Twitter: Gary Myers: Nobody would pay Dak $30M on the open market

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yet you're assuming I'm old because I don't agree with your takes? That sounds like someone who works the night shift at Taco Bueno rather than making 6 figures.:laugh:
Now now boyz..

We are all Friendz here..ain't we?

Just a little bit?

:oldcouple:

pansophy

Reaction score
They are so slow to figure things like this out.

It took them forever to realize that it might be a good idea to get a little leverage in these negotiations.

Dallas never gets ahead of things. They wait for failure and then sometimes they want to see the failure again just to make sure.
Dalton just hit the market. What leverage could Dallas have taken prior?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Oh no, not at all. If anything, I feel it's my duty to help and teach the less fortunate Cowboys fans on here. I'm sure one day you'll thank me.
Nah i dont listen to men who act like females and base their info off emotions and personal bias to make business decisions. I use actual facts, stats and analytics.

Redline360

Reaction score
I believe Dak can fetch about 30m(tops) if he ever hits the open market however there is a limited selection now. Lots of teams just picked up QB's and or drafted them. Horrible timing

Wentz contract was a mistake. IF he could stay healthy he could be worth that money.

Dallas has made more than a generous offer. Should have taken it and ran to the bank

jjktkk

Reaction score
Nah i dont listen to men who act like females and base their info off emotions and personal bias to make business decisions. I use actual facts, stats and analytics.
Sounds like a good plan sippy cup. I'm sure you'll go far one day.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan sippy cup. I'm sure you'll go far one day.
I would offer my services in wealth management to you but i cant work with an imbecile with no business acumen. Watch out for the nursing home boomer

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The Jaguars would. The Commanders and Arizona would definitely take a look as well. I'm sure the Raiders would try to find a way to get rid of Derek Carr and bring in Dak as well given his connections there now as well. The thought that no one would pay him $30 mil when you see what Ryan Tannehill got for achieving basically nothing is absurd.
Arizona? Did you get smacked with an encyclopedia or something? Why would Arizona even take a look?

jjktkk

Reaction score
I would offer my services in wealth management to you but i cant work with an imbecile with no business acumen. Watch out for the nursing home boomer
Well darn, darn, darn, that's horrible news Sippy. I guess I'll just have to figure it out on my own.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats cuz you have no swag gramps. You wouldnt think i make 6 figures either but its not unlike your crowd to judge a book by the cover
Lot's of money talk from someone who probably works at Burger King alongside Ranching another one of our fantasy millionaires here....

P.S. Real Money NEVER talks....

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Considering the DAMAGE his inept play has done since 2017 this is what I figure he's worth in the open market...

giphy-downsized-medium.gif
Robocop one of my favorite movies

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lot's of money talk from someone who probably works at Burger King alongside Ranching another one of our fantasy millionaires here....

P.S. Real Money NEVER talks....
Im not rich but i do ok. Rich ppl dont talk. Its ok pappy we can rejoice as cowboy brethren when dak signs his deal

Paradox

Reaction score
Hall of Fame QBs Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach - Dak is the man pay him whatever he wants

Reporter:
"So you’d pay him, right?"

Staubach:
“I’d pay him something.”

Pay him whatever he wants? Do you have a link to either former quarterback you named saying that?

The quote is from Dallas Morning News.

slick325

Reaction score
Not really a Dak guy per se and I think on the open market he would get $30M. Now would he be able to win like he has in Dallas? Probably not because he needs loaded pieces around him. Not just good pieces like all players. He needs Pro Bowl talent everywhere around him IMO.

Can he keep improving and ultimately be a guy that elevates guys around him or can make average play like pro bowlers...maybe.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Im not rich but i do ok. Rich ppl dont talk. Its ok pappy we can rejoice as cowboy brethren when dak signs his deal
We know you’re not rich fam. You’re doing wealth management and you’re not a top one unless proven otherwise so I know what type of money you’re making. I know a few people that do the same thing but good for you. You do post like you’re the first person in your family that’s ever saw this type of money though.

kskboys

Reaction score
We know you’re not rich fam. You’re doing wealth management and you’re not a top one unless proven otherwise so I know what type of money you’re making. I know a few people that do the same thing but good for you. You do post like you’re the first person in your family that’s ever saw this type of money though.
I found a nickel yesterday. Doubled my wealth.

yesfan

Reaction score
I’m guessing ticket prices whenever we get back to normal? will not be anywhere in the neighborhood they’re used to charging.Maybe that’s the approach now on big contracts.