Giants name Geno Smith their starting QB **merged**

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the giants are totally stupid. there are far more problems with the giants offense then eli manning. geno smith give me a break. then again with as bad as the cowboys are on defense smith will probably throw three touchdowns and three hundred yards against us in two weeks.

For the head coach to do it's stupid. He might not be around next year. For the GM to order it's pretty smart. Maximize your draft position and get your future at QB so you can compete with the Eagles in this division.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Would be funny if the Giants draft Rosen with all the Eli Manning comparisons that guy gets.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
The real question here is who gets benched first Geno, McAdoo, or Garrett? Eli still has some years in his career but the others are pretty well washed up.

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
If you have a QB worth looking at, okay.

Geno Smith?

Completely disrespectful to Eli.

I'm sorry I feel zero empathy for Eli. Him and Daddy Eli held their breath and stomped his feet on draft day because playing for the Chargers was somehow beneath him. He had an amazing playoff run in those two years bolstered by a great pass rush and got his two rings (Hey I know scoreboard). He has never won a single playoff game other than those 2 seasons. The only thing I will give him major props for is his consecutive games played streak.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
For the head coach to do it's stupid. He might not be around next year. For the GM to order it's pretty smart. Maximize your draft position and get your future at QB so you can compete with the Eagles in this division.
The GM is most likely out as well.....

Motown12

First words were not Mom or Dad but Flex Defense
Reaction score
Would be funny if the Giants draft Rosen with all the Eli Manning comparisons that guy gets.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Rosen is Ryan Leaf light. Not saying he will flame out like Leaf but he is a head case and I think the press in NY would eat him alive.

lwehlers

Reaction score

makes sense. I would start there young qb they have what is his name instead of smith. smith is just a waste of a roster spot. I would take moore instead of smith any day.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Wait. Geno Smith?

Starting?

kBiCjaM.gif

lwehlers

Reaction score

sad but true. for next ten years everyone in the division will be staring up at the eagles every year. best we can hope for every year is a wild card. I just have a feeling the eagles are going to be tough to beat in next five to ten years.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Coach will be fired after this loss LOL

I highly doubt that this is just a McAdoo decision. I see no reason why they would allow him the authority on this given how the season has played out. This was a franchise move from the top down to McAdoo.

You don’t make a move like this without realizing that it means Eli has played his last game in a Giants uniform. McAdoo doesn’t have the power to make this move. I just don’t see it

Carson

Reaction score
sad but true. for next ten years everyone in the division will be staring up at the eagles every year. best we can hope for every year is a wild card. I just have a feeling the eagles are going to be tough to beat in next five to ten years.

As will we. Let’s not act like this is a 2-14 team. We have talent .. our best player is suspended on offense and injured on defense. No excuses. But still, we are talented ... just need a coach.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Giants want Rosen,he is way better version of Eli and they will trade anything to get him .

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
makes sense. I would start there young qb they have what is his name instead of smith. smith is just a waste of a roster spot. I would take moore instead of smith any day.

Hey, he used used to be the #1 player in Broward county.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

he is getting fired also though.

Romo kept garrett employed and he turned his back on him last year.

Jerry Reese has had terrible drafts but Eli led that team along with a great defense to a championship in 2011. I guess you could credit reese for 07 also but he was only the gm for one year at that point. Reese now turns his back on Manning for no apparent reason.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Great tanking...putting the pressure on the 49ers to counter.
Niners will just trade their pick to the Giants. Niners have their QB (for now).

Giants will be going QB this draft, whether they have to trade up a spot or two for the number one, or are the 1st overall, regardless.

They're better off in the long run, with an old Eli and a horrid season, to do this. Smart move by them.