Twitter: Gerald McCoy (vegan) loss 20lbs

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's funny you take this stance on an older player at DT, but at QB you think don't think age matters and you like the older guy that would only be a stop gap.

Huh?

Every situation is different.

I think Hill and Gallimore have some ability but I’d really have to break my Pom Pom’s out to think they would be better than McCoy now.

Plus McCoy’s deal was cheap.

As far as I’m concerned we have 1 decent 3 tech and 2 guys that are unproven with upside.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh?

Every situation is different.

I think Hill and Gallimore have some ability but I’d really have to break my Pom Pom’s out to think they would be better than McCoy now.

Plus McCoy’s deal was cheap.

As far as I’m concerned we have 1 decent 3 tech and 2 guys that are unproven with upside.
But you were still saying you don't like the idea of relying on a guy who is aging and may not be effective too many more years, but you are okay with a QB who is aging and may not be effective too many more years. In that context the situations are very similar, but you treat them very different.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Gallimore is a classic 3 IMO.
Possibly. He is still pretty raw. I just hope no more trying to force players into positions that is clearly not best for their play style. Had enough of that with last coaching staff.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think we'll see an impressive resurgence from Mr. McCoy this year. He's been a good all-around DT in the past. Looks like he's planning on returning himself back into the "real McCoy" this year. Sounds just like music to mine ears . . . :D

phildadon86

Reaction score
No longer true, but like you, there are many people (including NFL teams) who still feel this way.

There are several NFL players who are vegans now. Nutritionists have come up with meal plans and vitamin supplements that make up for the deficiencies you are talking about.
There is a great documentary on vegetarian diets vs meat diets on Netflix. Can’t recall the name but they do blood tests on nfl players and one was vegan. He had more oxygenated blood than the vegetarian and the meat eater. Just throwing it out there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But you were still saying you don't like the idea of relying on a guy who is aging and may not be effective too many more years, but you are okay with a QB who is aging and may not be effective too many more years. In that context the situations are very similar, but you treat them very different.

Yeah.. Draft their replacements.

conner01

Reaction score
His 20 pound weight loss makes him faster to get to the QB. As long as he keeps his strengths, he will still be just as effective. Sometimes fatter is not better at DT. Still a lot of beef there to stop the run.
As he ages playing at a smaller weight seems logical
You tend to lose a step so to speak but dropping the weight may allow him to be as quick as he always has been

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah.. Draft their replacements.
For an older player, sure, but Dak isn't an older player. And history proves draft picks carry a lot more uncertainty than a veteran, which is why a combination of youth, and being a veteran, is valuable.

conner01

Reaction score
Is Rod Marinelli still here as D-Coordinator or did I miss something? Why would McCoy be allowed to become a vegan and lose so much weight?
:huh:
He had gained weight last year
He’s just under his normal playing weight
As for being vegan a team can’t really control what you eat

johneric8

Reaction score
Quit stressing guys! McCoy will have plenty of time to balloon back up before the season! He is still pretty girthy, won't take too many panchos buffet's to get him back to bloat status.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Bottom line is we need a young player to step up. McCoy is nothing more than a stop gap.

He's a name that has seen better days as a player. He might give us a good year and he might not. Either way we need Hill or Gallimore to come on strong.
Wouldn't it be special if we finally discovered our next Leon Lett.
Gallimore.. step on up big boy!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't it be special if we finally discovered our next Leon Lett.
Gallimore.. step on up big boy!
You don't think the Cowboys already have players with talent and substance abuse problems?

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Vegan food loos like something I already ate and passed.. Ribs, potato salad and a neopolitan sundae please.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For an older player, sure, but Dak isn't an older player. And history proves draft picks carry a lot more uncertainty than a veteran, which is why a combination of youth, and being a veteran, is valuable.

Dak has a financial problem attached to him.