Ginn runs in the 4.4s --Updated

aikemirv

Reaction score
We all know that high ankle sprains involve long recovery times.

Where have you guys been?

He ran a 4.38 after just coming off a high ankle sprain that has not allowed him to work out very hard. This is just silliness!

conner01

Reaction score
i'm not a huge ginn fan but he's not falling behind rice for sure, and i think not behind jarrett either. he may still be there at 22 but it's not gonna hurt him that much.he fell down is the reciever drills because of the rain so i don't think thats gonna hurt him either. if you liked him at the end of the season, you still like him today. no team is gonna drop him that much because he had a ankle spring which can take quite a while to get fully healed. te knock on him is he is not a guy to go over the middle and not real polished as a wr. but that has'nt changed. the teams that where high on him should still be

parchy

Reaction score
theogt;1453469 said:
He was in a cast and walking boot up until the end of February/beginning of March. I would think it would take at least 4-6 weeks of training to get yourself back to running at 100% after not even jogging for a couple months.

I didn't mean the injury, I meant the celebration. It wasn't really excessive as much as it was unfortunate.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
If he's still "having problems" and running a 4.38, I'd hate to see what he can do healthy.

HardHittingRoy31

Reaction score
Still hurting, Ginn goes around 4.4 in 40s
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:44 PM
By Ken Gordon

COLUMBUS DISPATCH
Even less than 100 percent healthy, Ted Ginn Jr. proved pretty fast today in a private workout for NFL coaches and scouts.

The former Ohio State receiver ran three 40-yard dashes at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center, and the consensus was he averaged around 4.4 seconds.

His father, Ted Ginn Sr., reported times of 4.38, 4.40 and 4.41. He said his son was 75 percent to 80 percent healthy.

Ginn Jr. suffered a sprained foot in the national-title game on Jan. 8 and could not run at the NFL combine in February or at OSU's pro day in March.

At least 15 teams sent representatives to the workout today.

“He's making progress,” St. Louis Rams head coach Scott Linehan said. “It's obvious he's still got a ways to go yet, but even not probably 100 percent, he still ran faster than most guys. So I think he's just fine.”

Ginn almost certainly will be a first-round pick April 28, likely to be selected somewhere between the sixth and 20th pick.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
April 11, 2007

Ginn clocked in the 4.3s

Ted Ginn Jr. still isn't in great shape after rehabbing his injured foot for months, but he ran in the 4.3s for NFL scouts at Ohio State today.
I'm pretty sure that's a record for a dude not fast enough to play receiver in the NFL.

Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 4:23 PM (E-mail this entry)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
jackrussell;1453583 said:
For those that say he doesn't go across the middle...

For those who say he has no agility......

For those who say he has no escapability....

For those who say he can't shake a tackle....

Behold...

http://www.buckeyecommentary.com/files/ted-ginn-has-to-prove-he-is-fast.html

Edit- Aaron Ross- toast!

I'm an Ohio State fan...and I would love to have this guy! I doubt he will be there when the Boyz pick, and also, I think the team has other needs...

But, I can wish, right?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt;1453463 said:
He ran today, but the #s don't look to good. Some had him timed in the 4.4s. Scott Wright of NFLDraftCountdown.com said he heard he didn't look very good in positional drills either.

I don't think he'll be draft in the 1st round.

He's a 2nd rounder -- could be a return stud but could take a long while to become a WR

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
matt mosley(on espn103.3 with gac) said the cowboys were way down on ginn.

he didnt say why.

he said they love reggie nelson and it might be nelson or a trade down.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
5Stars;1453585 said:
I'm an Ohio State fan...and I would love to have this guy! I doubt he will be there when the Boyz pick, and also, I think the team has other needs...

Yes, CB being one of them.....Those vids show me 2 things...why we should draft Ginn...and why we shouldn't draft Aaron Ross!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
jackrussell;1453592 said:
Yes, CB being one of them.....Those vids show me 2 things...why we should draft Ginn...and why we shouldn't draft Aaron Ross!

Ginn is not really healed right now...but when he is on his game that sucker can run like Forrest Gump! :eek:

I think a good year or two in the NFL would really help this guy! He's actually a really amazing player...

I want a nose tackle! That is what I am so concerned about...! Maybe not in the first...but, the Boyz need some big, bad, muscle right there to help Fergy...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
jterrell;1453590 said:
matt mosley(on espn103.3 with gac) said the cowboys were way down on ginn.

he didnt say why.

he said they love reggie nelson and it might be nelson or a trade down.

I'm sorry, but if we draft Nelson, I'll puke. If we go safety, the guy better have ALL of the tangibles needed to exceed there in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, I like Nelson, just not for us. He's not fast enough. He looked downright slow at the combine...real slow. I'd rather have a guy like *gulp* Meriweather.

I'll take the trade down over Nelson and Ginn.

What happened to us being high on Meachem?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
tomson75;1453599 said:
I'm sorry, but if we draft Nelson, I'll puke. If we go safety, the guy better have ALL of the tangibles needed to exceed there in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, I like Nelson, just not for us. He's not fast enough. He looked downright slow at the combine...real slow. I'd rather have a guy like *gulp* Meriweather.

I'll take the trade down over Nelson and Ginn.

What happened to us being high on Meachem?

Define 'us'. ;)

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
jackrussell;1453605 said:
Define 'us'. ;)

Let me rephrase...in this case "us" should be "Ireland." ;)

...and once again, I'm beaten by theogt.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I would love it if the Cowboys could get Nelson, but I don't see him getting past Jaguars. Getting the best defensive player in college football at #22 is probably expecting too much anyway.