GB player takes shot at Dak

zeke21

Reaction score
It won't be the first or the last time this happens to a Cowboys QB.

Romo used to get this type of crap after a loss also .

Until we win something, this will continue regardless of who the QB1 is.
Disagree.. and sick of Romo being bought into this. Yes Romo rightfully copped flak at times but he was more respected outside of the organisation than in it.

I can't think of a single defensive player that came out and openly stated that they had game planned to "stop the run and force Romo to throw it" and such.

having said that.. the reality is probably that both weren't good enough but Romo is light years better QB than Dak ever has or will be. Period.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Kearse, Hooker, Wilson, etc were all failures.
Darnell savage had zero interceptions all year. If our safeties were failures he Def was. He wasn't on Sunday though. His team has back 7 Dawgs. Again, it's not a talent issue

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Was just about to post that.

Other teams love Dak.. I really do think they deliberately talk him up so that Dallas keeps him and then they can laugh at us some more. Absolutely no one fears Dak.

Teams engineering chances to play us in the playoffs.. knowing it is the easiest route to the next round. It is sickening.
The Rams were trying to do this but messed up and won the last game instead and now they're home with the Cowboys.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
The blueprint has been out on Dak for years. Confuse the crap out of him and give him different defensive looks - he folds like a cheap tent.

This is why we get punked by playoff contenders, they have the coaching and players to accomplish that. Bad teams can’t pull it off the same way.

khiladi

Reaction score

Other teams love Dak.. I really do think they deliberately talk him up so that Dallas keeps him and then they can laugh at us some more. Absolutely no one fears Dak.

Teams engineering chances to play us in the playoffs.. knowing it is the easiest route to the next round. It is sickening.
I think players generally do this, as this sets the market for everybody. The bigger contracts players sign, the more the needle moves up for all of them.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Disagree.. and sick of Romo being bought into this. Yes Romo rightfully copped flak at times but he was more respected outside of the organisation than in it.

I can't think of a single defensive player that came out and openly stated that they had game planned to "stop the run and force Romo to throw it" and such.

having said that.. the reality is probably that both weren't good enough but Romo is light years better QB than Dak ever has or will be. Period.
great post and very accurate.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

Candidly, that’s what I thought in 2016 too. All the talking heads were saying they can’t go back to Romo because, “Can’t hurt the chemistry”, “Do you really want to risk the win streak?”, yada yada. Despite all the statistical disadvantages against it and the anti-football logic that was being promulgated. Why give your opposition an even better chance to win?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This contract situation is going to be a riot
I have no clue how this will play out.
They're going to extend him.

You will be told it's because they just can't eat the money owed to him next year.

Then 5 years from now we will go through the same thing, except Dak will be 36 and be owed 80+ mil for his final year instead of the 60 mil he's owed this year.

This we go on until Dak retires as a Cowboy.