Giants name Geno Smith their starting QB **merged**

diefree666

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right dude, a guy who has the second highest QBR in Super Bowl games and threw one of the most pinpoint accurate passes to the sideline to lead his team to a game winning TD is "mediocre"

Again, gosh, I hope we get someone as mediocre as him on our team.

And in some ways, kinda sounds like you're describing Aikman....
I give him props for 2011. NOT for 2007. Besides the helmet catch of a prayer there was the dropped INT the previous play.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If you have a QB worth looking at, okay.

Geno Smith?

Completely disrespectful to Eli.

For the first time in a while I agree with you.

It's one thing if you have someone you believe might be taking over long term.

This, to me anyway, is a slap in the face of the guy whose helped you win two Superbowls and been a model player for you.

I realise some don't like to give Eli credit for what the Giants accomplished but I'm not one who will do that. Eli has been a damn good QB for them and he deserves to go out in a better way.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
For the first time in a while I agree with you.

It's one thing if you have someone you believe might be taking over long term.

This, to me anyway, is a slap in the face of the guy whose helped you win two Superbowls and been a model player for you.

I realise some don't like to give Eli credit for what the Giants accomplished but I'm not one who will do that. Eli has been a damn good QB for them and he deserves to go out in a better way.

It aint about being disrespectful, its about this.....................

draft-giants-center-1416.jpg

diefree666

Reaction score
Cowboys pom pom wavers hating on Eli right now. These same posters would be washing his balls for him if he was a cowboy. Just stop embarrassing yourself. What the giants are doing is indefensible.
eli has not been all that good for several years. And he really only had a couple of really good seasons his entire career. 13-13 against us. He was very good in 2011; mostly lucky in 2007.

BUT I totally agree this was a classless way for his career to end with the Giants. Wellington Mara is spinning in his grave.

rags747

Reaction score
Eli has a lot more class than MacAdoo! Geno Smith..Unbelievable!!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Yeah saw his interview in the locker room with the NY press, it's the first time I actually kind of liked him. Was on the verge of tears throughout, you could see that lip doing some heavy duty shaking just having to discuss his benching. Now I feel bad for the guy, he may get another chance with the Jags or is he done do u think?

lostar2009

Reaction score
I think Geno is a little bit more mobile but his qb play sucks. Wonder why they didn't trade for Jimmy Garoppolo.

rags747

Reaction score
Cowboys pom pom wavers hating on Eli right now. These same posters would be washing his balls for him if he was a cowboy. Just stop embarrassing yourself. What the giants are doing is indefensible.
That's a bunch of u know what. I take Romo over Eli every day of the week. Romo's problem is that he never had the defense that Eli had. What the Giants are doing is not indefensible, what is the point of him playing the 5 remaining games when their season is toast? They are doing the smart thing and finding out what they have in Webb before they have to pull the trigger on a top QB in the draft. Also, they'd have another couple of OL that are now out...why put Eli behind that. They let him get the record from his brother, now they are doing what is best for their future. Anyway, I do feel bad for him today...class act.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right dude, a guy who has the second highest QBR in Super Bowl games and threw one of the most pinpoint accurate passes to the sideline to lead his team to a game winning TD is "mediocre"

Yes

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Eli deserves more respect from the Giants organization than that. It's one thing when you have your QB of the future and he's been killing it, it's another when you hand the reigns to Geno Smith knowing where that's gonna go.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I poke fun of Eli regularly but I can’t help but feel bad for the guy. Pretty disrespectful move toward a guy who’s given his heart and soul to that organization for 13 years. Hopefully karma will come to bite the Giants and their future QB will be a fail.

Carson

Reaction score
I poke fun of Eli regularly but I can’t help but feel bad for the guy. Pretty disrespectful move toward a guy who’s given his heart and soul to that organization for 13 years. Hopefully karma will come to bite the Giants and their future QB will be a fail.

It’s pretty much a “holy crap, we suck. We need to see is Davis Webb is legit. He’s not ready, so we start Geno for two weeks. Then Webb finishes the season, then they draft Darnold or Rosen”

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I’ve always thought Eli was an average to slightly above average QB but it is completely disrespectful. Hopefully he gets an opportunity to play elsewhere next year

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
If the nobody in the secondary can manage even 1 INT against freakin Geno Smith

CUT ALL OF THEM