Get Cousins at all costs!

GenoT

Reaction score
We need to forget the Kirk Cousins fantasy for a minute and focus on the fact that we have serious depth issues at key positions. Without T Smith, Zeke and S Lee, we were an 0-3 mess, losing games by an average of @27-11 or so.

Unless proved differently, simply losing the always injury-risky Lee — ONE PLAYER!? — causes our entire D to go in the tank.

Swapping out QBs right now, while giving up on, say, Zack, D-Law and Dez, we’d be just a T Smith back tweak or a Lee hammy pull away from 5-11 or worse.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Cousins doesn't need anybody, the Commanders lost their entire starting O line, and he still played us tough.

Could you imagine what we would play like without Tyron, Ftederick, Martin, and Collins? :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

They played us missing 4 starting olinemen

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Imagine the excuses for Dak if he had to play with an OL that has like 20 different starting line ups because of injuries and their best OL out for games..

Talk about excuses when Smith was out..

Commanders FO has been a disaster since they fired the best thing going for them, their GM, because of Bruce Allen.. I live in the area and Commanders fans are not happy..
Let's not act like Cousins was an elite QB before his OL got injuries. Dak is 4-0 against Cousins, might as well call Dak his daddy.

What's so funny is people want to make excuses for Cousins, Wentz, Romo etc. But when it comes to Dak the man doesn't even get a chance to develop. It's all good fault and nobody is too blame.

I wanted Commanders to keep Cousins cause he isn't good

Londonboy

Reaction score
It would be a MAJOR upgrade a upgrade that we will wish we went for after we reach the boiling point with Dak failing weekly at QB.....sorry guys but he's out there now after his dismal showing last season and its getting to get real ugly come this coming season when our fans will be screaming for his head!!!! Save this post and like Spock said.....Remember....!!!
I Don't drink bud but anyway can you tell me did we make the playoffs? Nope as we were playoff bound at 5-3 after beating a good Chiefs team and then Zeke went out and Dak's swan song the next 3 games was a dismal 3 str8 losses (Embarrassing loses) with 15 Quarters of offense with 1 rushing TD!
We end up at 6-6 and sat home for the playoffs! Dak is solely responsible we went from contenders to pretenders!

Hey some of you think this kid is our answer at QB....GL with that!!!!:omg: I hope I'm proven wrong!!!!!

Cousins behind our offline and Zeke and Dez man can you say TD!!!!!
But You specifically said get rid of Dez and Zach to give all the money to Cousins, so He wouldn't be playing with Our OL or Dez.
If You're right and Dak isn't the answer, it doesn't mean that gutting the team to over-pay for an average QB is the solution.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The comment regarding the throwaway season is admittedly, my opinion. He's not the worst QB in the league but I don't see anything worth building off of. I also don't see him being able to transform himself so that he can start making throws he hasn't already been able to regularly make. So for me to see a big jump with the team next year would mean that we would have to make moves to make it significantly better and I don't see that happening.....this is why I consider it a throwaway season.
I respect your opinion. I just feel it's a little early. he was outstanding his first season. Last season brought many obstacles. It's worth to give it another year.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
What a dumb thread.
Dak Prescott in a run first offense
PASSING
Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
2017 Dallas Cowboys 16 490 308 62.9 30.6 3,324 6.8 207.8 22 4.5 13 2.7 81T 34 8 32 185 86.6
2016 Dallas Cowboys 16 459 311 67.8 28.7 3,667 8.0 229.2 23 5.0 4 0.9 83T 38 8 25 143 104.9
with 12 rushing TDs in 2 years.

Kirk Cousins in an offense relying completely on his arm.
PASSING
Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
2017 Washington Commanders 16 540 347 64.3 33.8 4,093 7.6 255.8 27 5.0 13 2.4 74 59 9 41 342 93.9
2016 Washington Commanders 16 606 406 67.0 37.9 4,917 8.1 307.3 25 4.1 12 2.0 80T 69 13 23 190 97.2
with 8 rushing TDs in 2 years.

Even with Daks down year he still had very comparable stats. Their QBR's are almost identical too over the past 2 years. Kirk having more yards is a direct result of more attempts in an offense relying on his arm talent.
DAK is also a second year QB imagine if he has 6 years to develop.

Anybody saying we should break the bank for a minor upgrade is absolutely a re re.

Last edited:

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
What a dumb thread.
Dak Prescott in a run first offense
PASSING
2017 Dallas Cowboys 16 490 308 62.9 30.6 3,324 6.8 207.8 22 4.5 13 2.7 81T 34 8 32 185 86.6
2016 Dallas Cowboys 16 459 311 67.8 28.7 3,667 8.0 229.2 23 5.0 4 0.9 83T 38 8 25 143 104.9
with 12 rushing TDs in 2 years.

Kirk Cousins in an offense relying completely on his arm.
PASSING
2017 Washington Commanders 16 540 347 64.3 33.8 4,093 7.6 255.8 27 5.0 13 2.4 74 59 9 41 342 93.9
2016 Washington Commanders 16 606 406 67.0 37.9 4,917 8.1 307.3 25 4.1 12 2.0 80T 69 13 23 190 97.2
with 8 rushing TDs in 2 years.

Even with Daks down year he still had very comparable stats. Their QBR's are almost identical too over the past 2 years. Kirk having more yards is a direct result of more attempts in an offense relying on his arm talent.

Anybody saying we should break the bank for a minor upgrade is absolutely a re re.
Dang I like that 5000 yds passing from Kirk Geeez I didn't know he had that in him. Crazy

Reactions: CWR

khiladi

Reaction score
Let's not act like Cousins was an elite QB before his OL got injuries. Dak is 4-0 against Cousins, might as well call Dak his daddy.

What's so funny is people want to make excuses for Cousins, Wentz, Romo etc. But when it comes to Dak the man doesn't even get a chance to develop. It's all good fault and nobody is too blame.

Actually, all the excuses revolve around Dak.. Dak was awful against the Commanders without any supporting cast.. the ironic thing is it took a “broken” hand for us to move the ball, because then Dallas was basically forced to run and the OL completely dominated a battered Commanders defense in the bottom 25 in the league..

Dak was probably even too scared to let Rush play for him considering how much he sucked this year.. couldn’t even give him reps against the third string Eagles..

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Everybody gets one excuse after another. Heard it for years with Romo but Dak can't even get one more year.

condoin125

Reaction score
yet your comparing one QB to the other...why bother if they dont play each other?
Dak has QB'd this team to 22 wins.
and went 4-0 v your guy....but guess those dont count.....then why all your angst over QBs if they dont matter?

QBs are judged by wins and championships.
always have been.
always will be.
QBs are also judged v other QBs.....like you did in your post....always have been.
always will be.
Now you're questioning me comparing the two players because they don't play head to head? Welcome to sports....the only head to head matchups you're referring to come in basketball and hockey (I assume? I don't know that sport). Outside of those you're making comparisons between guys that don't play each other. Anyone trying to make a comparison of two players by how their teams (46 different players) performed vs each other is ********.

You can say "QBs are judged on wins and championships" all you want but we both know that you didn't come up with that....you heard some other fool say it and now repeat it as if it's gospel. Repeating that statement makes it sound as if it's a law we're all bound to when in reality, a healthy bit of analysis erases any need to use such a simplistic way of judging a QB in the NFL. QBs should be judged with how well they're performing their jobs on the field and to an extent, how they carry themselves off the field. Front offices and coaching staffs should be judged on wins and championships.

-22-10 as a starter
-4-0 vs Cousins
-8 division wins in 2 years
-a poised winner!
Dak is basically a lucky rabbits foot for those spouting these things. "I don't know how, I don't know why and don't ask me to explain it, but Dak is the winning QB this team has needed and he'll take us to the promised land!" You assume that because the team won 22 games in his two years of starting, that he must be the reason for those said wins. This is what's known as a questionable cause logical fallacy; cum hoc ergo propter hoc.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
i want the qb that reminds me most of Tony Romo

I want to he ball thrown down field with velocity and determination. No dink dink dunk duk dink dink duk

Power baby. And I mean Throw w power.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hey Jerry how about you go out and get Cousins and give us a Franchise QB who's got all the talent necessary to take this Team along with Zeke and our offline to the Superbowl! Without a quality QB teams go nowhere (unless they have the 2000 Ravens def) and waiting for Dak to become a Cousins might take forever or simply never happen!

Jerry probably won't so our troubles at QB will continue and continue and continue!!!
Back to sleep.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Dang I like that 5000 yds passing from Kirk Geeez I didn't know he had that in him. Crazy

Yeah only took 606 attempts to get there. If Prescott had that many attempts he'd be close to having those same yards. This is what you're not getting....we're a run first team. Prescott will NEVER even come close to sniffing 600+ attempts in a season.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Yeah only took 606 attempts to get there. If Prescott had that many attempts he'd be close to having those same yards. This is what you're not getting....we're a run first team. Prescott will NEVER even come close to sniffing 600+ attempts in a season.
I love it...get those yds baby. Let's go deep and let's go often. Strike like a fighter jet not like a air balloon

cowboyec

Reaction score
Now you're questioning me comparing the two players because they don't play head to head? Welcome to sports....the only head to head matchups you're referring to come in basketball and hockey (I assume? I don't know that sport). Outside of those you're making comparisons between guys that don't play each other. Anyone trying to make a comparison of two players by how their teams (46 different players) performed vs each other is ********.

You can say "QBs are judged on wins and championships" all you want but we both know that you didn't come up with that....you heard some other fool say it and now repeat it as if it's gospel. Repeating that statement makes it sound as if it's a law we're all bound to when in reality, a healthy bit of analysis erases any need to use such a simplistic way of judging a QB in the NFL. QBs should be judged with how well they're performing their jobs on the field and to extent, how they carry themselves off the field. Front offices and coaching staffs should be judged on wins and championships.

-22-10 as a starter
-4-0 vs Cousins
-8 division wins in 2 years
-a poised winner!
Dak is basically the lucky rabbits foot for those spouting these things. "I don't know how, I don't know why and don't ask me to explain it, but Dak is the winning QB this team has needed and he'll take us to the promised land!" You assume that because the team won 22 games in his two years of starting, that he must be the reason for those said wins. This is what's known as a questionable cause logical fallacy; cum hoc ergo propter hoc.
so Dak is NOT the reason when they win....but IS the reason when they lose....or aren't in the Super Bowl...got it.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Hey Jerry how about you go out and get Cousins and give us a Franchise QB who's got all the talent necessary to take this Team along with Zeke and our offline to the Superbowl! Without a quality QB teams go nowhere (unless they have the 2000 Ravens def) and waiting for Dak to become a Cousins might take forever or simply never happen!

Jerry probably won't so our troubles at QB will continue and continue and continue!!!

The trade the Chiefs and Commanders made was Alex Smith for Kirk Cousins