Get Ready for Deeuuuuuuuuuce!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So what...That's what being a fan is all about. Everyone, most people, pick a player and pull for him to do well, especially on their favorite team. Why it bothers you that many are saying he's going to be good is beyond me. We have no clue how good he will be, he may not be good enough for the NFL but, believe it or not, i don't think his size will be the determining factor. The guy is short but he's still pretty thick and big for his height. Its just fun to see the short guys come in and be a factor, kind of like Turpin did. When people put Deuce in the same conversation as Sproles and some of the greats i wouldn't let it bother me if i were you....
I agree. I hate when fans tell other fans to stop being a fan. People are excited let them be lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Is somewhere between a Derrick Henry and Dave Meggett an acceptable comparison standard?
Darren Sproles is an acceptable comparison. That’s the player he compares to but fans here like going way overboard comparing him to all-time great RBs.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Duece can carry the rock for 15 to 20 touches a game he has shown that in NCAA
Duece nor any other NCAA back EVER played against NFL players before actually playing in the NFL (Shocker)
All the defenders they will see in the NFL came from the same college ranks that he rushed for top yardage against in the NCAA (2nd Shocker)
None of this garuntees he will be a HOF back
Lastly Duece is short not small why is this so hard to grasp.....

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
We haven't won a Super Bowl since the days of Moose Johnston. Remember him? Every time he would get the ball, the crowd would roar "Moooooooose," which just seemed demoralizing for the opposition.

Now, we have Deeuuuuuuuuce in our backfield, and you don't think the crown will adapt the old Moose call to fit Deuece's name?

Man, I can't wait for football season.

The more tape I watch on Deuece, the more I know we'll be just fine at RB. He's just one piece of the puzzle, but this is going to be a solid team, ladies and gents. Get ready Cowboy fans, the doom and gloom days are almost over.
Not if we re sign Zeke, at this point Zeke if we re sign should be used exclusively a short yardage back or a surprise element. His receving is abysmal .
Pollard , Deuce should have most of the carries and catches.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Ok, but would you say he’s a better prospect than Bijan Robinson?
I'd say it's possible. How likely is the question.

Without naming a specific player or team, what is the usual destination of a RB drafted in the 6th round?
Terrell Davis.

I'm in the Deuce Skeptic Camp, but I don't think people give him enough credit for his receiving.
Looks like the most natural receiver of our gadget backs going back a decade.
It's being a dual threat that will get him on the field.
I keep trying to talk about his receiving abilities. But only a few will listen.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If any thing , he’s TPollard version 2.

Speed. Can’t block. Small frame.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To be used often as a runner in the backfield he’s going have to make a lot of plays. Even with all the big plays Pollard was making it took time for him to get enough carries to satisfy fans. If Vaughn starts jitterbugging around a lot and can’t get past the scrimmage when given an opportunity he won’t get many carries. He’s going to have to pop some runs early on.
I’m enjoying it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Duece can carry the rock for 15 to 20 touches a game he has shown that in NCAA
Duece nor any other NCAA back EVER played against NFL players before actually playing in the NFL (Shocker)
All the defenders they will see in the NFL came from the same college ranks that he rushed for top yardage against in the NCAA (2nd Shocker)
None of this garuntees he will be a HOF back
Lastly Duece is short not small why is this so hard to grasp.....
The NFL is a lot different than the NCAA. He’s not going to get 15 -20 touches. Pollard only have five games last season where he had 15+ touches. A back that’s 5‘,5“ 180 pounds is small in the NFL. His size is the main reason he got drafted so low.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
If any thing , he’s TPollard version 2.

Speed. Can’t block. Small frame.
Pollard is much faster, hes 6'0 and 215.

The only thing the two have in common is that they are both currently on the roster.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The NFL is a lot different than the NCAA. He’s not going to get 15 -20 touches. Pollard only have five games last season where he had 15+ touches. A back that’s 5‘,5“ 180 pounds is small in the NFL. His size is the main reason he got drafted so low.
TP will get the carries this year with no Zeke, Duece will get TP's touches from last year, his size has to do with body mass again he is short not small if he was 5.5 and 215 he would be well overweight....

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
TP will get the carries this year with no Zeke, Duece will get TP's touches from last year, his size has to do with body mass again he is short not small if he was 5.5 and 215 he would be well overweight....
If Pollard takes over the role Zeke had and Vaughn takes over the role Pollard had our running game is going to struggle. I don’t see it playing out that way. We need a big, powerful back to help soften up the defense and pick up those tough yards between the tackles. Pollard may get more carries but no way do I see Vaughn as our second back. Say what you will but 180 pounds for an RB is small.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
F = m x a

Its basic physics.

And he is 5'5 175. He will never be taller and most likely not much heavier. Ever. No matter how much you WISH he was.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If Pollard takes over the role Zeke had and Vaughn takes over the role Pollard had our running game is going to struggle. I don’t see it playing out that way. We need a big, powerful back to help soften up the defense and pick up those tough yards between the tackles. Pollard may get more carries but no way do I see Vaughn as our second back. Say what you will but 180 pounds for an RB is small.
I dont get this forums facination with "Short yardage back" TP did not struggle to pick up yards, if we need a yard do the philly special Dak is plenty big enough. Duece has carried the load at every level he has played, all the actual things that have happened lean well more to him being able to than not being able to.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
F = m x a

Its basic physics.

And he is 5'5 175. He will never be taller and most likely not much heavier. Ever. No matter how much you WISH he was.
lol I dont wish anything, and it is physics mass per inch what sinks faster a tiny rock or a huge cruise ship? like you said basic physics...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I dont get this forums facination with "Short yardage back" TP did not struggle to pick up yards, if we need a yard do the philly special Dak is plenty big enough. Duece has carried the load at every level he has played, all the actual things that have happened lean well more to him being able to than not being able to.
Pollard has had some issues in short yardage situations. We lost a huge game in Philly several years ago with a playoff berth on the line because he couldn’t pick up a third and one. He ended up taking a loss and we had to punt. He’s had the benefit of Zeke pounding at the defense to start games. It made for a good one to punch at RB. We’ve had some issues trying to punch the ball into the endzone at times from a few yards out. In the opener last season Pollard had 6 carries for 8 yards. In our final two regular season games last season he averaged under 3 yards a carry. There’s been games where if he doesn’t break a long run his average is under 4.0 a carry. You have to remember he’s coming off a serious injury that he’s been rehabbing for months. There’s no guarantees he returns to form.