Ginn runs in the 4.4s --Updated

mmillman

Reaction score
Ted Ginn Still Can't Run, Drops in NFL Draft

Posted Mar 12th 2007 9:55AM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: NFL Draft
tedginn.jpg
Ohio State hosted its pro day workout yesterday, but receiver Ted Ginn Jr. didn't run. The injury he suffered in the BCS National Championship Game (which he says is a high ankle sprain), still hasn't healed well enough for him to show off the blazing speed he displayed at Ohio State, and he now seems likely to drop to the bottom of the first round of next month's NFL draft.

Ginn still says he plans to run at an individual workout in April, but at this point there's not much doubt that he's dropped on a lot of draft boards. At one point he was widely perceived as the second receiver in the draft, behind just Calvin Johnson of Georgia Tech, but now I think he's fallen back into the pack with LSU's Dwayne Bowe, Tennessee's Robert Meachem and USC's Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith.

I like Ginn and hope he gets well soon, but he might not even be one of the top five receivers in the draft, and that injury might have cost him millions of dollars.

mmillman

Reaction score
that is just one of the many reasons I am not a big fan of excessive endzone celebrations. what a shame that it could cost him millions.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
mmillman;1453358 said:
Ted Ginn Still Can't Run, Drops in NFL Draft

Posted Mar 12th 2007 9:55AM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: NFL Draft
tedginn.jpg
Ohio State hosted its pro day workout yesterday, but receiver Ted Ginn Jr. didn't run. The injury he suffered in the BCS National Championship Game (which he says is a high ankle sprain), still hasn't healed well enough for him to show off the blazing speed he displayed at Ohio State, and he now seems likely to drop to the bottom of the first round of next month's NFL draft.

Ginn still says he plans to run at an individual workout in April, but at this point there's not much doubt that he's dropped on a lot of draft boards. At one point he was widely perceived as the second receiver in the draft, behind just Calvin Johnson of Georgia Tech, but now I think he's fallen back into the pack with LSU's Dwayne Bowe, Tennessee's Robert Meachem and USC's Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith.

I like Ginn and hope he gets well soon, but he might not even be one of the top five receivers in the draft, and that injury might have cost him millions of dollars.

Just more reason to trade down, if we can, IMO.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I can see the whispers of Randy Moss in Jerry Jones' ear causing him to pull the trigger on Ginn if he's on the board.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Check the date. This is an old article from the OSU Pro Day from a month ago.

He ran a 4.38 today according to Rotoworld. His WR drills were cut short due to rain.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1453387 said:

He ran a 4.38 today according to Rotoworld.

lol March 12th.

parchy

Reaction score
mmillman;1453363 said:
that is just one of the many reasons I am not a big fan of excessive endzone celebrations. what a shame that it could cost him millions.

As I recall, it wasn't that bad, was it?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1453387 said:

He ran a 4.38 today according to Rotoworld. His WR drills were cut short due to rain.

LOL thats what I thought, plus the article states he plans to run at his individual workout in April. Last time I looked at a calendar it said April 10th. :eek:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
He ran today, but the #s don't look to good. Some had him timed in the 4.4s. Scott Wright of NFLDraftCountdown.com said he heard he didn't look very good in positional drills either.

I don't think he'll be draft in the 1st round.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would think 1 concern would be that is has been over 2 months since he injured the ankle and he is still having problems. As for speed running the 40 or not I don't think effects him when anyone who has scouted Ginn know that speed is not an issue with him

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
parchy;1453437 said:
As I recall, it wasn't that bad, was it?
He was in a cast and walking boot up until the end of February/beginning of March. I would think it would take at least 4-6 weeks of training to get yourself back to running at 100% after not even jogging for a couple months.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Why would he fall? It's not like this injury is serious or permanent. He'll be at full speed by late spring, early summer. All he needs is time.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
bbgun;1453474 said:
Why would he fall? It's not like this injury is serious or permanent. He'll be at full speed by late spring, early summer. All he needs is time.

Shhhhhhhh!

Let him fall!

Heck all the way to our pick in the second round for that matter.

Honestly, if he were to be there at 22 and we didn't trade back a few spots and then get him, I would be shocked.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I would be more concerned over the fact that it's been a couple of months now, and he is still having problems with it...hmmmm. If...we were to take Ginn, I just hope that he wouldn't turn into another WR that we took back in '86 named Mike Sherrard out of USC with our first pick, who certainly had speed to burn, but was perceived by many as being injury prone/brittle.