Twitter: Gary Myers: Nobody would pay Dak $30M on the open market

mattjames2010

Reaction score
on the one hand some keep throwing accolades at how cowboys did in the off season. on the other hand some call them dopes....

can't live on both sides of the fence at the same time..

Key word is “some”. What others have said is irrelevant to me.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My reply to this is...he wasn't able to competer with this roster before with a probowl cornerback and DE on the team before they left. These were replaced by rookies some of whom are udfa's. Is this an upgrade? That remains to be seen but I don't think you replace that talent (both 1st rnd picks themselves) that easily. Does McCarthy makes so much difference that Dak can now take this team from 8-8 to the superbowl? Again, I like Dak and think he's good but not elite and in this case, I think numbers lie. Dak played some of the worst teams in the league last year with the worst defenses to post the numbers he did. I hope that he can take that next step.. after all I root for the Cowboys and not against a player. I've liked Dak since college and think he has... "something". But something is still missing that I can't put my finger on. I know this is a team sport and it isn't just Dak responsible for our losses (Our defense took a step back last year even with Quinn and BJ). I just think you refrain from paying that kind of money to someone who you aren't sure is the top of the top. He has indicators of greatness but then he struggles against teams he should blow out of the water (Jets for example) and you say "Whaaat?". Anyways... I like our little talks. I hope you and the family are safe and healthy during this crisis. God bless.
I think McCarthy is an upgrade, regardless of what we did we Roster, although we have upgraded the roster in my opinion (but remains to be seen in 2021)….just improving the coaching, being able to make the right calls during the game and most importantly during crucial times of the game in the 4th quarter is a huge improvement. I can't count the number of times we made the wrong calls, called the wrong plays during games that cost us....it was like pulling defeat from jaws of victory every time.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
LOL. emotional BS...took you a bit of time to come up with that one..... I will forward you a bunch of this double talk BS, given your ammo is to point me to one of the 134,474, 378 posts on Dak...hold on to your shorts....your about to poop
No it didn't take any time just like it didn't take you any time to become a liar just to try to make a point. Just show me the proof of double talk and save the rest of your lying babble.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No it didn't take any time just like it didn't take you any time to become a liar just to try to make a point. Just show me the proof of double talk and save the rest of your lying babble.
kool beans...shall do...like I said, get ready to poop your pants.....

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Couple things. Myers has always been a weasel. Now he is a weasel struggling for relevance. You'd expect this from him. Also, he has been a Dak hater since the jump. Not saying Dak is worth Russell Wilson money. Not saying that at all. The thing is whether or not JG and CW contracts are smart they did set the market. Dak would be foolish to take less.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Joe Montana had a bunch of HOFs around him bc there was no cap. And please dont use Dak and Montana in the same breath.

Lol. I was focusing on the logic. ZERO player comparisons were made.

But it is obvious by your tone towards Dak that you DESPISE our QB. Sounds personal to me. :thumbdown:

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Lol. I was focusing on the logic. ZERO player comparisons were made.

But it is obvious by your tone towards Dak that you DESPISE our QB. Sounds personal to me. :thumbdown:
Like our QB. But not for 30 million. Would have to hit on every draft pick perfectly if the QB is soaking up that huge portion of the team cap. And the QB has to be worth that portion of the cap. Dak is not.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Like our QB. But not for 30 million. Would have to hit on every draft pick perfectly if the QB is soaking up that huge portion of the team cap. And the QB has to be worth that portion of the cap. Dak is not.

:thumbup:

pansophy

Reaction score
Let Dak Prescott win any game (much less a playoff game) throwing for under 100 yards while Zeke goes on a historical run...and this exact same group of idiotic anti-Dak haters would literally march on Arlington to get Dak replaced.

But suddenly, a guy who threw for 369 yards TOTAL in 3 NFL playoff games "took his team to the AFC Championship!"

Morons.
Though you know the Eagles won it all with Foles. The right situation at the right time and a lot of QBs can win. With our talent on offense we don't have to have Dak to win.

The thing that is getting missed in the conversations is that Dak and his agent are trying to win in all three elements of the contract (there was a good article about this a bit ago) - guarantied money, yearly salary, and contract length. The article said that the Cowboys are winning to lose a little on 2 of the 3, but not all 3. That's really why this isn't signed. Dak wants a 4 year deal but isn't willing to budge on the other two.

Dalton has been to some pro bowls, so say what you want about Dak being better, Dalton is good enough to win in the right situation. I would hold tight and if Dak insists on winning on all three elements of the contract, and sits out then we have a reasonable fallback. The bad part of this contract negotiation in my mind is that if Dak plays on the tag this year, then even signing a 4 year deal next year would be like signing a 5 year deal. Why not do that in the first place? So if he ends up playing on the tag this is going to the way of Cousins IMO.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Though you know the Eagles won it all with Foles. The right situation at the right time and a lot of QBs can win. With our talent on offense we don't have to have Dak to win.

The thing that is getting missed in the conversations is that Dak and his agent are trying to win in all three elements of the contract (there was a good article about this a bit ago) - guarantied money, yearly salary, and contract length. The article said that the Cowboys are winning to lose a little on 2 of the 3, but not all 3. That's really why this isn't signed. Dak wants a 4 year deal but isn't willing to budge on the other two.

Dalton has been to some pro bowls, so say what you want about Dak being better, Dalton is good enough to win in the right situation. I would hold tight and if Dak insists on winning on all three elements of the contract, and sits out then we have a reasonable fallback. The bad part of this contract negotiation in my mind is that if Dak plays on the tag this year, then even signing a 4 year deal next year would be like signing a 5 year deal. Why not do that in the first place? So if he ends up playing on the tag this is going to the way of Cousins IMO.

Of course Dak is unwilling to budge on anything. RIGHTFULLY SO. Dak is RIGHTFULLY DONE being UNDERPAID.

The Dallas Cowboys got the production of the No. 1 and No. 2 overall picks (Wentz and Goff) OVER THE LAST 4 YEARS...WHILE PAYING 1/10 THE COSTS!

The Cowboys then want to turn around and structure Dak's contract he has all the drawback of a first round pick WITHOUT any of the benefits. The Cowboys, and I don't blame them for trying, wants to control Dak like the Eagles and Rams control Wentz and Goff...WHILE PAYING 1/10 the amount of money.

So as I have said, if I am Dak, I would be more than willing to sign a 5 or 6 year deal...IF the Cowboys pay me the $26 million dollars of "back pay" that Wentz and Goff got over their first 4 years that I didn't.

Let Staffords, Jimmy Gs, Ryan Tannehills, Derek Carrs, Eli Mannings, Big Ben, Tom Bradys, and even Kirk Cousins of the world "give up" something. Let Tony Romo "give up" something.

Stop asking the 77th highest paid QB to "give up" something WHILE he produces at BASICALLY a NO. 1 over pick rate.

kskboys

Reaction score
Of course Dak is unwilling to budge on anything. RIGHTFULLY SO. Dak is RIGHTFULLY DONE being UNDERPAID.

The Dallas Cowboys got the production of the No. 1 and No. 2 overall picks (Wentz and Goff) OVER THE LAST 4 YEARS...WHILE PAYING 1/10 THE COSTS!

The Cowboys then want to turn around and structure Dak's contract he has all the drawback of a first round pick WITHOUT any of the benefits. The Cowboys, and I don't blame them for trying, wants to control Dak like the Eagles and Rams control Wentz and Goff...WHILE PAYING 1/10 the amount of money.

So as I have said, if I am Dak, I would be more than willing to sign a 5 or 6 year deal...IF the Cowboys pay me the $26 million dollars of "back pay" that Wentz and Goff got over their first 4 years that I didn't.

Let Staffords, Jimmy Gs, Ryan Tannehills, Derek Carrs, Eli Mannings, Big Ben, Tom Bradys, and even Kirk Cousins of the world "give up" something. Let Tony Romo "give up" something.

Stop asking the 77th highest paid QB to "give up" something WHILE he produces at BASICALLY a NO. 1 over pick rate.
Since they offered to pay him 30 mil last season and he turned it down, your post appears to be completely irrelevant.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Jerry is the only idiot that would give him that deal.

Most teams around the league have their guy under center.

Pats wont sign him

Jags are tanking for Lawerence

Bears wont sign him after trading for Foles and that contract
Commanders trade

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
They are so slow to figure things like this out.

It took them forever to realize that it might be a good idea to get a little leverage in these negotiations.

Dallas never gets ahead of things. They wait for failure and then sometimes they want to see the failure again just to make sure.
True, and Dallas always checks in with the fan base to make sure and confirm their decisions,,, always thought that was a weakness.
Just observe and evaluate, and make a decision despite fan base approval or disapproval..
I see a little bit of movement in that direction now, bringing in Dalton isn't as trivial as some are making it out to be.
There is actually some thinking outside of the box taking place now, for once in a very long time.
Egos getting tossed to the side, for once in a very long time.

Section446

Reaction score
Dak is not worth more than ten million. Thirty million is madness.
Not a fan of Dak, but I think you're wrong. His fair number in my mind is somewhere between $29 million and $32 million per year.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Dak is not worth more than ten million. Thirty million is madness.
Really, you can't be serious. Bridgewater getting $20 mil, other no names getting the same. Dak is worth whatever the Cowboys pay him. Blame someone, blame the Rams and Eagles for setting the market. And really want to cringe, watch what Chiefs, Texans and Ravens pay their guys either this off season or next then backups will be getting at least $20 mill a year sitting on the stinking bench.