Get ready for epic ref cheating

catiii

Reaction score
de.0.jpg
Biggest crooked rip-off in NFL history.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And they have put themselves in a "can't lose" position.

If we lose, "see I told you so, we got screwed etc"

If we win "our team is unbeatable, we overcame the Packers and the cheating refs"

Either way that have their bases covered with this nonsense.
Not buying your reasons...one either respects the game or he doesn't. Results always come and go, ask Philadelphia.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
One thing I know is for sure, the consecutive quarters without a hold called in favor of Micah will continue through the Green Bay game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So let me get this straight: Your take is that with the whole world watching and the leagues number one viewer ratings team playing at home, the refs are going to steal this game? No sale. And BTW the Cowboys should win this game big enough to withstand a bad call or two.
they could make a controversial call, like the one they did against the bears, with 3 inches to go, gave them a first down. after the fact we can all complain, scream, but the game is done, opportunity lost. so yeah, it could happen.

Mannix

Reaction score
Especially when the same ref and replay team upheld Cobb's "catch" in the first half that clearly hit the ground. That game was fixed.
For nine (9) years now, I thought that I was the only one who saw that clear drop...it was on 3rd down and allowed them to go down and score a TD before half....it was a major moment in the game never talked about, and the announcers made ZERO mention of it at the time. I was more livid over that moment than even the Dez catch at the end.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
For nine (9) years now, I thought that I was the only one who saw that clear drop...it was on 3rd down and allowed them to go down and score a TD before half....it was a major moment in the game never talked about, and the announcers made ZERO mention of it at the time. I was more livid over that moment than even the Dez catch at the end.
Post in thread '***Cowboys vs 49ers Pre Game Thread***' https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-vs-49ers-pre-game-thread.514994/post-12995736

IceBowler

Reaction score
Wouldn’t that be “crooked”? Do the NFL game officials, in your opinion, work hard to call the game fairly or follow direction from the league office to create a predetermined outcome? Just your opinion. Not looking for proof. Be honest. What is your opinion?
I officiated D1 NCAA hoops for 11 seasons and I KNOW what goes on in officials’ locker rooms. The nuance and things “unspoken” by league/conference administrators and TV executives is massive. I actually stopped officiating due to the prevalence of this “interference“ at the sport’s highest levels. You have to understand that these gigs at D1 and pro levels are plum jobs. The pay is excellent and you are treated very well with regard to expenses and perks. There is much competition for each spot and guys will do whatever they’re told to maintain their position for the most part. Every now and then, a guy will just get sick of it and put it down - that’s what I did.

Anyone who honestly believes these things are on the straight up and up, strictly determined by athletic effort on the court or field is naive or disingenuous. There are too many huge egos in play and entirely too much money on the line to simply leave it up to actual performance .

Now watch - someone will answer this post saying I’m wrong or lying or whatever else keyboard warriors are prone to do .. even though they’ve never officiated beyond a Pee Wee Pop Warner level.

On a brighter note, the most cleanly called sport is baseball by far. It isn’t nearly as subjective as hoops or football and the official can’t “hide”, lost in the chaos of the play. Plus, those guys, many of whom I know, actually want to get it right for the most part - with the exception of some strike zones which are questionable. But, those inadequacies stay and travel with the individual and is generally bad for both teams equally.

So, knowing this and feeling like I do, why do I watch sports at these levels? Because athletics is a beautiful part of the human existence and it is something around which to gather with family and friends. I became a Cowboy fan when I was 11 back in 1965 and passed the “affliction” along to my son - who is an NCAA D1 umpire himself. We have a lot of fun with it but, it is not what everyone thinks it is.

Sorry for the sermon - but you did ask

Last edited:

morat1959

Reaction score
By all means, let’s start making the built in excuses if we lose. Some in our fan base are pathetic.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wouldn’t that be “crooked”? Do the NFL game officials, in your opinion, work hard to call the game fairly or follow direction from the league office to create a predetermined outcome? Just your opinion. Not looking for proof.
Good. Because you sure as hell ain't ever getting it. Lol.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Just imagine someone catching it, the refs on the field, say it's a catch fumble, then New York replay
says it's not a catch, then years later they admit it was a catch! HAHAHAHAHAHAAH OMG
The only way a play is overturned is conclusive evidence! Yet this was maliciously overturned.
Do I need to remind again the 14 penalties against them in the playoffs against the niners!

SB or REFS!

Creeper

Reaction score
It seems to me the refs try not to throw too many flags in the playoffs when so many people are watching.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Just imagine someone catching it, the refs on the field, say it's a catch fumble, then New York replay
says it's not a catch, then years later they admit it was a catch! HAHAHAHAHAHAAH OMG
I hope you aren't referring to the Dez no catch because there was never an admission that the way the rule was administered in that game was done incorrectly. They changed the rule later and stated that if the new rule had been in effect back in the past then that would have been a catch back then, but wasn't then.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
It seems to me the refs try not to throw too many flags in the playoffs when so many people are watching.
But on highly-rated Thanksgiving Day games they don't give a crap with so many people watching? Lol.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Good. Because you sure as hell ain't ever getting it. Lol.
Read my response my friend. Are you the “keyboard warrior“ I referred to - the one who will refuse to hear someone who’s actually seen it played out? Hey, you do you :):rolleyes:

aikemirv

Reaction score
I just want to know what can be reviewed in the NFL quick booth review policy. They said last night they could review whether a player was in a "in-eligible man downfield position" last night. That was a bit shocking to me. Is this why we are seeing a lot of flags picked up these days, NY reviewing stuff we do not even know about?

IceBowler

Reaction score
And they have put themselves in a "can't lose" position.

If we lose, "see I told you so, we got screwed etc"

If we win "our team is unbeatable, we overcame the Packers and the cheating refs"

Either way that have their bases covered with this nonsense.
You keep tripping down the primrose path my friend. I don’t care what your personal life philosophy is; no holding call for Micah Parsons is not as you put it .. “nonsense.”

aikemirv

Reaction score
The crew yesterday was a breath of fresh air. These crews that throw flags all day make the game hard to watch!