Giants trade JPP to Bucs

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think it's silly. You are rebuilding your defense and trade away your best pass rusher and still have Eli? If they get rid of Eli instead of hanging on to him for dear life then these moves make sense. And they don't have one linebacker for that scheme......they are going to be a mess on defense.
It is not silly to get draft capital for a player that does not fit in the scheme. And I know it is fun to laugh at Manning, but I see him rebounding in Shurmur's offense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It is not silly to get draft capital for a player that does not fit in the scheme. And I know it is fun to laugh at Manning, but I see him rebounding in Shurmur's offense.

I think it's silly to change schemes when Eli has a year or two left.....IMO, his career has been over for 2 years but they feel different.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I keep hearing Barkley or Mayfield..its gonna be interesting.
Their meddling owner sat in the stands with a big fat yellow notepad at USC's Pro Day. I have a feeling that is a dead giveaway. Haslam has always been pretty transparent when he likes a QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I still believe they wont take a QB in the 1st. They like Webb apparently very much and he might get a shot to replace Eli in 1-2 years.

But i thought they get Nelson cause their O-Line is terrible.
They gave away the farm for Nate Solder...so I don't see them drafting Nelson at 2 and investing more money there. Its going to be Chubb or Rosen. Likely Chubb.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Their meddling owner sat in the stands with a big fat yellow notepad at USC's Pro Day. I have a feeling that is a dead giveaway. Haslam has always been pretty transparent when he likes a QB.
He was at Mayfields also...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Getting a third round pick for a bad scheme fit is a solid move. Solder was the best LT on the market and solves a big problem for them.

Please don't try to insinuate any other team is incompetent when you look at this cluster of an offseason for the Cowboys.
I asked what makes the Giants GM competent. I didn't say anything about the Cowboys.......

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Sam Darnold wont make it out of the top 10.
He's going to CLE

The Giants D gets stronger with Chubb, but they'd be foolish not to draft a QB with this high of a pick and Eli 37 years old and playing like crap. As bad as it will be for NFCE OLs, drafting Chubb is what I want them to do. Barkley would be even better.

Great trade for the Bucs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I admit...Darnold sure looked great yesterday...But I think the Browns are convinced they need Mayfield/Barkley.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He's going to CLE

The Giants D gets stronger with Chubb, but they'd be foolish not to draft a QB with this high of a pick and Eli 37 years old and playing like crap. As bad as it will be for NFCE OLs, drafting Chubb is what I want them to do. Barkley would be even better.

I agree on the Giants. I think Gettleman is making a mistake to draft Chubb here at 2 when Eli regressed horribly...and like you said,is 37.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's going to CLE

Yeah but if you don't like these qbs but you like Webb? I wouldn't touch any of them. It's like the year the Cowboys got Zeke. When you draft that high and you think you can still win with Eli? You have to take the plate that helps Eli.