Twitter: Gil Brandt met with Dak in Frisco yesterday

Sydla

Reaction score
He played fine. Receivers dropped SIX passes that day, several on 3rd down.

He did not. He missed big plays all over the field. Twice he had WRs open on deep balls and air mailed both that could have been TDs.

It was clear his shoulder was bothering him that game.

Sydla

Reaction score
I do not imply. If the Cowboys defense was playoff caliber in 2019 they would have beaten Wentz throwing to 3rd and 4th string WRs.

Its called a football team. If the QB is hurting others have to step up. Dak's shoulder was not the reason for the 2019 lost.

The defense held Philly to 17 points in that last game. 17.

The offense scored 9. Kind of hard to blame the defense for that late 2019 loss to Philly.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak did not practice at all the week leading up to that Eagles game, and that's why he played so poorly. I am a Dak supporter and I cannot deny he was bad in that game; but it was due to the lack of reps. He was able to practice the week after that and that's why he looked so much better against Washington in the 2019 finale.

Sydla

Reaction score
You've been spewing this crap from the very beginning and you keep on being proven wrong. And instead of admitting it you just keep getting angrier at the people who have been right the entire time. You are a cancer to the fanbase.

LOL.

I mean he was talking three weeks ago that Dak would be back in like a matter of days.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there at least 2+ weeks between this game and the regular season opener on the 9th? I mean if he needs more than 3 weeks to heal than hell yeah the team is vastly understating his injury_IMHO

Maybe they are, but would people rather have a fully-healed QB out there with no preseason reps or someone perhaps still coming down from an injury (or just healed) slinging balls in a meaningless preseason game to risk re-aggravation? Wanting Dak to play in preseason is mostly about some people's fear that we'll lose to TB and don't want to go into that game with the unknown answer of if Dak can take hits coming back from his leg injury. As the QB goes, so does this offense, so why not be extra sure the shoulder is healed and you'll get both answers then? People want assurances but they'll just have to go into this game extra anxious. Sucks for them.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The talk about Dak being back in "days" was all Mike McCarthy's doing. He mis-spoke and should have said Prescott would throw again in two to three weeks (which he has) and not days.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Minshew is better than Gilbert will ever be, and the back up QB isn't about trying to go on a SB run with him. If your starter is done for the year then you probably are as well, with rare exceptions.

But if you need a guy for 2-3 games, it would be nice to have a back up who has actually started and won games (for a bad team, no less). The Cowboys have no one like that behind Dak, including 8 year journeyman Garrett Gilbert.
Minshew isn't the issue. Its the draft capital to get him is the issue.

Nav22

Reaction score
He did not. He missed big plays all over the field. Twice he had WRs open on deep balls and air mailed both that could have been TDs.

I was at the game and have no clue which plays you’re referring to. I don’t recall any overthrows that could’ve been TDs. Any link that shows those plays? I realize it might be tough to find them.

From my vantage point, Dak was on target and our receivers let him down big-time that night.

Tony Pollard also lost a critical fumble and, of course, our defense forced a grand total of 0 turnovers. Xavier Woods dropped a gimme INT early (might’ve been a pick-6) that would’ve changed the tide drastically.

EDIT: Found this. I don’t see any air-mailed throws that would’ve been TDs, do you?

Last edited:

coult44

Reaction score
“Had a long talk with Dak Prescott yesterday out in Frisco. He expects to be out there when the Cowboys open the season. I think it would take a lot to keep him from playing, just not sure he’ll be at 100%. Season tilts on his health,” Brandt wrote on Twitter Thursday.

Good thing we're so solid at the back up QB position with 3 dudes who have never won an NFL game. :rolleyes:

NO team will win much with a backup who plays often. The NFL is not setup that way.

Sydla

Reaction score
I was at the game and have no clue which plays you’re referring to. I don’t recall any overthrows that could’ve been TDs. Any link that shows those plays? I realize it might be tough to find them.

From my vantage point, Dak was on target and our receivers let him down big-time that night.

Tony Pollard also lost a critical fumble and, of course, our defense forced a grand total of 0 turnovers. Xavier Woods dropped a gimme INT early (might’ve been a pick-6) that would’ve changed the tide drastically.

EDIT: Found this. I don’t see any air-mailed throws that would’ve been TDs, do you?

I recall one was in Philly territory and on a third down, the WR had beaten his guy down the sideline and Dak airmailed him.

He also was far from the only problem
In that game but he clearly was struggling that game compared to performances before he got hurt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yeah I mean it wasn't a good for him but I left that game wondering why they were so pass happy when they knew he had problems throwing.