Getcha Popcorn Ready

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
  • A very cap friendly deal...
  • Still loads better than Wince...
  • Leaves us room to sign one maybe 2 impact FAs this year..

Man oh man. Is your popcorn ready yet?

I told you Dak was better than Wince. I also told you Dak was our future.

giphy.gif

But this isn't about I told you so's...

This is about popcorn! That hot buttery golden salty treat that just leave you feeling oh so satisfied... Kinda the way I feel when Dak is in the driver's seat.

Get ready for the Dallas Cowboys to bring a championship to town within the next four years. It's happening folks. Brace yourselves for one incredible ride!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score

giphy.gif

This is about popcorn! That hot buttery golden salty treat that just leave you feeling oh so satisfied... Kinda the way I feel when Dak is in the driver's seat.

Get ready for the Dallas Cowboys to bring a championship to town within the next four years. It's happening folks. Brace yourselves for one incredible ride!

giphy.gif
:dance::dance::dance:

ShortRound

Reaction score

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I usually just stare at your avatar...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
When Dak is on the field I get a sense that anything is possible.

Jipper

Reaction score

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

while I am glad we signed dak, outside of 2021 how is this a “very cap friendly deal” exactly? Sounds to me like it’s kinda the opposite and removes any chance of trading him if for some reason he flamed out.

Not saying I didn’t want to see dak sign but I don’t see that the cowboys for any type of deal out of it

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
while I am glad we signed dak, outside of 2021 how is this a “very cap friendly deal” exactly? Sounds to me like it’s kinda the opposite and removes any chance of trading him if for some reason he flamed out.

Not saying I didn’t want to see dak sign but I don’t see that the cowboys for any type of deal out of it

There is a no trade clause in his new deal.

And he will not flame out. He has proven he can when and put up numbers, just get a defense to help.
He will not get worse, and can only get better. Even if he does not improve that much he is still very good. but as all winning teams do, the need a complete team. This team is missing a defense and has for years.

Sydla

Reaction score

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

One or two impact FAs.

LOL.

You guys never learn do you?

shabazz

Reaction score
To the fans here that predicted Dakota would be signed....y’all were proven right

Now, each week he will have to live up to that massive contract. That kind of contract that would be worthy of a Rodgers type talent

I predict there will be a ton of buyers remorse around here and I also believe that some of y’all are shaking in your boots that he won’t deliver.....let alone pass a physical to play well

He was running in cement before the injury.....now he’ll be like an immobile Brady....but without the arm and brain.......get the popcorn ready, indeed

Rayman70

Reaction score
To the fans here that predicted Dakota would be signed....y’all were proven right

Now, each week he will have to live up to that massive contract. That kind of contract that would be worthy of a Rodgers type talent

I predict there will be a ton of buyers remorse around here and I also believe that some of y’all are shaking in your boots that he won’t deliver.....let alone pass a physical to play well

He was running in cement before the injury.....now he’ll be like an immobile Brady....but without the arm and brain.......get the popcorn ready, indeed
that would be me. lol..I said over and over a deal would be struck Monday evening. WHY? Because all the signs told me they had no other choice.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Good call. I thought they would have actually learned their lesson.....but alas.....no
I was torn..but if you walk in their shoes, they had to do this. This years crop of QB prospects were not great. They knew what they had in Dak..and how do you replace that kind of leadership and work ethic? You may never if he were to not get signed and he walked. It was the right move.Good news is each side isnt married to each other that long. Its a "short term" engagement. Not a super long deal. The final deal numbers are deceptive. He is getting a ton of cash up front at signing, but the rest is being prorated and spread out over 6 years. The last 2 years are GHOST YEARS. We will have plenty of cap to sign some nice free agents if we want. It was a win win.

Rayman70

Reaction score
btw, next years crop of college draftees at QB look even worse than 2021. Its really bad. They knew what they had to do.Think about something guys. Dak Prescott is the last man standing at QB from the 2016 draft. He is the clear cut BEST QB from that draft, hands down. If they redrafted that draft he might go 1 overall. Hes that good.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I will be awaiting this resurgence with baited breath and delicious anticipation!:thumbup:
Let's first determine if this new and vastly improved team emerges as champs. :grin:

Last edited: