Twitter: Gary Myers: Nobody would pay Dak $30M on the open market

NotForLong

Reaction score
Do we know that the rules allow them to change the tag and let him negotiate with other teams? I would pull any long term deal off the table, lower the tag, and tell him if he wants to remain a Cowboy, he will have to play under the tag, win the job, and perform well in MMs offense. If he can do all that, we will revisit a long term deal later in the season. If he doesn’t like it, he can try and find another team that will give up the picks for him which of course he won’t be able to do. He had life altering money on the table from probably the only team in the league that would offer it and he turned it down for a few pennies more due to ego and wanting to be paid more that QBs he knows are better than him. I’m not sure I want that kind of person as my QB anymore anyway. Find a way to trade him and I’m fine with it.
This

NotForLong

Reaction score
make sure you save this gif for when Dak does in fact get his long term deal with the cowboys and then you see the real crying start from the people who want him gone.

because that is what’s going to happen
:rolleyes:

NotForLong

Reaction score
It only takes one team to pay a QB what they think he's worth. I suspect there's at least one that would pay Dak $30 mil, especially since the Cowboys have reportedly already exceeded that amount in a contract offer. It's been said he's been offered well in excess of that amount but that's likely more speculative guesswork than fact. We won't know for sure until such time as it's been officially released.
That was way back when we didnt have any options

John813

Reaction score
Considering Ryan handoff to Henry Tannehill got 29.5mil per, I don't think Garys tweet is correct.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Corny

Without inserting Tannehill into the starting lineup, Titans dont even make the playoffs.

U dak bots would be slobbering all over yourselves if we got to the Championship game under the same circumstances
They are the same ones who claim the RB position isnt important and anyone could replace Zeke

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Even if true, the only fact we should be concerned about is the FO doesn’t want to pay Dak what he wants. What that means is they don’t see him of value as they saw Aikman, Romo, or even Zeke or DLaw. You can say it’s because he wants 40+, it’s about the guaranteed money, it’s about X amount of years.

Well, it hasn’t been done and there has to be some truth to the OPs post as well as how we view Dak as a “franchise piece.” Everyone that says well, he’s our best option to win right now. You are right mam and sirs. However, every team says that because there isn’t any viable options out in the market. Usually you have that guy on your team (even if it’s the Flaccos or Cousins of the world), picking top 10 in the draft, or getting fleeced to trade for a better QB.

The writing is right there. They are comfortable with Dak just as many playoff teams are. It doesn’t have to be Mahommes or Brady. It could be a Bridgewater or Garapollo. He is good enough to win right now but is he the star player who everyone admires (like Aikman). Nope. At least half of our fan base doesn’t believe it and I have a hard time believing that our FO believes it with how Dak is being treated.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Even if true, the only fact we should be concerned about is the FO doesn’t want to pay Dak what he wants. What that means is they don’t see him of value as they saw Aikman, Romo, or even Zeke or DLaw. You can say it’s because he wants 40+, it’s about the guaranteed money, it’s about X amount of years.

Well, it hasn’t been done and there has to be some truth to the OPs post as well as how we view Dak as a “franchise piece.” Everyone that says well, he’s our best option to win right now. You are right mam and sirs. However, every team says that because there isn’t any viable options out in the market. Usually you have that guy on your team (even if it’s the Flaccos or Cousins of the world), picking top 10 in the draft, or getting fleeced to trade for a better QB.

The writing is right there. They are comfortable with Dak just as many playoff teams are. It doesn’t have to be Mahommes or Brady. It could be a Bridgewater or Garapollo. He is good enough to win right now but is he the star player who everyone admires (like Aikman). Nope. At least half of our fan base doesn’t believe it and I have a hard time believing that our FO believes it with how Dak is being treated.

If Dak was as good as some of the people on this forum believe he is then this deal would’ve been done a long time ago.

The deal will get done eventually I’m sure but Dallas is going to be a worse team for it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Sometimes when i laugh too hard a tear does come to my eye.

I cant wait until you have to change your name in 2 years.

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Real tears

Lol we shall see. Even if Dak did move on, I won’t spend thread after thread after thread crying about it and making up a bunch of stupidly ignorant nonsense about the next QB. Unlike some folks I know.

:thumbup:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Sometimes when i laugh too hard a tear does come to my eye.

I cant wait until you have to change your name in 2 years.

Real tears

The idea of me changing my name being a problem, is particularly funny coming from the same
Clown who had a Mike White avatar for a while.

:laugh::laugh::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

NotForLong

Reaction score
I'm on the outskirts going towards Silicon Valley. I don't really go into the actual SF city limits. The uber drivers tell me the homeless situation is really bad.

One story I've heard is that at some point in the past there was an organization that promoted support for the homeless if they came there which prompted some other cities/states to give homeless people a 1-way ticket to SF.
Watch the documentary produced by Pelosi's daughter. I believe it originally aired on HBO.

The homeless situation happened when all the startups moved out there and raised the price on real estate and rents

NotForLong

Reaction score
Lol we shall see. Even if Dak did move on, I won’t spend thread after thread after thread crying about it and making up a bunch of stupidly ignorant nonsense about the next QB. Unlike some folks I know.

:thumbup:
You already responded twice to the same post and your Man Crush only has 1 foot out the door.

NotForLong

Reaction score
The idea of me changing my name being a problem, is particularly funny coming from the same
Clown who had a Mike White avatar for a while.

:laugh::laugh::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:
How do you like my Avatar now.

My Hero. . . He may have single handedly saved the Cowboys from the Clown you adore so much

HungryLion

Reaction score
How do you like my Avatar now.

My Hero. . . He may have single handedly saved the Cowboys from the Clown you adore so much

Like I said we shall see. Again, I won’t cry about it. If he moves on he moves on. I’ve said it a bunch of times. But keep repeating yourself like it would bother me.

Then again, I don’t exactly trust the judgment of someone who thought Mike White was going to be a good QB in the league. So you thinking he will be gone soon doesn’t move the needle one way or another for me.