Gene Steratore

mugsybows

Reaction score
It seems to me it's always been there, it's just recently been rekindled.

From the moniker of America's Team, to the way Jerry fired Coach Landry, and just because we were unapologetically successful in the 70s and 90s, there has always been a reason to hate us. They had a good time laughing at us over the last 10-15 years, but as soon as they realized we were back for real, it didn't take long for them to hate us again.

People love to hate us. When the no call happened last week fans were like this is a travesty. When the call goes against us today fans nationwide say we deserve this and f the Cowboys and it was absolutely the right call. I've never got how fans care about rooting against another team so much and for what? I honestly think it's jealousy but what are they jealous of. I think the league knows there's hate and sticks it to us. Better storylines. Guarantee you won't hear as much commotion this week in the media over this call than we did last week with a call that actually wasn't a PI. The leagues BS I'm over it.

yimyammer

Reaction score
This guy better never step foot in the city of Dallas again. His decision destroyed the sprit of millions of Cowboys fans. I am totally depressed. Jason Witten was "volcanic" in the locker room after the game. How could someone be so cold hearted? Screw Dez..fine..but what about Jason Witten and Tony Romo you imbecile! They've spent a decade suffering so many downs....how do you have the nerve to make that call in front of them after everything they've been thru? Where the hell did all this anti-Cowboys sentiment come from? Skip Bayless was right, that decision was "criminal". 25 years old....this man ruined the happiest season of my lifetime. Sorry I had to rant for a second, I'm just totally stunned about what happened today.

where'd you hear this?

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
The overturned it because it was a "50/50" play with Dallas involved. Because of that incident last week, Dallas wasn't getting the benefit of the doubt on a controversial play like that. NFL got tired of hearing about last week and explaining away. League needs full-time referees and no more of this "superstar" crew non-sense. They're not investing anything in the referees and don't hold them accountable for their mistakes. Of course, nobody aside from Dallas fans care that we got screwed.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Zord thanks for this thread. We need to let out this anger. I'm thankful form the season and not even feeling bad for myself I had a great time this year.

But a young guy like you in a dream season ruined by the agenda of a league to care about. And most of all good football men like Witten screwed over. And Dez basically being told all his hard work and ability means nothing the guy has done so much to be a success in life. And Tony pooped on for years finally taking the next step but his elite all time pass play gets stolen from him.

It all sucks

Zordon

Reaction score
It seems to me it's always been there, it's just recently been rekindled.

From the moniker of America's Team, to the way Jerry fired Coach Landry, and just because we were unapologetically successful in the 70s and 90s, there has always been a reason to hate us. They had a good time laughing at us over the last 10-15 years, but as soon as they realized we were back for real, it didn't take long for them to hate us again.

Let it out Zord! You are right. Matthews with cheap low late dirty hits and no flag or condemnation from the media. Rodgers is a known dbag by his ex receivers. But the commercials and media love both these jerks. Lambeau field was purposely muddied so our kicker would have problems.

The refs allow a ball to bounce off the ground to help GB score a halftime FG while taking away a beast of a play by Dez.

Witten and Romo may never have this chance again.

Screw the rigged NFL

This team doesn't have any real jerks. We are choir boys compared to some teams like the Seahawks. Could you imagine the hate we'd get if we acted like those hyenas??? Yet they are loved and adored for it?

I don't understand the hate. Yes we used to be good but that was 20 years ago. Why when the Yankees won in 96 did everybody love them yet when we finally have a Super Bowl caliber team after nearly 20 years, we have been vilified like crazy the last month.

Honestly I wouldn't give a crap but now I'm starting to think this is effecting officiating. We are lucky Romo didn't rip a ligament today with those low hits.

Plankton

Reaction score
While Steratore was part of the crew that got the call wrong, IMHO, he and the referees had little to do with the loss today:
  • Was it Steratore that snapped the ball low on 3rd and 1, dooming the Cowboys ability to convert late in the first half?
  • Was it Steratore that missed a makeable field goal not once, but twice?
  • Was it Steratore that turned Davante Adams from a disappointing rookie to a star today?
  • Was it Steratore that stood in the middle of the field like a cigar store indian instead of making a move to tackle Adams on his long touchdown catch/run?
  • Was it Steratore that failed to mount anything resembling a pass rush on Rodgers in the second half?
  • Was it Steratore that couldn't get a stop from the 4:06 mark onward to force the Packers to punt the ball back to the Cowboys?
While it's a better narrative to blame the refs, the Cowboys have no one to blame but themselves for losing today.

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
I hate to live vicariously through another team, but it'll be nice to see Seattle dispense some justice over the next couple of games. They're putting the league's darlings out of the playoffs because they're just too talented for the referees to stop.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
This team doesn't have any real jerks. We are choir boys compared to some teams like the Seahawks. Could you imagine the hate we'd get if we acted like those hyenas??? Yet they are loved and adored for it?

I don't understand the hate. Yes we used to be good but that was 20 years ago. Why when the Yankees won in 96 did everybody love them yet when we finally have a Super Bowl caliber team after nearly 20 years, we have been vilified like crazy the last month.

Honestly I wouldn't give a crap but now I'm starting to think this is effecting officiating. We are lucky Romo didn't rip a ligament today with those low hits.

They hate us BECAUSE we're good.

Zordon

Reaction score
Zord thanks for this thread. We need to let out this anger. I'm thankful form the season and not even feeling bad for myself I had a great time this year.

But a young guy like you in a dream season ruined by the agenda of a league to care about. And most of all good football men like Witten screwed over. And Dez basically being told all his hard work and ability means nothing the guy has done so much to be a success in life. And Tony pooped on for years finally taking the next step but his elite all time pass play gets stolen from him.

It all sucks

I'm not going to lie man this has brought me to tears. I will never get over this loss, especially if Witten never gets another opportunity like this.

yimyammer

Reaction score
It's simply really. We have to make sure we are never in the position to let a ref dictate the outcome of a game like that again.

Go to 4:04 of this video and watch until 5:00 (longer if you like):

reminds me of when Miami lost to Notre Dame on a controversial call and Jimmy told the team you can't leave the outcome in the hands of the refs and I think they won the national championship the next season

If I can salvage anything from todays loss, it would be the hope they can keep enough of this team together that felt the sting of todays loss and regroup next year and take out their rage on the NFL the entire year never letting up no matter how far ahead they are and if people complain, just cite the Green Bay game as to why they never let off the gas

cowboys69fan

Reaction score
This guy better never step foot in the city of Dallas again. His decision destroyed the sprit of millions of Cowboys fans. I am totally depressed. Jason Witten was "volcanic" in the locker room after the game. How could someone be so cold hearted? Screw Dez..fine..but what about Jason Witten and Tony Romo you imbecile! They've spent a decade suffering so many downs....how do you have the nerve to make that call in front of them after everything they've been thru? Where the hell did all this anti-Cowboys sentiment come from? Skip Bayless was right, that decision was "criminal". 25 years old....this man ruined the happiest season of my lifetime. Sorry I had to rant for a second, I'm just totally stunned about what happened today.

I'm with you buddy, the more and more you look at it on replay, it's a typical awesome catch that does not get reversed all NFL season long, and then its up to HIM, seriously?? Our season up to this one guy to make the final call?? Wow I've really lost all hope for the NFL officiating!

coult44

Reaction score
Mike Fisher on the radio about an hour ago.

All the players should sound off to the media. If the NFL does have an agenda, it's not like it will get any worse if all these players blast the NFL and the Refs!!!

Staubacher

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie man this has brought me to tears. I will never get over this loss, especially if Witten never gets another opportunity like this.

I think these players feel like you bro. They will be possessed next season. It seems a long way off but it will arrive.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
This loss stings but we had our chances and didn't capitalize. When it comes down to a single play or call you didn't do enough to win in the first place. Again it sucks serious monkey arse but our guys had their chances and didn't make the most of them.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Go to 4:04 of this video and watch until 5:00 (longer if you like):

reminds me of when Miami lost to Notre Dame on a controversial call and Jimmy told the team you can't leave the outcome in the hands of the refs and I think they won the national championship the next season

If I can salvage anything from todays loss, it would be the hope they can keep enough of this team together that felt the sting of todays loss and regroup next year and take out their rage on the NFL the entire year never letting up no matter how far ahead they are and if people complain, just cite the Green Bay game as to why they never let off the gas

And get home field advantage. sick of slick balls and muddy fields

davey999

Reaction score
As with the Lions last week, a call in our favor did not guarantee a win. We had many missed op's. Murray's fumble, the missed fumble on the kick return. etc.

Zordon

Reaction score
While Steratore was part of the crew that got the call wrong, IMHO, he and the referees had little to do with the loss today:
  • Was it Steratore that snapped the ball low on 3rd and 1, dooming the Cowboys ability to convert late in the first half?
  • Was it Steratore that missed a makeable field goal not once, but twice?
  • Was it Steratore that turned Davante Adams from a disappointing rookie to a star today?
  • Was it Steratore that stood in the middle of the field like a cigar store indian instead of making a move to tackle Adams on his long touchdown catch/run?
  • Was it Steratore that failed to mount anything resembling a pass rush on Rodgers in the second half?
  • Was it Steratore that couldn't get a stop from the 4:06 mark onward to force the Packers to punt the ball back to the Cowboys?
While it's a better narrative to blame the refs, the Cowboys have no one to blame but themselves for losing today.

i hate this line of thinking. they aren't monkey running around making random calls. they are smart, well trained, meticulously screened, handsomely paid officials. if we can't depend on them then what is their purpose?

things like a missed kick in the cold or a missed tackle are no where near the level of F up that call was at that time in the game.

Plankton

Reaction score
i hate this line of thinking. they aren't monkey running around making random calls. they are smart, well trained, meticulously screened, handsomely paid officials. if we can't depend on them then what is their purpose?

things like a missed kick in the cold or a missed tackle are no where near the level of F up that call was at that time in the game.

That line of thinking that you hate is the truth. The call didn't cost the Cowboys the game. Their mistakes throughout did.