Giants vs. Packers game thread (Packers Blown Out @ Home)

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Chuck 54;4379948 said:
No matter what we do this offseason, the next few years are going to take a herculean effort to catch the Eagles and Giants, who both swept us convincingly.

Both rivals are young where it counts.

Cowboys can do it, but it will take much more than some FA signings and a great draft. Everyone must improve big time, including the coaches.

For whatever one's opinion of Jerry Jones may be, there's no denying the fact: The Giants and Eagles are superior organizations, and have been since 2000.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Im glad. I hope they lose next week. Nothing is as disappointing as losing in the NFC Championship. Atleast when you make it to the superbowl you can go "hey, atleast we made it there".

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Either we getto see the Giants win another Superbowl or the Niners get their sixth Superbowl before we do. Go Ravens or Pats. :eek::

The Natural

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4379962 said:
Man as much as Rodgers is the superior QB individually, I just don't see Brees and that Saints offense getting taken out of their game AT HOME like this. No way...

Brees and that Saints offense play in a dome..They dont deal with the same elements that cause alot of the dropped passes we've seen today from Green Bay

Reaction score
Chuck 54;4379973 said:
And what about either time they destroyed us makes you think we are the ones laughing about next season.

We would've won of Romo was healthy in the 2nd meeting no doubt in my mind.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4379944 said:
Lot's of folks in Wisconsin driving their tractors into lakes at this point.

LOL. I hate the Packers more than the Giants. I've never begun to forgive them for 66 and 67.

SWG9

Reaction score
A lot of parallels between this game and the 2007 divisional game we played against the Giants.

I find it remarkable that the Giants routinely piss away large chunks of the game and wind up winning regardless.

reddyuta

Reaction score
you can win in the playoffs with good lines on both sides,Jerry never believed in this concept.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I said that if the Giants could play Good Defense like in the last games they had a good chance of winning. Was hoping that it wouldn't happen though:bang2:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4379983 said:
We would've won of Romo was healthy in the 2nd meeting no doubt in my mind.

Considering that his injury had no effect one way or the other I have to disagree. He made all the throws when he had time, it;s just a convenient excuse.

SWG9

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4379982 said:
What inherant quality gives the Giants the ability to do this?

None, unless you know how to make wide open receivers drop passes, defences give up hail mary passes at the end of the half, opposing DB's refuse to wrap up WR's, etc.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4379982 said:
What inherant quality gives the Giants the ability to do this?

Talent and depth along the defensive line.

Their pass rush is ferocious, and the league is pass-oriented.