Twitter: Gil Brandt met with Dak in Frisco yesterday

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Of course not he actually talked to Dak about a variety of topics including his injury, etc. And Brandt isn't one to just toss up random stuff on twitter. Dak said something or the conversation gave Brandt reason to wonder if this injury is more concerning than they are trying to let on.

Is this the same Gil Brandt that said Lamar Jackson should move to wide receiver and that the Chiefs would regret drafting Patrick Mahomes.. asking for a friend.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You couldn't possibly be more childish if you tried.

If it's what you want to hear it's gospel, no matter who says it. If it's not what you want to hear then it's a lie, and anyone who disagrees gets called childish names.

Grow up. If you can't handle different opinions without lashing out that way then maybe the internet isn't for you?
And the fact that Dak is fine and will start week 1 is something you don't want to hear. Why else would you be arguing with me? Dak said the day after he went to the locker room with a sore arm that if it was the regular season he would be out there playing. That was what 3 weeks ago? Why do you want him to be hurt? I don't get it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But he's still on a pitch count. He's still not allowed to any work beyond some light tosses and simple drills. As of yesterday, and McCarthy confirmed this, he's even restricted on the type of passes he's throwing. So clearly they still have concerns about where his arm is. If they were just worried about a guy hitting him in a live drill, he'd still have zero restrictions in non contact drills but he doesn't. He's still extremely limited in what he can and can't do throwing the ball.

And the point here is that if we get to late next week and he's still severely limited in what he's allowed to do throwing wise, guess what? That tells any sane person they are still concerned about his arm injury.
Forget it. You're going to pray that he's hurt no matter what I say. Have a great day.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think i'd rather go with Gilbert and suck then suck with Minshew and trade a draft pick for him.

Minshew is better than Gilbert will ever be, and the back up QB isn't about trying to go on a SB run with him. If your starter is done for the year then you probably are as well, with rare exceptions.

But if you need a guy for 2-3 games, it would be nice to have a back up who has actually started and won games (for a bad team, no less). The Cowboys have no one like that behind Dak, including 8 year journeyman Garrett Gilbert.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'd love to know your source for this assertion. Where do you get this inside knowledge that contradicts everything we are being told and can see for ourselves on the podcasts, on Hard Knocks etc. He looks fine every time they show him.. They just want to keep it that way.. he has shown that if left to his own devices he will overwork himself which could exacerbate the injury. They are doing what needs to be done to keep that from happening. Which is fine by me..
LOL. We were told he needs a few days rest. Look where we are now. And sorry, some light throwing is not proof he is fine. Especially for a player who has stated he is in the best shape of his life.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
LOL at all the hand ringing about a non-medical person saying he's not sure that Dak will be ready. I'm not sure either who can be? Probably Dak and his doctor duh. Anything after that is pure conjecture and shows more about who you are than what the situation is.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Hypocrisy? What hypocrisy? Dak's fine. McCarthy said he's getting him ready for week 1. The players have said he'll be there for week 1. Dak says he's ready to play now. What is this hypocrisy you are talking about?
You haters will twist any possible tidbit to fit your narrative.

You make that assertion.

Then you twist a tidbit to fit your narrative by saying this:

I mean you obviously want him hurt and that's sad. And you're not the only one either.

That is some level 10 tidbit twisting.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m still not worried yet.

He has a muscle strain. Bringing him along slowly is smart.

Let it heal 100% before you start having him let it rip. That way it doesn’t linger and stay an issue all season.

Ian Rapoport just the other day said Dak is fine. I’m not saying he knows more than Brandt. But he basically dismissed any reason to think Dak’s injury is serious.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
excuses-files.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
Is this the same Gil Brandt that said Lamar Jackson should move to wide receiver and that the Chiefs would regret drafting Patrick Mahomes.. asking for a friend.

Here is an SI article on the 2018 draft. Brandt has Jackson ranked as his 5th QB in the draft. Funny that he would rank a QB that he thinks needs to move to WR as the 5th best one in that draft. Oh and his quote on Jackson in this article was "Immense talent, immense upside".

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/09/nfl-draft-prospects-gil-brandt-dallas-mmqb-peter-king

Brandt also had Mahomes as a first round prospect and in fact was in charge of the green room invitations that year for the draft and was the one pushing Mahomes to accept and attend. So apparently Brandt thought Mahomes as a sure first round talent but that the Chiefs would regret drafting him?

Got cites for your assertions? Asking for a friend.

Jipper

Reaction score
:facepalm: My God you fans will believe anything.

Rock...i didnt say i fully believe it...i said honestly if it was....im speaking in terms of if we got to game one and he wasnt 100% then he's got to sit and let it heal..my big concern is letting it linger and then it getting progressivly worse over a 17 game season...again if thats the case which i hope it isnt

Sydla

Reaction score
Forget it. You're going to pray that he's hurt no matter what I say. Have a great day.

The typical Rockport move. Once he can't argue a point anymore, he makes something up and just moves on.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
It was an ominous sign when Dak needed a 2nd MRI on his shoulder 2 weeks after his injury.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

It's the same Gil Brandt who was the Cowboys chief talent scout from 1960 to 1988, and made the HOF for his decades of successful work.

But let's dismiss all of that because Ronnie remembers two things Brandt tweeted. :muttley:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL. We were told he needs a few days rest. Look where we are now. And sorry, some light throwing is not proof he is fine. Especially for a player who has stated he is in the best shape of his life.

So you're not going to reveal your sources? Eh? I've watched him throw on Hard Knocks.. that did not look like "light throwing." I have seen the clips from the podcasts.. Also not "light throwing." They're [ edit NOT ] letting him make 50 yard heaves.. because they're not stupid.. He's not doing enough to satisfy you.. That's your problem.. I don't need to see him out there risking our entire season in preseason or trying to show off his arm in practice. I'm satisfied with what I've seen. You're not.. You're entitled to feel however you choose about it. So am I. If he doesn't start on September 9th I will declare you were right all along.. If he does and plays well you have to do the same for everyone who believes he will be fine..

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So you're not going to reveal your sources? Eh? I've watched him throw on Hard Knocks.. that did not look like "light throwing." I have seen the clips from the podcasts.. Also not "light throwing." They're letting him make 50 yard heaves.. because they're not stupid.. He's not doing enough to satisfy you.. That's your problem.. I don't need to see him out there risking our entire season in preseason or trying to show off his arm in practice. I'm satisfied with what I've seen. You're not.. You're entitled to feel however you choose about it. So am I. If he doesn't start on September 9th I will declare you were right all along.. If he does and plays well you have to do the same for everyone who believes he will be fine..
Yeah, Ronnie, I don't have a source. I have a functioning brain that I can see what the team is telling me and what I am seeing isn't indicative of a QB that is fine.

Now, do you have a source that Zeke was impacted by the effects of covid last year causing decreased stamina or did you try to put some common sense behind your opinion?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's the same Gil Brandt who was the Cowboys chief talent scout from 1960 to 1988, and made the HOF for his decades of successful work.

But let's dismiss all of that because Ronnie remembers two things Brandt tweeted. :muttley:

No I don't dismiss what Gil did when he had his fastball.. However that has been a while.. Father Time is undefeated.. even for scouts..