Likes Received
    Not moving the goalposts. You said we are only running the ball because of Scott.

You then must explain the post bye transformation.

Or else you have no point.

You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

20. ConstantReboot

7,959 Messages
    6,145 Likes Received
    You asked for stats and I gave it. Last year were 3rd to last in run to pass ratio. Here it is if you haven't bothered to look.

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/13_run_pass_ratios.html

Now your asking me that I should pull up stats after the bye? No thanks. Go find that info out yourself. Like I said your just moving the goalpost.

Fact is we were a pass heavy team before Linehan came here. Nothing is more obvious than the truth.

Yes you are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.