Get Cousins at all costs!

khiladi

Reaction score
I think he’s a little over-rated and he definitely doesn’t fit this offense. He tends to make mistakes In the red-zone. He is way better than Dak though and can launch the ball.

I think he’s headed to Denver though.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Friends don't let friends drink and post.......

I Don't drink bud but anyway can you tell me did we make the playoffs? Nope as we were playoff bound at 5-3 after beating a good Chiefs team and then Zeke went out and Dak's swan song the next 3 games was a dismal 3 str8 losses (Embarrassing loses) with 15 Quarters of offense with 1 rushing TD!
We end up at 6-6 and sat home for the playoffs! Dak is solely responsible we went from contenders to pretenders!

Hey some of you think this kid is our answer at QB....GL with that!!!!:omg: I hope I'm proven wrong!!!!!

Cousins behind our offline and Zeke and Dez man can you say TD!!!!!

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I'm certain that they are riding with Dak this year.

His 3rd year will let us know what he is, for better or worse.

here's hoping it's very good
Yes sir....we will know everything we need to know this season

khiladi

Reaction score
IMO the bargain and the guy to get in all of this was Smith. He and Cousins are about equal talents and he cost a lot less. Now some team is likely going to pay a lot more for Cousins than the Skins paid for Smith. There is a good chance that whoever signs Cousins was one move too late.

Skins gave up a third and their best corner last year who was a rookie..

Wasn’t really cheaper..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Dak fan boys are broken records...the only thing they can use as a defense for him is something he has no claim to....a W/L record. QBs don't win games and they don't face each other....this is just common sense that shouldn't have to be explained to you over and over.

Cousins is much better than Dak and played for a franchise that makes our dysfunction seem like nothing.

Those claiming that even the Skins don't want him: false. They know they screwed the pooch with him and he was on his way out so they got desperate and made this god awful trade with KC. They would have been better off letting Cousins go and doing nothing. What's worse is that they paid Cousins a ton of cash on the tag for two straight years and literally got nothing long term out of it; would have been better off letting him go earlier or trading him. For all of our front office's faults, Washington remains the joke of the division. Good for Cousins on seeing himself out of that dumpster fire.

But as others have mentioned, we can't afford him. Dak will start next season which basically makes 2018 a throwaway year and hopefully the front office can find a prospect worth a damn in 2019.
I think it's unrealistic to prop Cousins up and chop Dak down. That is if we're comparing both situations fairly.
I think Cousins developed into a pretty good QB and he was on decent but not great offenses. But it took him into his 4th season to play 16 games so to suggest Dak will start next season that will be a throw away year is silly at best.

cowboyec

Reaction score
The Dak fan boys are broken records...the only thing they can use as a defense for him is something he has no claim to....a W/L record. QBs don't win games and they don't face each other....this is just common sense that shouldn't have to be explained to you over and over.

Cousins is much better than Dak and played for a franchise that makes our dysfunction seem like nothing.

Those claiming that even the Skins don't want him: false. They know they screwed the pooch with him and he was on his way out so they got desperate and made this god awful trade with KC. They would have been better off letting Cousins go and doing nothing. What's worse is that they paid Cousins a ton of cash on the tag for two straight years and literally got nothing long term out of it; would have been better off letting him go earlier or trading him. For all of our front office's faults, Washington remains the joke of the division. Good for Cousins on seeing himself out of that dumpster fire.

But as others have mentioned, we can't afford him. Dak will start next season which basically makes 2018 a throwaway year and hopefully the front office can find a prospect worth a damn in 2019.
yet your comparing one QB to the other...why bother if they dont play each other?
Dak has QB'd this team to 22 wins.
and went 4-0 v your guy....but guess those dont count.....then why all your angst over QBs if they dont matter?

QBs are judged by wins and championships.
always have been.
always will be.
QBs are also judged v other QBs.....like you did in your post....always have been.
always will be.

CWR

Reaction score
Sorry dude hes not 25 mil a year better than Dak he will command at least that and Dak makes 800k and cousins couldn’t even beat us his record is horrible against us..hes 6 year guy with talent for sure..give Dak his 4 years ..btw as bad as Dak played his numbers still were good enough to mirror Derek Carr’s and Carr was in the fn pro bowl.. can we stop the knee jerk reactions..cousins to come in and compete for that money what reality are you living in if you bring guy like him. In hes aday one starter,,he IS NOT THAT MUCH BETTER THAN DAK,,SLIGHT UPGRADE MAYBE BUT AGAIN NOT AT THE PRIE TAG..THATS INSANITY..

Im not im favor of paying Cousins a contract with massive guarantees like the skins did with Smith either.

As far as how much of an ugrade he is over Dak it will depend on which Dak we get. The Dak for the second half of last year was awful. Hopefully hes better then that and closer to his rookie season.

Lets not measure talent by who got in the pro-bowl either. Its a poor way to do so, too often players get in because of the name on thier jersey rather than the season they had.

condoin125

Reaction score
I think it's unrealistic to prop Cousins up and chop Dak down. That is if we're comparing both situations fairly.
I think Cousins developed into a pretty good QB and he was on decent but not great offenses. But it took him into his 4th season to play 16 games so to suggest Dak will start next season that will be a throw away year is silly at best.
The comment regarding the throwaway season is admittedly, my opinion. He's not the worst QB in the league but I don't see anything worth building off of. I also don't see him being able to transform himself so that he can start making throws he hasn't already been able to regularly make. So for me to see a big jump with the team next year would mean that we would have to make moves to make it significantly better and I don't see that happening.....this is why I consider it a throwaway season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Commanders relied on Kirk’s arm, while the team was a disaster on both sides of the ball. Battered by injuries and no WR help.

We had guys on here saying you have to make it easy for Dak and not rely on his arm as much, especially with Smith being out.

It’s comical people think the two are on the same class. It’s not even close.

Kirk does not hesitate throwing guys open or acting like a coward, because he’s scared to throw an INT downfield when there is a window.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the good Dak went 2-0 v cousins.
the bad Dak went 2-0 v cousins.
I'll take Dak....and a up-grade at OG.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I think he’s a little over-rated and he definitely doesn’t fit this offense. He tends to make mistakes In the red-zone. He is way better than Dak though and can launch the ball.

I think he’s headed to Denver though.
That's a really fair assessment. I agree

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Commanders relied on Kirk’s arm, while the team was a disaster on both sides of the ball. Battered by injuries and no WR help.

We had guys on here saying you have to make it easy for Dak and not rely on his arm as much, especially with Smith being out.

It’s comical people think the two are on the same class. It’s not even close.

Kirk does not hesitate throwing guys open or acting like a coward, because he’s scared to throw an INT downfield when there is a window.
Not even. They are in different levels