Twitter: Gil Brandt met with Dak in Frisco yesterday

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m still not worried yet.

He has a muscle strain. Bringing him along slowly is smart.

Let it heal 100% before you start having him let it rip. That way it doesn’t linger and stay an issue all season.

Ian Rapoport just the other day said Dak is fine. I’m not saying he knows more than Brandt. But he basically dismissed any reason to think Dak’s injury is serious.
I'll buy that, but he IS going to have to let it rip at some point soon...as in mid next week.....if we are to believe it's not a serious injury.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Ok.....now I'm officially concerned about this injury.

Apparently it was much worse than the team led everyone to believe.....or it just isn't healing.

Me too. This was supposed to be a shoulder strain. Out a few days. Maybe a week or so. Just the idea that he might not be 100% for opening day tells me that there's something else happening here.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah, Ronnie, I don't have a source. I have a functioning brain that I can see what the team is telling me and what I am seeing isn't indicative of a QB that is fine.

Now, do you have a source that Zeke was impacted by the effects of covid last year causing decreased stamina or did you try to put some common sense behind your opinion?

The difference between my observations of Zeke and your extrapolations on Dak are simply that. You are basing your opinions on what you DON'T see. I based my opinions on what I DID see with Zeke over the course of a 16 game season. We all saw his sluggishness, his lack of focus at times, the lack of stamina etc. All WIDELY reported symptoms of post-Covid. I didn't have to guess that those symptoms were associated with Covid.. There are a thousand websites including the CDC which support the assertion that people who get covid commonly suffer these effects for months after recovery. Some folks report that they NEVER get back 100% where they were before Covid.. Some doctors have speculated that the damage to lungs and brain could be permanent with some people. That scares the hell outta me not only for Zeke and the Cowboys but for anyone who gets that damn disease.

Again you are perfectly within your rights to be suspicious of the team and how they have couched the Dak injury situation. No one should be 100% comfortable with it. I'm certainly not. However every time they've shown him, either on Hard Knocks or on the practice reports on the podcasts he has been throwing darts. Not soft toss.. not "light throwing." Darts. With good velocity and deadly accuracy. That one drill where he hits the targets from about 20 yards away while stepping over the dummies was fire. Again I don't know if that was edited but if it was the real deal I feel VERY good about where he is. Yes there will be some trepidation until we finally get to see him in game action. But seeing that stuff has eased my concerns somewhat. I get wanting to hurry up and get there.. But I try to keep an eye on the bigger picture.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep Dak was awful at CB letting those Philly 3rd and 4th string WRs beat him on defense :laugh:

So wait are you implying Dak was fine or good that game?

We scored 9 points that game. Philly could only muster 17.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The difference between my observations of Zeke and your extrapolations on Dak are simply that. You are basing your opinions on what you DON'T see. I based my opinions on what I DID see with Zeke over the course of a 16 game season. We all saw his sluggishness, his lack of focus at times, the lack of stamina etc. All WIDELY reported symptoms of post-Covid. I didn't have to guess that those symptoms were associated with Covid.. There are a thousand websites including the CDC which support the assertion that people who get covid commonly suffer these effects for months after recovery. Some folks report that they NEVER get back 100% where they were before Covid.. Some doctors have speculated that the damage to lungs and brain could be permanent with some people. That scares the hell outta me not only for Zeke and the Cowboys but for anyone who gets that damn disease.

Again you are perfectly within your rights to be suspicious of the team and how they have couched the Dak injury situation. No one should be 100% comfortable with it. I'm certainly not. However every time they've shown him, either on Hard Knocks or on the practice reports on the podcasts he has been throwing darts. Not soft toss.. not "light throwing." Darts. With good velocity and deadly accuracy. That one drill where he hits the targets from about 20 yards away while stepping over the dummies was fire. Again I don't know if that was edited but if it was the real deal I feel VERY good about where he is. Yes there will be some trepidation until we finally get to see him in game action. But seeing that stuff has eased my concerns somewhat. I get wanting to hurry up and get there.. But I try to keep an eye on the bigger picture.
Partially. I am seeing Dak limited in his participation in the preparation of the season. I am not seeing the activity of a QB that I am being told is "fine". I expect a "fine" QB to be practicing and getting some work in preseason, like we see every year with QBs who are fine. That's not to say he won't be ready for game 1. He can still heal and play in that game, but I don't believe for a second Dak is still being limited simply due to precautionary reasons.

jrumann59

Reaction score
We've seen Dak with a bum shoulder playing a game. It wasn't pretty.
The lat is different than the shoulder. It is blessing its the lat and not a shoulder muscle. That being said they probably will be sparing with roll out throws to the opposite side. That also leads me to believe that his mechanics may be little off is he is using more upper body to get throws down field.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I don't think anyone would imply that. But I would always put more of that loss on the coaching staff. They started a guy who was compromised physically who was not allowed to throw all week in practice until pregame warmups.. That was stupid.. Period. He could not drive the ball on a cold, wet, windy day in Philly. He should not have played. Or if he was going to play then they should have let him practice so they could know before the game what he could and couldn't do and could have tailored the game plan accordingly.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Partially. I am seeing Dak limited in his participation in the preparation of the season. I am not seeing the activity of a QB that I am being told is "fine". I expect a "fine" QB to be practicing and getting some work in preseason, like we see every year with QBs who are fine. That's not to say he won't be ready for game 1. He can still heal and play in that game, but I don't believe for a second Dak is still being limited simply due to precautionary reasons.

Teams commonly are cautious with players coming back from a major injury. Saquon Barkley still not been cleared to participate in full team drills.. but is expected to be ready for the season opener. Dak is in the same boat.. he's a guy coming off a major injury.. So they were being cautious with him BEFORE the lat strain and basically have just continued that since. I think when they say "he's fine" they are saying "he's right where we expect him to be and is on target for September 9." That's not to say that he doesn't have bumps and bruises.. He has a surgically repaired ankle with rods in it. He clearly overdid the work on the upper body during the offseason because he couldn't do things with his feet while the ankle healed up. The coaching and training staffs probably underestimated just how fanatical the guy had been about working until the day he strained his lat. I think that was their wake up call. So they are absolutely going to protect him from himself going forward. I'm just glad they got it in mid July as opposed to late August.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Teams commonly are cautious with players coming back from a major injury. Saquon Barkley still not been cleared to participate in full team drills.. but is expected to be ready for the season opener. Dak is in the same boat.. he's a guy coming off a major injury.. So they were being cautious with him BEFORE the lat strain and basically have just continued that since. I think when they say "he's fine" they are saying "he's right where we expect him to be and is on target for September 9." That's not to say that he doesn't have bumps and bruises.. He has a surgically repaired ankle with rods in it. He clearly overdid the work on the upper body during the offseason because he couldn't do things with his feet while the ankle healed up. The coaching and training staffs probably underestimated just how fanatical the guy had been about working until the day he strained his lat. I think that was their wake up call. So they are absolutely going to protect him from himself going forward. I'm just glad they got it in mid July as opposed to late August.
He went all out on the first day of practice. They put him on a pitch count for the 2nd practice because they looked at the GPS data and said it was too much. This was the practice Dak was frustrated. Then it appears he hurt his shoulder in warm ups on the 3rd practice. This has been a totally different level of cautious than what we saw before the lat strain.

Sydla

Reaction score
Let’s be clear about one thing here. I have little doubt, barring a major setback, that Dak will start Game 1. That’s not my concern.

My concern is whether he will be 100%, 90%, 80%, whatever. Sure that’s still better than Gilbert but it’s also likely going to cap the success we can have this season.

The fact that we are three weeks into what was sold as just a minor injury and he’s still extremely limited in what he does in practice and the kind of throws he can make tells me the team also has concerns. As we get closer to the start of the season, if Dak still can’t go full bore in practice that would just scream there’s still an issue that concerns them.

If he is truly fine or getting close to being fine, there is no reason why he shouldn’t be a full practice participant at some point in the very near future.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
This is why I don't get those that want Dak to get reps in a meaningless pre-season game. Your QB had an injury, the depths of which we'll never know, and you want to throw him out there when he could have more time to ensure the injury is put to rest, all to relieve YOUR anxiety that he won't be properly prepared. QB is THE most important position on the team. You don't mess with that.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there at least 2+ weeks between this game and the regular season opener on the 9th? I mean if he needs more than 3 weeks to heal than hell yeah the team is vastly understating his injury_IMHO

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The typical Rockport move. Once he can't argue a point anymore, he makes something up and just moves on.
The typical Sydla move
tenor-9.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Me too. This was supposed to be a shoulder strain. Out a few days. Maybe a week or so. Just the idea that he might not be 100% for opening day tells me that there's something else happening here.
Some NFL Network analyst says he might not be 100% and you buy it? :lmao::lmao2:What's wrong with you people.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why do you haters always pray for the worst? Honest question. Why?

eromeopolk

Reaction score

We scored 9 points that game. Philly could only muster 17.
I do not imply. If the Cowboys defense was playoff caliber in 2019 they would have beaten Wentz throwing to 3rd and 4th string WRs.

Its called a football team. If the QB is hurting others have to step up. Dak's shoulder was not the reason for the 2019 lost.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let’s be clear about one thing here. I have little doubt, barring a major setback, that Dak will start Game 1. That’s not my concern.

My concern is whether he will be 100%, 90%, 80%, whatever. Sure that’s still better than Gilbert but it’s also likely going to cap the success we can have this season.

The fact that we are three weeks into what was sold as just a minor injury and he’s still extremely limited in what he does in practice and the kind of throws he can make tells me the team also has concerns. As we get closer to the start of the season, if Dak still can’t go full bore in practice that would just scream there’s still an issue that concerns them.

If he is truly fine or getting close to being fine, there is no reason why he shouldn’t be a full practice participant at some point in the very near future.
You Nancy's keep preaching the Dak's not 100% bull****. Keep on keeping on. Maybe the Bucs will actually believe you. That's exactly what the Cowboys want the Bucs to believe. They've got you fooled, (sucked as Parcells would say) so maybe they'll suck the Bucs into believing the same. Please be the Pawn.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You Nancy's keep preaching the Dak's not 100% bull****. Keep on keeping on. Maybe the Bucs will actually believe you. That's exactly what the Cowboys want the Bucs to believe. They've got you fooled, (sucked as Parcells would say) so maybe they'll suck the Bucs into believing the same. Please be the Pawn.
You've been spewing this crap from the very beginning and you keep on being proven wrong. And instead of admitting it you just keep getting angrier at the people who have been right the entire time. You are a cancer to the fanbase.