Giants/Commanders?

gbrittain

Reaction score
Skins26 said:
I asked why....

Giants have 6 NFL championships...

You do realize that Dallas has been to more Superbowls and won more Superbowls than any other team in the division.

Dallas has a winning record against every team in the division as well.

Dallas has won more division titles since they came into the division than Washington, NY, or Philly.

By my count the Cowboys have won the division 19 times since there begining in 1960.

Since 1960 by my count Washington has won their division seven times.

Plus Dallas lead Washington head to head 54-35-2.

That's more than occasionaly having a good year. That is more like domination.

burmafrd

Reaction score
The Skins had two good times since the Boys came into being. 71-76 and 82-91. Meanwhile the Boys have been good 1966-1985 and 1991-1996. Then in 2003 and now this year. So a total of 29 years vs 17 (if you count this year).
KInd of leaves the skins with a short load. The Eagles and the Giants in the time from 1960 have even worse records.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
slick325 said:
I actually want the Commanders to win the game. Can't believe I wrote that but here's why. Bear with me. If this weekend plays out the way I believe it will the Skins would be 5-2, Philly after a loss at Denver will be 4-3, the Giants after a loss would be 4-3 and the 'Boys would be 5-3 after beating the Cards. Next week as we all know the 'Boys have a bye, the Giants play San Fran (who I doubt would beat USC) making them 5-3, the Skins play the Eagles, with a win the Eagles get to 5-3 and the whole division is deadlocked at 5-3 with us going into Philly fighting for 1st place on Monday night Nov. 14th. My fingers are crossed for this scenario.

The Skins schedule is tough the next few weeks so I suspect they will fall behind the pack.

That is exactly how it will play out and you are right about the Skins schedule... they will get beat up over the next few weeks (their remaining schedule is BRUTAL) so it is best for a skins win here to knock the wind out of the NYG house of cards (3 wins against crappy teams and 1 miracle against a solid Denver team up 13 points trying to hold on like we did against the Skins) :shootfoot

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Good response. For me I look at it from the stand point what helps the Cowboys the most and I think a Giants win would be a bigger help given the fact we beat them but lost to the skins. Easy for me to say when I don't live in the DC area. LOL

I'm with you...Got to be logical..Not emotional.

It would help the Cowboys more for New York to win!

But like you said I don't live in DC! :D

Kevinicus

Reaction score
hmm, it's all good. But, if NY wins, they likely go to 6-2. With the possibility of us falling to 5-4 with a loss @philly, I'd rather have everyone stay even I think. So, a skins win is probably best, not that I'll be rooting one way or the others cause like I said...it's all good.

Skins26

Reaction score
VACowboy said:
I don't understand the point here. Washington and NY have existed longer and so obviously played and won/lost more games. The important statistic is, who's won more when given the opportunity to play?

Washington: 52.4%
New York: 53.8%
Dallas: 57.4%

How do you figger the Gints and Skins have dominated the division while Dallas has had a good year or two when the Cowboys have won a much higher percentage of their games?
The lower winning percentages are mainly due to recent years.
He said this division has always been about the Cowboys and Commanders. It hasn't. I'm not so sure what's so hard to grasp. The Cowboys haven't even been in this division as long as the Giants and Skins, so how has it always been about them and the Skins?

Kilyin
I said Superbowls, clearly, you know there's a difference.
I didn't see Cooter specify Superbowls.

DC C
And Dallas came into the league and the division when?
Exactly.

Marion
If your looking for stats I have none, I've watched both teams and I think the Giants are the better team.

Skins beat up on the niners and pulled wins out of their ***** against us and the hawks. And squaked by the Bears by 2.

And the Giants, while playing a cup cake schedule have shown me more than the Skins have, they killed several teams and hung with us @ Dallas, which is impressive.
You obviously haven't watched the Skins. The Skins didn't gain the #2 offense and #4 defense by doing nothing. We've gained that by playing extremely soild football. The two best games we've played (besides the 49ers) were against Denver and KC. Two extremely tough teams to beat on the road.
I'd really like to know the logic behind the Giants showing more with a cup cake schedule. The Giants have beat no one with a legit defense. They got punished by SD.
With that schedule that college teams would put up a good fight against, they've only managed to have the #15 offense and #31 defense.
Please inform me on what they've shown. Please.