Get ready for epic ref cheating

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You keep tripping down the primrose path my friend. I don’t care what your personal life philosophy is; no holding call for Micah Parsons is not as you put it .. “nonsense.”
you and I agree on a lot more than we disagree on friend, I just don't subscribe to the theory that the refs are "out to get us".

Somewhere, there's a Packer fan on some forum complaining that they have no shot this week because Zack Martin has only had one holding penalty in the last two seasons.
Happy New Year bro

wssaustin

Reaction score
i got PTSD from that dez catch
Not just that, there were a couple of catches by Randel et. al. where the ball hit the ground first but the refs decided to look sideways.
And, the DeMarco Murry fumble.
We had to beat opponents, refs, and ourselves to win a playoff game.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Read my response my friend. Are you the “keyboard warrior“ I referred to - the one who will refuse to hear someone who’s actually seen it played out? Hey, you do you :):rolleyes:
I read your response. But unless you're willing to go on record with more than just "unspoken" stuff rather than hardcore, "they leaned on us to influence games" then it's no more clear than the other haze being spouted as "proof."

So let me ask you directly: were there higher up forces that outright told you to go easy on or go harder on one team over another due to some perceived agenda? Because we have posters on here who have also reffed games and their report is that action moves too fast to even think about an agenda and they just do the best they can so they don't get called out for errors. So were you asked to do things other than your stated job to influence games?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I officiated D1 NCAA hoops for 11 seasons and I KNOW what goes on in officials’ locker rooms. The nuance and things “unspoken” by league/conference administrators and TV executives is massive. I actually stopped officiating due to the prevalence of this “interference“ at the sport’s highest levels. You have to understand that these gigs at D1 and pro levels are plum jobs. The pay is excellent and you are treated very well with regard to expenses and perks. There is much competition for each spot and guys will do whatever they’re told to maintain their position for the most part. Every now and then, a guy will just get sick of it and put it down - that’s what I did.

Anyone who honestly believes these things are on the straight up and up, strictly determined by athletic effort on the court or field is naive or disingenuous. There are too many huge egos in play and entirely too much money on the line to simply leave it up to actual performance .

Now watch - someone will answer this post saying I’m wrong or lying or whatever else keyboard warriors are prone to do .. even though they’ve never officiated beyond a Pee Wee Pop Warner level.

On a brighter note, the most cleanly called sport is baseball by far. It isn’t nearly as subjective as hoops or football and the official can’t “hide”, lost in the chaos of the play. Plus, those guys, many of whom I know, actually want to get it right for the most part - with the exception of some strike zones which are questionable. But, those inadequacies stay and travel with the individual and is generally bad for both teams equally.

So, knowing this and feeling like I do, why do I watch sports at these levels? Because athletics is a beautiful part of the human existence and it is something around which to gather with family and friends. I became a Cowboy fan when I was 11 back in 1965 and passed the “affliction” along to my son - who is an NCAA D1 umpire himself. We have a lot of fun with it but, it is not what everyone thinks it is.

Sorry for the sermon - but you did ask
The people who believe sports is 100% legit are either being purposely ignorant to not ruin the "competitive aspect" or they hate being "tin foils" so pump their chest about how they don't buy into that junk and anyone who does "iz a big moron!!111".

Refs absolutely have agendas that come from higher up. It obviously isn't their own agenda. They call the game as they are told. I believe Vegas is a big component of how a game gets called. Refs are the easiest aspect to influence a game, especially in basketball and football.

Sports is just entertainment like WWF. I watch sports to be entertained but it's not hard to see if a game is being called fairly. It's actually extremely obvious.

And people always talk about the final penalty numbers to how fair or unfair a game was called. This is just a simpleton approach. Need to dive deeper and look at exactly the situation those calls were made. Tons of make up calls when a game is out of hand to even out the calls on paper. Also, non-calls are just as bad if not worse. I see our opponents get away with holding all game long but we get called for ticky tack junk. For decades now,.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Not just that, there were a couple of catches by Randel et. al. where the ball hit the ground first but the refs decided to look sideways.
And, the DeMarco Murry fumble.
We had to beat opponents, refs, and ourselves to win a playoff game.
Demarco had a TD on that play if Peppers doesn’t cause the fumble. It was a clear path to the end zone.

CWR

Reaction score
Yeah but you have to admit you couldn't have wrote a better story for the NFC I mean literally Matthew Stafford and the Rams are going to visit Jared Goff in the lions I mean isn't that a story and now Mike McCarthy has to face his old team in the Green Bay Packers here in the Dallas Cowboys once again have to meet the Packers for the third time in the playoffs in recent history...

So earning home field advantage I'm hoping that changes things
This is my dream match up for round 1. I can NOT wait to end their season. So tired of them puffing their chest out around Cowboy fans. I plan for revenge and nothing less.

CWR

Reaction score
Demarco had a TD on that play if Peppers doesn’t cause the fumble. It was a clear path to the end zone.
Would have been game time too. We were about to open up a can on them and Murray crapped himself.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Two seed hosting the seven seed and a QB in his first playoff game.

Spare me any excuses. Win the damn game and move on. Enough.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GB is one of Goddell’s favorites. I fully expect we will have to beat them and the zebras next week. They won’t even try to hide how biased it’s going to be.
Refs have been pushing the Cowboys all season long.
Why change now expect more drive-saving calls as they owe the old man one more SB and the ratings are through the roof.
Cowboys!!!!

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
de.0.jpg
We have now their head coach, I guess that will help.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This is my dream match up for round 1. I can NOT wait to end their season. So tired of them puffing their chest out around Cowboy fans. I plan for revenge and nothing less.
right and i mean even have to add in that there's some story lines that i mentioned plus Hill going back to face KC..i mean it feels scripted all the story lines for week one of the playoffs. Crazy stuff.

Reactions: CWR

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
if green bay brings their best and dallas brings their best then dallas wins 31-17

issue is this is playoff dallas and they very well could lose
Referees should bring their best.
But as we have seen. They won't be up for the challenge.

IceBowler

Reaction score
you and I agree on a lot more than we disagree on friend, I just don't subscribe to the theory that the refs are "out to get us".

Somewhere, there's a Packer fan on some forum complaining that they have no shot this week because Zack Martin has only had one holding penalty in the last two seasons.
Happy New Year bro
You as well ..