Giants' Madison knees Owens in the head near Cowboys sideline

adamknite

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1764795 said:
Pretty blatant and extremely dirty in my opinion. Would be interesting to post this on the Gnats Messageboard and see how they would spin it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvCKgndcOkw

- Mike G.

You know during the game I saw Owens jumping up and complaining but I never saw that knee....

I think it's pretty blatant because he never takes his eyes off of TO. Then again they were playing rough the whole game, a lot of cheap hits IMO.

adamknite

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1764824 said:
amazing that the ref didn't see it :rolleyes:

There was a ref ten yards behind the play on the sidelines, watching it, I don't know if he just had a bad view, didn't think it was intentional, or took his eyes off and didn't see it at all, but he was the closest person to the play.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
adamknite;1764830 said:
There was a ref ten yards behind the play on the sidelines, watching it, I don't know if he just had a bad view, didn't think it was intentional, or took his eyes off and didn't see it at all, but he was the closest person to the play.

He was right there when TO got up. If he didn't see it that's pure negligence.

adamknite

Reaction score
DragonCowboy;1764841 said:
He was right there when TO got up. If he didn't see it that's pure negligence.

He wasn't really that close to TO. The ref stopped running about 3-4 yards before the first down marker. After TO gets up and is complaining you see him walk to the first down marker, then after a second or two here comes the ref completely ignoring him. I have no idea what he was doing. I think he was probably just so far behind the play it looked like an accident, or he didn't see it. However it Madison's knee was obviously blatant.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1764795 said:
Pretty blatant and extremely dirty in my opinion. Would be interesting to post this on the Gnats Messageboard and see how they would spin it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvCKgndcOkw

- Mike G.

I thought Madison did a good job of making it look accidental. He did it in the context of walking back onto the field.

It appears to me that it was part of the Giants' game plan to try to get into Dallas' head and make them commit "retaliatory" penalties. The Cowboys have to do a better job of recognizing that when a team is desperate to win.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Dick Butkus just wouldn't have made it in todays NFL.

He did worse than that to opposing players while walking out of the locker room.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
atleast T.O. made the old man look silly all game , especially in the 3rd when he just went by the fool for the TD.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don't know. It looks like T.O was going for Madison's knees with his helmet to me. :)

(That's how Gint's fans will spin this.)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
gimmesix;1764950 said:
I thought Madison did a good job of making it look accidental. He did it in the context of walking back onto the field.

Yeah he was trying to make it look unintentional. That would be the coverup for it.

Madison already paid for that though.... scorched for 2 TD's :D

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
The Giants were playing dirty all game and got away with it every time but in the end all it got them was yet another arse-whoopin by the Cowboys!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CowboyWay;1764964 said:
Dick Butkus just wouldn't have made it in todays NFL.

He did worse than that to opposing players while walking out of the locker room.

:laugh2:

So true.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
So they were a little dirty?

That's how football, especially division rivalries, should be played.

That wasn't a big hit, it was a little tap.....and I have no issue with it. I'd love to see TO doing this to them.

This isn't basketball, we don't need floppers like Jacobs in that game. This is football, it's physical....let them take their hits. And so long as it's not like Luwan Ramsey's cheap shot, I'm fine with it.