Giants name Geno Smith their starting QB **merged**

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I've always hated Eli and his lucky SB wins but I feel bad for him. Especially after watching that video of him talking. The Giants are just tanking now. I mean, it's really messed up, we never did that when our season was pretty much done. Didn't we bring Romo back vs Miami to try to win again in 2015? It just shows you what kind of organization the Giants are. I mean we're bad too, in other aspects, like coaching. I hope they're cursed at QB for the next few years.

aria

Reaction score
I was always pretty neutral on Eli and thought other than his stunt during draft day that him and Romo were both class acts. It seems like he always said and did the right things on and off the field, like Romo. The Giants doing him like that is really low. I even felt a little bad after watching that video.

Having said that, I hope they do draft Darnold or Rosen. One is a drama queen liability and the other will make Eli look like an amateur when it comes to turning the ball over. As much as I hate Mayfield and his cocky attitiude he would be one of the last qb's out of this draft I'd want to see end up on that team.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
sad but true. for next ten years everyone in the division will be staring up at the eagles every year. best we can hope for every year is a wild card. I just have a feeling the eagles are going to be tough to beat in next five to ten years.

I thought the Falcons would be unstoppable too

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
The guy loses his entire WR platoon...Does't have a true left tackle...No RBs that I would have on a roster...Has won you 2 Super Bowls..but he's the problem...LOL

Ben Mcadoo...:laugh:

I wish the Giants would sign you to a 10 year extention...:lmao::lmao2::thumbup::flagwave:

Aaron Rodgers lost all those things and more and won a Super Bowl. Brady has always had middle of the road receivers. Make no mistake - Eli's been part of the problem. No arm strength, no mobility and horrendous decision making all season.

He's been flat out terrible.

He also didn't carry the Giants to those two Super Bowls he was a part of a team that carried him. Two historic defensive playoff runs (15 PPG in both never been done before or since) and some absolutely incredible dropped INT's including Rodney Harrison's the play before the Tyree catch.

Led the league three times in INT's, and middle of the road QB rating his entire career.

Eli was a class guy and okay QB in a good organization who did enough to win on two great teams but because of his name, has been overhyped and over rated.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers lost all those things and more and won a Super Bowl. Brady has always had middle of the road receivers. Make no mistake - Eli's been part of the problem. No arm strength, no mobility and horrendous decision making all season.

He's been flat out terrible.

He also didn't carry the Giants to those two Super Bowls he was a part of a team that carried him. Two historic defensive runs (15 PPG in both never been done before or since) and some absolutely incredible dropped INT's including Rodney Harrison's the play before the Tyree catch.

Led the league three times in INT's, and middle of the road QB rating his entire career.

Eli was a class guy and okay QB in a good organization who did enough to win on two great teams but because of his name, has been overhyped and over rated.

Eli in 2011 was not "carried", he was playing at a high level and had some big 4th quarter comebacks that year. If it wasn't for him being so clutch, they would have never made the playoffs or won the Super Bowl. The defense for the Giants in 2007 and 2011 didn't come on either of those years until around the end of the season.

Eli may be the problem now, I mean he is in his late 30s. He's obviously in the twilight of his career, however he's not getting replaced by a young gun - he's getting replaced by dumbo, glass jaw, and bust Geno Smith.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The guy loses his entire WR platoon...Does't have a true left tackle...No RBs that I would have on a roster...Has won you 2 Super Bowls..but he's the problem...LOL

Ben Mcadoo...:laugh:

I wish the Giants would sign you to a 10 year extention...:lmao::lmao2::thumbup::flagwave:

Hmmm..... with exception of Super Bowl, this sounds like Dak (lol)

dmaschuck

Reaction score
Tanking in football has never made a lot of sense to me.

In basketball with 9 man rotations and 15 man rosters sure. You can turnover the roster, change the culture, and still build on what you have.

With 40-45 guys who all play and a 53 man roster you are going to retain a lot of that losing ethic. I do believe in the notion of a team's culture.

I think of the great consistent teams in the NFL like NE, GB, and PItt and what I don't see is tanking. OTOH, I see perennial doormats who pick in the top10 year after year without cessation like Cleveland and Chicago.

I am 100% behind the Giant's tanking.
They have franchise all time qb's no need to tank just improve the roster, and the cleveland's of the world are dysfunctional and can't find a qb so they just run threw coaches and gm's and stay terrible

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Does anyone get the sensation that if it were for Davis Webb, the blow would have been softened?

I mean Geno Smith already stunk it up with the Jets, what on earth would make them basically take a cyanide pill in front of the world like this?

John813

Reaction score
I could get it if they had some young rookie/1/2 year promising QB on the bench.

But Geno blows. Might as well just tank on with Eli

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Off-season move: Coughlin will probably sign Eli to a two year deal in Jacksonville to take advantage of a monster defense. Dilfer 2.0!

Wow, that's a pretty sick idea, and if i'm the Jags, i'm all over that.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
relax. 50k yards, 2x super bowl mvp.

i will never understand the lack of respect for the guy from cowboys fans. People act like he is mcnabb.

before you tell me about missing the playoffs or whatever know this no cowboys fans remember Troy Aikman for 89 or 97 or 99.....its the post season he is remembered for and Mannings career will be also.

That guy has my respect, Beating Jeff Garcia and Jon Gruden at tampa then Romo and Wade Phillips in Irving, Then Favre and McCarthy in Green bay and finally Brady and Belichick. That Giants team really was great and it deserves all the praise it gets especially its qb. It will always hurt how we lost that game but beat them the previous three times but the giants earned it.

Especially NOT the QB. Especially the defense, more specifically the pass rush.

He does not deserve much respect. He has always been a mediocre QB and nothing more.

The SB argument is dumb. It's dumb for every QB. He didn't beat anyone. The NY Giants did.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I give him props for 2011. NOT for 2007. Besides the helmet catch of a prayer there was the dropped INT the previous play.

And only the SB in 2011. He was awful in that championship game and only several dropped INTs and botched punts gave him a chance.