Gene Steratore

Zordon

Reaction score
That line of thinking that you hate is the truth. The call didn't cost the Cowboys the game. Their mistakes throughout did.

come on man at the end of the day the defense held a team averaging 38 pts at home to 26 pts.

meanwhile we would have had 28 pts if the refs made the right call.

the mistake at the end of the 1st half was crucial but it did not crush the team's resolve. the refs did that.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
The tragic part about the blown call is that Tony and company didn't get another opportunity to win the game.

I've seen some people comparing this call to the Hitchens "PI", but naw it's not the same.

Stafford had TWO chances afterwards to lead his team to victory.

Tony didn't get a chance.

eyato

Reaction score
To be fair, say we get the TD and 2pt conversion, do you really trust the D to stop Rodgers? I think the playcalling in the 2nd half wasnt very good, we could have definitely scored more than 7 points, regardless of that call

I guess we'll never know...

Plankton

Reaction score
come on man at the end of the day the defense held a team averaging 38 pts at home to 26 pts.

meanwhile we would have had 28 pts if the refs made the right call.

the mistake at the end of the 1st half was crucial but it did not crush the team's resolve. the refs did that.

Just stop.

They blew the end of the first half, with no referee involvement.

They had 4:06, two timeouts and the 2 minute warning stoppage. Plenty of time to get a stop, force a punt and win. They did none of it.

With the way the defense played in the second half, even if the call was upheld, and they scored a touchdown, do you have any faith that the defense would have stopped Rodgers to not allow them to win the game with a FG, tie the game with a FG (if the Cowboys converted a two point conversion up 27-26) or score a TD?

The danger with pinning stuff on one call is the fallacy of the predetermined outcome. From the point of that call further, there is no definite outcome.

Except what we saw play out. Which was the Cowboys losing the game on their own merits.

Last edited:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I read the posts in this thread and wonder what the real difference is between the fans here and the Lion fans griping after the Detroit game.

If there is one, I can't find it.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I read the posts in this thread and wonder what the real difference is between the fans here and the Lion fans griping after the Detroit game.

There is a huge difference. In the Lions game the mistake was just a procedural error. The referee announced the penalty to the crowd before they had their routine discussion regarding all of the different vantage points. After the discussion he had to announce a correction. Our play was called a catch on the field and reversed by the booth after a challenge.

DTown214

Reaction score
Can we stop with the whole "we lost because of all the mistakes we made, not because of the refs" blah blah blah nonsense. I know y'all are trying to be the voice of reason but seriously... you can't realistically expect us to play a flawless game against a really good Packer team at Lambeau. Yeah if Murray didn't fumble, if we recovered the Cobb fumble, if Bailey didn't miss the field goal, etc. this would've been a blowout win. You can't expect that. We played good enough to win despite all of our mistakes. The bottom line is, the outcome of the game was in the refs' hands, and they completely blew it. I'll get over it in a few days, but for the time being... it's the refs' faults and nobody else's.

Staubacher

Reaction score
There was clear referee involvement at the end of half. Cobb dropped that midfield pass it clearly hit ground. Led to 3 points
Just stop.

They had 4:06, two timeouts and the 2 minute warning stoppage. Plenty of time to get a stop, force a punt and win. They did none of it.

With the way the defense played in the second half, even if the call was upheld, and they scored a touchdown, do you have any faith that the defense would have stopped Rodgers to either win the game with a FG, tie the game with a FG (if the Cowboys converted a two point conversion up 27-26) or score a TD?

The danger with pinning stuff on one call is the fallacy of the predetermined outcome. From the point of that call further, there is no definite outcome.

Except what we saw play out. Which was the Cowboys losing the game on their own merits.

Staubacher

Reaction score

One small difference wasn't PI was a catch

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Just stop.

With the way the defense played in the second half, even if the call was upheld, and they scored a touchdown, do you have any faith that the defense would have stopped Rodgers to not allow them to win the game with a FG, tie the game with a FG (if the Cowboys converted a two point conversion up 27-26) or score a TD?

No referee involvement? How bout that skip pass to Cobb. It clearly showed that it hit the ground. Yet they gave him that catch. So stop saying there was no referee involvement. There was lots of it. Even that pass in the endzone to Williams could have been called to since there was contact.

Cowboys was robbed. That call was crucial and you know it. The refs didn't have conclusive evidence to show that was not a catch. It sure was.

Plankton

Reaction score
There was clear referee involvement at the end of half. Cobb dropped that midfield pass it clearly hit ground. Led to 3 points

Rodgers was sacked the next play, wiping out the gain from the catch, and then completed a pass for 31 yards to put them in FG range.

The bad call on the pass to Cobb ultimately had no impact.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Rodgers was sacked the next play, wiping out the gain from the catch, and then completed a pass for 31 yards to put them in FG range.

Huh? The sack would have put them further back if the right call was made. Total field position difference.

Plankton

Reaction score
No referee involvement? How bout that skip pass to Cobb. It clearly showed that it hit the ground. Yet they gave him that catch. So stop saying there was no referee involvement. There was lots of it. Even that pass in the endzone to Williams could have been called to since there was contact.

Cowboys was robbed. That call was crucial and you know it. The refs didn't have conclusive evidence to show that was not a catch. It sure was.

Just stop. Seriously.

The pass to Williams wasn't pass interference, not even close. As I said above, on the skip pass to Cobb, Rodgers was sacked the next play, and after that, completed a 31 yard pass to put them in FG range. The Cobb skip play ultimately had no impact.

The Cowboys were the victims of a bad call. Yet, they had 4:06 to recover, make a stop and get the ball back, and they didn't do it. Hell, even if the Bryant call is upheld, there's no guarantee they even win the game.

Staubacher

Reaction score

I'm not saying we didnt have ad plays, but the bad calls were a big factor

Plankton

Reaction score
I'm not saying we didnt have ad plays, but the bad calls were a big factor

If the Cowboys don't screw up the end of the first half, Murray protects the football on a play blocked well enough for a long touchdown run, and they actually make a defensive stop after the first possession of the second half, they would have won the game.

They didn't make the necessary plays. The refs had nothing to do with that.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Agreed but nobody plays a perfect playoff game vs a tough opponent. GB didn't. Take away one of their td passes and we win. They made mistakes too

Finally i'll agree our biggest issue is our defense and not enough stops in the second
Just stop. Seriously.

The pass to Williams wasn't pass interference, not even close. As I said above, on the skip pass to Cobb, Rodgers was sacked the next play, and after that, completed a 31 yard pass to put them in FG range. The Cobb skip play ultimately had no impact.

The Cowboys were the victims of a bad call. Yet, they had 4:06 to recover, make a stop and get the ball back, and they didn't do it. Hell, even if the Bryant call is upheld, there's no guarantee they even win the game.

I
If the Cowboys don't screw up the end of the first half, Murray protects the football on a play blocked well enough for a long touchdown run, and they actually make a defensive stop after the first possession of the second half, they would have won the game.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Just stop. Seriously.

Stop seriously? You stated that refs had no influence on that drive. Now your saying that skipped happened. So what is it?

Now the Bryant call was a bad call. Let the play stand and let Green Bay come from behind. Let them play for Christ sake. I'm not arguing because we lost. Im arguing that was a crucial play which the refs made a bad call. Refs has a big part in influencing this game. I don't know where you got that idea that they didn't.

Cowboysfan570

Reaction score

They didn't make many defensive stops in the second half because they were being blatantly held on consecutive plays and the refs refused to call a single one.

On one Rodgers TD pass a lineman has his hand inside the front collar of Mincey's jersey and is pulling him outside when he's about a foot away from a sack or blocked pass. On another there were multiple Cowboys tackled in the backfield and then a lineman dropped onto one of them to prevent him from getting back up. On multiple plays in the drive leading up to that there were holds on the left side of the line that kept defenders who were a few feet away at most from sacking Rodgers.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
at least it would have been decided on the field

Exactly. I wouldn't have minded so much if we lost if the Pack actually beat us. But let them actually beat us for crying out loud!

The fact that we lost the game on that BS call is still infuriating even now. I keep going back and watching it over and over again and then compare it with the Cobb "catch" that was upheld and there's no reason that should have been ruled a catch if Dez's was overturned.

I'm still in a state of disbelief that the season ended like that. And I'm still amazed with how many late hits that the Packers were able to get on Romo with no calls against them.

What a joke.