GB player takes shot at Dak

Zman5

Reaction score
Disagree.. and sick of Romo being bought into this. Yes Romo rightfully copped flak at times but he was more respected outside of the organisation than in it.

I can't think of a single defensive player that came out and openly stated that they had game planned to "stop the run and force Romo to throw it" and such.

having said that.. the reality is probably that both weren't good enough but Romo is light years better QB than Dak ever has or will be. Period.
Disagree what?. Are you saying Romo didn't experience this type of crap? If you are, you are wrong.

Other players used take shots at him all the time. Especially after a big loss.

zeke21

Reaction score
Candidly, that’s what I thought in 2016 too. All the talking heads were saying they can’t go back to Romo because, “Can’t hurt the chemistry”, “Do you really want to risk the win streak?”, yada yada. Despite all the statistical disadvantages against it and the anti-football logic that was being promulgated. Why give your opposition an even better chance to win?
Yep and I posted as such in here at the time. There was the huge Dak vs Romo mega thread. Some many delusional fans that couldn't see that of course other teams are going to want Dak to stay in.. they knew we were a highly talented team.. Zeke is running literally over them.. they only chance they had was poor QB play.

Grrrrrr don't remind me.. the decision to stick with Dak was so flawed then and looks even worse in hindsight. Romo was primed, ready and it was our chance to break this three decade streak of crap.

I still think about that one series they finally put Romo in for that last game.. yes it was the Giants (I mean Dak got paid based on beating them up but still) but how crisp were the throws.. just chalk and cheese. How anyone, even the clapper, could justify not giving Romo back the starting gig is beyond me. I literally do not comprehend how they did that. It was sheer madness at the time and I felt like I was in the twilight zone. And for the next 7 years the decision has just proven to get worse and worse and worse. It sometimes actually makes me feel sick.

Dak is a fraud. Built his reputation based on a beyond dominant OLine and Running game early.. and then by feasting against bottom feeder clubs. Not a single defensive coordinator is worried about Dak. Ever.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
They came into Jerry's world, put their feet on the couch, and dared the Cowboys to do something about it.
I would liken it to bullies kicking your door down, drinking all your beer and eating all your food, pissing and clogging up your toilet...then just leaving without even saying a thank you. How rude. But may as well get used to it by the looks of it.

zeke21

Reaction score
Disagree what?. Are you saying Romo didn't experience this type of crap? If you are, you are wrong.

Other players used take shots at him all the time. Especially after a big loss.
Quotes? Clips?

I realise Romo got criticised endlessly for our failures.. including his own poor mistakes but I'm specifically talking about opposition defensive players calling him out..?

Big_D

Reaction score
They could've crapped on the 50 if they wanted to.

khiladi

Reaction score
All my homies in this thread saying everything I would!

giphy.gif

Zman5

Reaction score
Quotes? Clips?

I realise Romo got criticised endlessly for our failures.. including his own poor mistakes but I'm specifically talking about opposition defensive players calling him out..?

Google it I remember London Fletcher calling him a chocker after a loss. There are others.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Forward straight to 1:05. This is the second year straight a defensive player openly takes a shot at Dak, last year the 49ers defender saying Dak couldn’t throw against zone. You couldn’t be more explicit.

What the hell did he say

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yep and I posted as such in here at the time. There was the huge Dak vs Romo mega thread. Some many delusional fans that couldn't see that of course other teams are going to want Dak to stay in.. they knew we were a highly talented team.. Zeke is running literally over them.. they only chance they had was poor QB play.

Grrrrrr don't remind me.. the decision to stick with Dak was so flawed then and looks even worse in hindsight. Romo was primed, ready and it was our chance to break this three decade streak of crap.

I still think about that one series they finally put Romo in for that last game.. yes it was the Giants (I mean Dak got paid based on beating them up but still) but how crisp were the throws.. just chalk and cheese. How anyone, even the clapper, could justify not giving Romo back the starting gig is beyond me. I literally do not comprehend how they did that. It was sheer madness at the time and I felt like I was in the twilight zone. And for the next 7 years the decision has just proven to get worse and worse and worse. It sometimes actually makes me feel sick.

Dak is a fraud. Built his reputation based on a beyond dominant OLine and Running game early.. and then by feasting against bottom feeder clubs. Not a single defensive coordinator is worried about Dak. Ever.
It was the Eagles not the Giants. I remember after he led them to a TD, they were high-fiving him on the sidelines like he’d never done it before and then pulled him. I remember he felt a lot of disrespect at that time with that response and rightfully so. If Romo was anything that can’t be denied, he was an actual exemplar of the meritocracy that Garrett pretended to value but never earned and hypocritically did not apply to the QB position that year.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I would liken it to bullies kicking your door down, drinking all your beer and eating all your food, pissing and clogging up your toilet...then just leaving without even saying a thank you. How rude. But may as well get used to it by the looks of it.
No! Not the beer!!!!!!!