Giants trade JPP to Bucs

Rayman70

Reaction score
With the odds rising daily that teams sitting at 4-6 will get the three top non QBs this year (Chubb, Barkley, Nelson?) the Giants can still drop down some if they for some reason don't want a QB...and probably pick up another 2nd and 1st from next year....and STILL get one of those three.
Dangit
They invested a boatload of money on Solder...no way they draft a guy like Nelson at 2 and shell out more money in that area. CHUBB is the target.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their meddling owner sat in the stands with a big fat yellow notepad at USC's Pro Day. I have a feeling that is a dead giveaway. Haslam has always been pretty transparent when he likes a QB.

But I thought Jerry was the only meddling owner...I read it on hear many times...

LittleD

Reaction score
I'm sure a ton of teams would've loved some of our younger players

And my guess is we could get a deal like that for Sean Lee as well.

Lee is getting up there in age and his knees are pretty much shot. He can't stay healthy for 16 games any longer.
I doubt that a team would take on the risk and his contract.

Rayman70

Reaction score
But I thought Jerry was the only meddling owner...I read it on hear many times...
Haslam meddles..but is totally out of his realm. He makes Jerry look like Bill Polian lol. Haslam has no business being seen at a pro day to be honest...its a dog and pony show. Hire good people,cut the checks...and stay in the shadows. Jerry needs to just fade away.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He was a bad contract. That was the intent of my post.
To be plain, I wish Jerry would find a way to rid ourselves of contracts like Dez and Crawford. And it would be even better if we could get compensation at the same time.

If we had the No. 2 overall pick and there was a receiver worthy of that pick, then that might change how we look at Dez's contract.

The Giants are in good position to get out from under JPP's contract because of where they are drafting. If they don't take Chubb, though, they've damaged their pass rush to do it unless they find another way to add a quality pass rusher.

Of course, then there's the issue with their GM having given JPP a "bad contract" to begin with, which really just shows that there are a lot of bad contracts given out in the league because that's what it takes to retain players or sign FAs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, they picked up an extra third for a player that didn't fit instead of hanging onto him for dear life. They are not that far off from the conversion. They need a Calais Campbell type and Chubb would be their rusher. They already have the NT. I just expect them to load up on linebackers.

Yeah, and I'm sure if the Cowboys switched schemes and had to move Lawrence as a poor fit for a 3rd round pick and swapping 4s so you pick later in the round you'd be supportive of that trade.

lostar2009

Reaction score
okay JPP went for pretty much a 4th and a swap of a 4th round pick. So at best Earl is worth a 3rd????

DFWJC

Reaction score
Please let this happen. What a stupid draft pick at 2. I doubt they draft him there, but pray they do
Exactly
The frenzy for QBs this year makes that #2 pick pure gold. If they for some reason don't take a QB they can really cash in by even the slightest drop down.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If we had the No. 2 overall pick and there was a receiver worthy of that pick, then that might change how we look at Dez's contract.

The Giants are in good position to get out from under JPP's contract because of where they are drafting. If they don't take Chubb, though, they've damaged their pass rush to do it unless they find another way to add a quality pass rusher.

Of course, then there's the issue with their GM having given JPP a "bad contract" to begin with, which really just shows that there are a lot of bad contracts given out in the league because that's what it takes to retain players or sign FAs.

Agreed on the draft position element. That's why part of me wanted to get Bosa or Ramsey when we had #4. Not that I'm complaining about Zeke, though.

A different GM (Jerry Reese) signed JPP to that bad contract, though. Their new GM (Gettleman) traded him away. So it seems they're trying to clean up some of previous admin's mistakes. Then again, it's the Giants - they MAY (hopefully) find a way to still screw it up