Garrett's 3 year plan

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by rcaldw, Oct 14, 2014.

1. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

8,995 Messages
    7,323 Likes Received
    Wrong it what? Facts are 3rd and short when Garrett was calling plays was a passing down, not run. So yes we struggled because we passed.

If you look at Murray's history his total average is 5 yards a carry even without a dominant oline. Which means that we have had a running game all these years but failed to exploit it.

Yes...facts that people fail to point out and ignore.
    There are two reasons why we had such a bad 3rd down conversion. 1st. We were pass oriented even on 3rd and short. Nothing bothered me more when we had Romo in shotgun and 3rd and short and we passed it. You can thank your pass happy head coach for that.

Secondly, because we were such a pass oriented team last year even though we could have ran it, we got into many 3rd and long situations. Thats because he do nothing but pass, pass, pass and we ended up 3rd and long. Nothing proves the case more on why we had such bad 3rd down conversion and thats because we passed the ball instead of running it. Once again, you can thank the head coach for being so pass happy.

As for the 12 personnel which you keep referring to......it was nothing more than us trying to copy the Patriots. Do you really think that we were going to run out of that formation when Escobar can even block for the love of God? Seriously.....you need to stop referring to the 12 personnel because doesn't prove a thing that we wanted to run the ball. It just proves that we invested in TEs that could catch the ball out of that position.

khiladi, Wolfpack and visionary like this.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,660 Messages
    60,235 Likes Received
    And just looking at 2011 and 2013, and 2014 drafts will tell you that that argument is ridiculous. No reasonable definition of commitment to the OL means you have to use a high pick every single year. And 2012 was the year we brought in the two starting OGs in veteran free agency, anyway. And Bill Callahan and the zone blocking scheme. After we'd added the franchise LT and right before we went back-to-back with first round interior linemen.

And for the record, the only OL that was taken in 2012 before our pick? Matt Kalil, who's people are talking about benching in Minnesota right now. No, thanks. I'll keep the guys we ended up with.

I don't want to belabor the argument, because, honestly, it's an absurd denial of the obvious as far as I'm concerned. Both the 'commitment to the OL' angle and the 'was there even a 'plan'?' angles. If the presence of a mountain of direct evidence that contradicts what you want to believe on top of the explicit statements regarding what the team was intending to do is not enough to get you to see what happened, it's because your eyes are closed on purpose.

That goes for anybody who chooses to believe we lucked into what we've got going on right now, and not just the people trying to prop up an unpropable argument in this particular thread.

Moderately_Askew likes this.
  3. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,109 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    Now that Garrett had been neutered and really does nothing more than stand there with that goofy smile he's doing a fine job at it.

I don't forget his horrible play calling and clock management.

Wolfpack and visionary like this.
  4. gdogg24

gdogg24 Well-Known Member

842 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    Do you really believe that's all a head coach does? I'm just wondering how much faith to lose in humanity

5. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

8,995 Messages
    7,323 Likes Received
    Contrary to popular belief I don't hate Garrett. But the real reason we are running more is because of Linehan.

6. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

5,788 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    You just described Jimmy Johnson.

cowboyeric8 likes this.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt BP is not impressed with your post Admin

74,008 Messages
    29,904 Likes Received
    Actually garrett and the front office said multiple times that they needed to run the ball more prior to this season.

They said it after games where they abandon the run. They also said it prior to the start of LAST season.

Problem was they would say it but would still go out there an abandon the run (even when it was working). Whether that be on Garrett, Whoever was calling plays at the time, Romo or a combination of all of them.

They have said it in the past and by they I am saying Jason, Jerry and Stephen...not just the press. Problem was before they just would not commit to the run, this year they have.

8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt BP is not impressed with your post Admin

74,008 Messages
    29,904 Likes Received
    oddly enough...even after taking Z.Martin and than Lawrence in the second...word is they were trying to trade back up in the draft to take the OG from LSU, Trai Turner, but could not trade back up so he got drafted by the Panthers in the third.

9. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member

6,564 Messages
    3,347 Likes Received
    Exactly. Very well-put.

10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

19,859 Messages
    19,312 Likes Received
    Laughable are posters who refused to see the problems with the team for the last 15+ years and made every excuse imaginable. When the FO finally did what MANY of us had been saying for years ie build the OL and DL , , these posters are calling out others

Dodger12 and TexasFrog like this.
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

81,685 Messages
    58,927 Likes Received
    Unbelievable.

12. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

12,543 Messages
    4,424 Likes Received
    So the career 60/40 pass happy play caller just magically became Vince Lombardi? Right.

13. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

5,788 Messages
    1,571 Likes Received
    cognitive dissonance makes people act very strangely

14. LittleBoyBlue

LittleBoyBlue Redvolution

35,750 Messages
    8,399 Likes Received

I was very disappointed in Garrett. But, things are going well so, yes, he gets some credit.

At the same note, Jerry is behind this. He hired these assistants and it's paying off. I have been disappointed with Jerry forbears too.... But now... He gets credits. Lots of it.

It's only right... It's inly fair.

IF we are to win it, Jerry can truly say HE DID IT HIS WAY.

Just the facts.
    As a fan. I don't care. Just win it so I can wreak havoc here in the northeast corridor... Lol

15. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

12,543 Messages
    4,424 Likes Received
    Facts? Now that is funny.

So Jerry just picked a guy Garrett had a long history with but Jason had no input?

Might want to do a google search because both Stephen and Jerry have said that Garrett hired Linehan and promoted Marinelli. Those are the facts.

16. LittleBoyBlue

LittleBoyBlue Redvolution

35,750 Messages
    8,399 Likes Received
    Jerry.

17. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

14,190 Messages
    13,636 Likes Received
    I distinctly remember Jones hinting in the news of drafting a olineman in the first two weeks before the draft. Who didn't think we needed to draft defense in the first last year

18. waving monkey

14,190 Messages
    13,636 Likes Received
    And Jerry hired R$ed to do his job

19. waving monkey

14,190 Messages
    13,636 Likes Received
    THEY WERE NOT RUNNING BECAUSE THEY HAD ZERO CONFIDENCE IN THE OLINE

20. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

7,067 Messages
    1,181 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones did not pick these assistants and anyone who says otherwise is wacky..

cowboyeric8 likes this.