Twitter: Gil Brandt met with Dak in Frisco yesterday

Nav22

Reaction score
I recall one was in Philly territory and on a third down, the WR had beaten his guy down the sideline and Dak airmailed him.

He also was far from the only problem
In that game but he clearly was struggling that game compared to performances before he got hurt.
I do see a couple misses on longer throws now. I stand corrected on that. But our receivers were brutal too. Killer drops all night, while the Eagles scrubs caught everything that hit their hands.

erod

Reaction score
At this point, I can't tell if it's a matter of being cheap or a matter of being arrogant.

Either way, we saw how well we fared doing an emergency trade for a QB (Matt Cassel). You gotta have a plan of some sort.
Who is Aaron Rodgers' backup? Brady? Mahomes? Wilson? Allen?

Great backup quarterbacks are unicorns. There's one, and he's starting in Washington.

Motorola

Reaction score
Well, we know from here on out, every throwing session - in practice and before the two remaining preseason games - will be highly scrutinized, and intensely dissected, then discussed by some.

Sydla

Reaction score
I do see a couple misses on longer throws now. I stand corrected on that. But our receivers were brutal too. Killer drops all night, while the Eagles scrubs caught everything that hit their hands.

Oh yeah it was more than just Dak’s injury at play in that game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The fact that we are still talking about this indicates that the injury was more significant than Dak and team let on.
No, it just means the fans have bought into the media hype. They do this to sell the product they are pushing. Don't believe it. Dak will be just fine.

Plankton

Reaction score
Oh yeah it was more than just Dak’s injury at play in that game.

giphy.gif

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Who is Aaron Rodgers' backup? Brady? Mahomes? Wilson? Allen?

Great backup quarterbacks are unicorns. There's one, and he's starting in Washington.
If you don't know that Aaron Rodgers' backup is Jordan Love then you must be living under a rock.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
At this point, I can't tell if it's a matter of being cheap or a matter of being arrogant.

Either way, we saw how well we fared doing an emergency trade for a QB (Matt Cassel). You gotta have a plan of some sort.
The plan at this point is probably to look at the QBs who get released. There are plenty of QBs on teams, even experienced QBs, who will likely be released prior to the season.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
From all reports, he’s actually been throwing for a while now, with no ill effects. They are bringing him along slowly and don’t want hm in the heat of the moment in a preseason game trying to make a deep, awkward throw or zipping a pass and having his arm hit, possibly straining the muscle and starting over. Two weeks of healing while passing in controlled situations can do wonders for a muscle….no rush.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Minshew for Smith.

Get it done. Urban Meyer is a massive fan of the Smith family, having coached the brother at OSU and trying to get Smith to go to OSU.
I'm not a huge Smith fan, but I'm sure the Cowboys consider that WAY too high of a price for a QB that very well might get cut.

They have 3 guys (Beathard, Minshew, Luton) all battling behind the eventual starter, Lawrence.
Minshew is one of those guys that looks awful in practice, and Meyer has no allegiance to him.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll say it for the 100th time.
Tony had minor surgery on his back to remove a cyst.
He'll be full go by TC.

LOVE, JERRY