Gil is in trouble

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We live in a culture where you get awarded for punching people who make fun of your bald wife.

shabazz

Reaction score
Gil has the right to say what he wants. Everyone else has the right to call him out when he makes inappropriate comments based on assumptions.

It goes both ways.

Agree 100%!!!!!

The day this forum doesn't recognise it, my rectum will be outta here

EST_1986

Reaction score
Gil is 90 years old, reacted to a story carelessly and apologized to the public afterwards.

Move on. This isn't a story.
It’s clearly a story no matter how quickly he tried to back track his true ignorant feelings

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Gil is 90 years old, reacted to a story carelessly and apologized to the public afterwards.

Move on. This isn't a story.

Pretty much everything posted here "isn't a story" and you are free to move on if it doesn't interest you.

I'm glad he apologized, but disappointed that a Cowboys legend would spout off something like that in the first place.

Gaede

Reaction score
Because in this day and age you're not supposed to tell the truth.

Funny what you consider truth. Someone calls you out for your bull****? Not allowed. Call a guy out for being killed by a car? Fair game

Truth means truth whether you like it or not. And you are the last dude who supports people saying things that are true, but uncomfortable to confront.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
People make mistakes -- Gil Brandt realized his hasty decision and apologized. Mistakes should be forgiven under reasonable circumstances.

The same should be said of anyone making a human mistake. Only humans who are sinless should be free to stand in Godlike judgment. o_O

Batman1980

Reaction score
People make mistakes -- Gil Brandt realized his hasty decision and apologized. Mistakes should be forgiven under reasonable circumstances.

The same should be said of anyone making a human mistake. Only humans that are Godlike should be free to stand in superior judgment. o_O

It is aggressively rude to attack someone's character on the day that someone is struck from this Earth in a terrible accident.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It is aggressively rude to attack someone's character on the day that someone is struck from this Earth in a terrible accident.

That's totally true, but in many cases, people act in error, especially when caught in mindless situations. Untimely things do happen.

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I live in a world where you don't make assumptions, essentially calling Haskins stupid for "jogging on a highway", then use them to criticize someone who just died.

Call it "cancellation" if it makes you feel better. I call it learning something about Brandt that I really didn't want to know. I'm glad he apologized, at least.

The incident happened around 6:30 a.m. when Haskins was driving on I-595 going to the airport to return to Pittsburgh and stopped his vehicle to get out when he was hit by a dump truck.
You missed the whole facts, truths, and point of this post. Go find what you want to find...
Sports Illustrated -
7 News WSVN in Miami released a story about the incident, without naming Haskins by name, stating that a dump truck struck a man around 6:37 a.m. while he was walking on Interstate 595 in Fort Lauderdale. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman Lt. Indiana Miranda confirmed Haskins’s death, and said it is unknown why Haskins was on the interstate at this time.

“He was just walking on the highway and got hit,” Miranda told The Associated Press. FHP authorities told CBSMiami that he was attempting to cross the westbound lanes of the highway when he was hit by the truck.

Based on the report, Haskins is the only person who died from the crash. It is unknown if the driver of the dump truck was injured.

Traffic homicide investigators are investigating the crash, per WSVN.

AP News -
Haskins was killed early Saturday morning when he was hit by a dump truck while he was walking on a South Florida highway. Florida Highway Patrol spokeswoman Lt. Indiana Miranda said Haskins was pronounced dead at the scene.

“He was attempting to cross the westbound lanes of Interstate 595 when there was oncoming traffic,” Miranda said in an emailed statement.

Miranda didn’t say why Haskins was on the highway at the time. The accident caused the highway to be shut down for several hours, and Miranda said it’s “an open traffic homicide investigation.”

My post states and stands on facts. Dallas Cowboys Hall of Fame player Rayfield Big Cat Wright died and I had to go to Twitter to see what Gil Brandt said about The Big Cat's death on a Dallas Cowboys forum. Nuff Said.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I can forgive someone and have a different opinion of them moving forward. That's where I am with Gil Brandt now.

If he'll speak like that into a microphone, I'm not sure I want to know what he'd say away from one.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Here is some more truth. You’re being an insensitive prick after somebody was killed in an accident.

Neither Gil or you was there and don’t even know what happened. It’s not the time to spout off.

It’s hilarious that you think that Gil or yourself is in a position to state “the truth” when neither probably knows a damn thing about what actually happened.
Here's the truth...Mr. Gil Brandt followed and studied him coming out of high school and throughout college, hence why the podcast hosts implied why they wanted Mr. Brandt's opinion. You're just a sensitive little prick who can't handle what Mr. Brandt was asked to give opinion of.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can forgive someone and have a different opinion of them moving forward. That's where I am with Gil Brandt now.

If he'll speak like that into a microphone, I'm not sure I want to know what he'd say away from one.

I feel the important thing to consider is that he realized his mistake and apologized for doing so. I think we've all made mistakes we're sorry for. Brandt will certainly be subject to scorn and justifiably so. In the meantime, we should all realize he's a human subject to foolish mistakes. I'm afraid we all are. :oops:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I live in a world where you don't make assumptions, essentially calling Haskins stupid for "jogging on a highway", then use them to criticize someone who just died.

Call it "cancellation" if it makes you feel better. I call it learning something about Brandt that I really didn't want to know. I'm glad he apologized, at least.

The incident happened around 6:30 a.m. when Haskins was driving on I-595 going to the airport to return to Pittsburgh and stopped his vehicle to get out when he was hit by a dump truck.
So Mr. Gil Brandt was right? He was actually correct? Dwayne Haskins' reckless actions cost him his own life?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Exactly.....He did an in depth scouting report on the guy....and knew he wasn't ready for the NFL......very immature....
Warned people that something bad could possibly happen.....but the NFL insiders and agents pushed him to go ahead.....Damn NFL greed got this kid killed.

Gil saw it......reported it.....no one listened. Now he's telling everyone...."I told you so".......and somehow now Gil is the bad guy.

Go figure. :popcorn:

Pisses me off that a guy gets killed....and now all the agents and league officials that pushed this kid into the league before he was ready....now have the audacity to call out the guy that warned them all that he wasn't ready for the NFL.

It's total BS.....:mad:
100% correct.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Here's the truth...Mr. Gil Brandt followed and studied him coming out of high school and throughout college, hence why the podcast hosts implied why they wanted Mr. Brandt's opinion. You're just a sensitive little prick who can't handle what Mr. Brandt was asked to give opinion of.
At least everyone now sees you the way I do, AC.

Reputation forever tainted.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
At least everyone now sees you the way I do, AC.

Reputation forever tainted.
Whatever, troll.

I served almost 7 years on a fire rescue truck, saw so many accidents happen, helped save so many lives, brought so many lives back and sadly saw so many end their lives. I even got disabled putting my life on the line to save others. What have you ever done to judge me on social media other than yap your trollish mouth? I guarantee you wouldn't be able to handle what I have seen and experienced. I'm simply defending Mr. Brandt for saying what he was honestly asked for through his experience and knowledge.