Giants name Geno Smith their starting QB **merged**

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wonder if Eli would go somewhere else next year?

Maybe go to Denver.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Especially NOT the QB. Especially the defense, more specifically the pass rush.

He does not deserve much respect. He has always been a mediocre QB and nothing more.

The SB argument is dumb. It's dumb for every QB. He didn't beat anyone. The NY Giants did.

foolish comments. He beat a couple of great teams. He made some great throws.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
and just think this team was 11 and 5 last year and lots of people were picking them to win the east and go to the superbowl this year with this league u just never know its such a year to year league and then week to week during the season

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
The Giants plummeted to the worst run team in Pro Football......And I love it that John Mara gets to watch his team fall apart before his very eyes!!!!!

Terrible personnel decisions, players quitting, players suspended and now they bench their greatest QB in their history for a barely passable journeyman whose own teammate punched him out. Meanwhile Tom Coughlin is in Jacksonville in the thick of the playoff hunt. Take it in John Mara, take it all in.

dfense

Reaction score
Classy move by Eli. They offered to let him start to keep streak alive , but he said it wasn't necessary.
Never liked the Giants mouthy guys, but lots of respect for how Eli handles his business.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
foolish comments. He beat a couple of great teams. He made some great throws.

It's the epitome of foolish to suggest one player beat teams. It's about as beyond absurd as you can get.

Even the worst QBs have made great throws.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Eli is not, never was and never will be elite. This was not a tanking move, they demoted a QB that was hurting the team. The replacement player is what I find so questionable. As bad as Eli is, Geno Smith is not better. Let's be honest, McAdoo isn't going to be there next year. This wasn't a move made by McAdoo for the future of that team. This was a moved ordered from above McAdoo's head and was about the Giants draft next year and needing to evaluate what they have under Eli at QB before the next draft comes around.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They have franchise all time qb's no need to tank just improve the roster, and the cleveland's of the world are dysfunctional and can't find a qb so they just run threw coaches and gm's and stay terrible

In basketball its easy. Spurs sat Robinson and others in 97 and got Tim Duncan. Celtics traded away Garnett and Pierce and now have the best record in the NBA. 76ers tanked for Embiid, Simmons, and Fultz so now are the hottest young team in the league.

Suck for Luck did not work. When has tanking worked? I get the theory I just never see it work out in practice. Looked at another way you look at the best teams of the last couple decades like NE, ATL, ARI, PITT, NY, DEN, BAL, or SEA and they did not get there from tanking.

It's more exciting for fans because a top 5 pick is better than a top 15 but I am not convinced it works. What you actually see most often are teams that are thin and expose young QBs. Luck is a perfect example especially now that he is Penningtoned after playing behind years of horrid OL.

dfense

Reaction score
Giants are looking to solidify that top three pick. Franchise QB will land right in their lap and Dallas can only watch.

csirl

Reaction score
Geno and Davis Webb are both playing this week. I doubt this is about Geno Smith. They probably don't want the rookie fielding questions this week about being named starter. Davis Webb plays a half this week and probably is named starter for the rest of the season, that's my guess.

Giants OL is so bad they know its certain any starter wont finish the game. :)

csirl

Reaction score
Eli is not, never was and never will be elite. This was not a tanking move, they demoted a QB that was hurting the team. The replacement player is what I find so questionable. As bad as Eli is, Geno Smith is not better. Let's be honest, McAdoo isn't going to be there next year. This wasn't a move made by McAdoo for the future of that team. This was a moved ordered from above McAdoo's head and was about the Giants draft next year and needing to evaluate what they have under Eli at QB before the next draft comes around.

Lets hope Jerrah doesnt hire McAdoo to replace Garrett.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Agree ......this was a FO call. Pretty sure Eli agrees.......

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What's going to interesting is when fans turn on players for quitting........but how can you blame them.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Especially NOT the QB. Especially the defense, more specifically the pass rush.

He does not deserve much respect. He has always been a mediocre QB and nothing more.

The SB argument is dumb. It's dumb for every QB. He didn't beat anyone. The NY Giants did.

You people are petty, he made one of the greatest throws in Super Bowl history and helped his team take down arguably the greatest HB and player combo in sports. No other QB can say he went up against hoodie in the Super Bowl and came out the winning side. Eli did it TWICE.

Give respect where it was earned. Absolutely disgraceful to the fan base to be behaving this way.