Gil Brandt predicts Week 14-15 return for Jaylon Smith

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
ok I have waited to post this but I had a severe burn on my left leg below the knee it affects the nerve and I could not feel anything for a long time. About 2 months ago I was laying on the bed next to my wife and suddenly boom I had full feeling in the burned area. it freaked me out and my wife poked at it for the next few minutes...
point being is the nerve "woke up" instantly and out of nowhere. Now Smith's injury is different than mine but the reactions of the nerves should be the same

btcutter

Reaction score
Could you imagine if we get him for the playoff push and run? That could make us an instant Super Bowl contender going into the playoffs IMO.
That's wishful thinking. This is a kid off major injury without training camp or any sort of physical contact at the Pro level and you expect him to make major contribution?

He needs a full training camp. For his and our sake.

Scotman

Reaction score
I am not an expert, but I've had a little personal experience with nerves turning off and back on. And in my experience, its not all or nothing. Its gradual. This idea of a lightswitch is exactly the opposite of mine and others' experiences that I know.

It just doesnt seem possible to me.
More like a dimmer switch?

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Can someone clarify this for me. I thought with the brace to support his leg because of the "drop-foot", Jaylon couldn't cut or do any drills that required change of direction. Could this report mean that he does not need the drop-foot brace anymore? And does this say anything regarding the nerve healing?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
ok I have waited to post this but I had a severe burn on my left leg below the knee it affects the nerve and I could not feel anything for a long time. About 2 months ago I was laying on the bed next to my wife and suddenly boom I had full feeling in the burned area. it freaked me out and my wife poked at it for the next few minutes...
point being is the nerve "woke up" instantly and out of nowhere. Now Smith's injury is different than mine but the reactions of the nerves should be the same
Quantify "A long time"

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sir, this is a family friend site. ;)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can someone clarify this for me. I thought with the brace to support his leg because of the "drop-foot", Jaylon couldn't cut or do any drills that required change of direction. Could this report mean that he does not need the drop-foot brace anymore? And does this say anything regarding the nerve healing?
I have not seen anything indicating that he absolutely can't cut or do change of direction. Many players returning from knee injuries don't cut or do change of direction (at near full speed) until well past the point that they could do it.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I would put him on the field just to let him run around, but not expect much. Maybe put him in on punt and kickoff return unit.

Little Jr

Reaction score
He could still cut with the brace. Not as well as before the injury.