Giants trade JPP to Bucs

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lots of teams want other teams older, expensive players. No team wants to deal with Dallas and they don't have any interest in our players.
Certainly they are giving any picks for our players. We suck and other teams know it!
I'm sure a ton of teams would've loved some of our younger players

And my guess is we could get a deal like that for Sean Lee as well.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We need a real GM.

Yes, we need one who would trade away our top pass rusher for a third-round pick.

Good move by the Bucs IMO.

The only way this makes sense for New York is if they plan to take Chubb.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a possibility.

This trade tells me they are going to look to re-make their defense in the Cardinals' image.

That makes Chubb possible to be their chess piece. They also could trade down with the Bills and load up on pass rushers like Lorenzo Carter, Harold Landry and Rashaan Evans. I expect them to go pass rusher and OL heavy. Not sold on them taking a QB at 2.

I'm worried that they might end up with Nelson.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yeah but if you don't like these qbs but you like Webb? I wouldn't touch any of them. It's like the year the Cowboys got Zeke. When you draft that high and you think you can still win with Eli? You have to take the plate that helps Eli.
Well yes, with the caveat that there's a QB at 2 that they like. Between Rosen, Allen, Baker I'd think the odds are good they like one of the three.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Getting a third round pick for a bad scheme fit is a solid move. Solder was the best LT on the market and solves a big problem for them.

Please don't try to insinuate any other team is incompetent when you look at this cluster of an offseason for the Cowboys.

Question: Are they moving Flowers to Guard, or Right Tackle? Inquiring minds want to know...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well yes, with the caveat that there's a QB at 2 that they like. Between Rosen, Allen, Baker I'd think the odds are good they like one of the three.
Yeah but they also like Webb and he's much cheaper. I think they pick the skilled position to help Eli. A qb doesn't help the Giants this year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm not enamored with ANY of these QB's in the draft...and I doubt Gettleman is either. If he does pull the trigger,it will be Rosen.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hue is on the record as loving Allen and Mayfield too...lol..so its lying season boys.
I think it's been reported multiple places that CLE is very high on Darnold, from Hue up, and he's already pretty much their guy. They're gonna do their due diligence with all the top QBs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bradley Chubb you can just about pencil in at 2 guys. The pendulum just swung.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, we need one who would trade away our top pass rusher for a third-round pick.

Good move by the Bucs IMO.

The only way this makes sense for New York is if they plan to take Chubb.
He was a bad contract. That was the intent of my post.
To be plain, I wish Jerry would find a way to rid ourselves of contracts like Dez and Crawford. And it would be even better if we could get compensation at the same time.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think it's been reported multiple places that CLE is very high on Darnold, from Hue up, and he's already pretty much their guy. They're gonna do their due diligence with all the top QBs.
Of course.

DFWJC

Reaction score
With the odds rising daily that teams sitting at 4-6 will get the three top non QBs this year (Chubb, Barkley, Nelson?) the Giants can still drop down some if they for some reason don't want a QB...and probably pick up another 2nd and 1st from next year....and STILL get one of those three.
Dangit

kskboys

Reaction score
With the odds rising daily that teams sitting at 4-6 will get the three top non QBs this year (Chubb, Barkley, Nelson?) the Giants can still drop down some if they for some reason don't want a QB...and probably pick up another 2nd and 1st from next year.
Dangit
Giants are taking Barkley.