Giants name Geno Smith their starting QB **merged**

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The GM is most likely out as well.....

Not with how the Maras run the Giants. The Maras have had 2 GMs in the last 50 years or something like that. The decisionmaking process is much like it is in Dallas with Mara calling the shots with input From Reese like it is with Jones and McClay here.

The difference is in superficial titles. The Maras don't scapegoat the GM to their credit.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Giants want Rosen,he is way better version of Eli and they will trade anything to get him .

relax. 50k yards, 2x super bowl mvp.

i will never understand the lack of respect for the guy from cowboys fans. People act like he is mcnabb.

before you tell me about missing the playoffs or whatever know this no cowboys fans remember Troy Aikman for 89 or 97 or 99.....its the post season he is remembered for and Mannings career will be also.

That guy has my respect, Beating Jeff Garcia and Jon Gruden at tampa then Romo and Wade Phillips in Irving, Then Favre and McCarthy in Green bay and finally Brady and Belichick. That Giants team really was great and it deserves all the praise it gets especially its qb. It will always hurt how we lost that game but beat them the previous three times but the giants earned it.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Geno and Davis Webb are both playing this week. I doubt this is about Geno Smith. They probably don't want the rookie fielding questions this week about being named starter. Davis Webb plays a half this week and probably is named starter for the rest of the season, that's my guess.

Webb has some skills.

He was behind Baker Mayfield at Tech as a true freshman, and played well in his opportunities, setting some Big 12 freshman records: single game total offense/passing yards/passing attempts/completions
Then, after Mayfield got PO'd and transferred to OU at the end of 2013, Michael Brewer transferred to Vir. Tech before the 2014 season.
Webb had the job to himself.

Webb was thought to be a Heisman candidate and performed well until an ankle injury against TCU in October. He was replaced by Patrick Mahomes, didn't get his job back at the end of the season, and transferred to Cal to play for Sonny Dykes. He threw for 4,295 yrs in 2016.

Plankton

Reaction score
eli-manning-reacts-to-tip-drill-interception-by-earl-thomas.gif

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm sure this is more about Webb and less about Geno. I bet Webb ends up starting the last few games so NY can see if he is part of the future. If not, expect them to get a QB in the 1st.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dam It, Dam it, Dam it:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

We might actually win that game now.:angry:

Watch us beat a Giants team in full tank mode and Garrett gives an emotional speech about how much fight this team has and how proud he is of the team and Jerry will then chime in that great coaching is what pulls you through when adversity strikes.:rolleyes:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Step 1. Acquire and assemble a very elite defense
Step 2. Start a below avg - mediocre QB
Step 3. Win super bowl

Yeah, you're right dude, a guy who has the second highest QBR in Super Bowl games and threw one of the most pinpoint accurate passes to the sideline to lead his team to a game winning TD is "mediocre"

Again, gosh, I hope we get someone as mediocre as him on our team.

And in some ways, kinda sounds like you're describing Aikman....

pitt33

Reaction score
i will never understand the lack of respect for the guy from cowboys fans. People act like he is mcnabb

That guy has my respect
I concur totally.

If you don’t like the Manning’s there is something wrong with you. That family is a class act.

I think it is a very sad day in the NFL.