1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Give Dak the exact contract Mahomes has

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Aug 4, 2020.

1. BoysfaninVegas

BoysfaninVegas Well-Known Member

3,808 Messages
    5,948 Likes Received
  2. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

27,524 Messages
    10,275 Likes Received
    Why don't you go to your usual hangout, eaglesNFL, and leave us alone, bloke?
    You want u s saddled with a very expensive average awkward QB. It will cripple us for years.
    You and Dak should marry and star in the XFL.

Silly and PAPPYDOG like this.
  3. Jeffkills

Jeffkills Well-Known Member

2,012 Messages
    2,616 Likes Received
    Is it because Dak is a grubber of money??

Too bad....

4. plasticman

plasticman Well-Known Member

3,595 Messages
    6,064 Likes Received
    I like Dak and want to see him succeed. However, Mahomes deal is for a guy who provwd himself by accompkishing the ultimate goal under very unique circumstances....and those cirumstances were that he did it really quick!

Dak hasn't led the team ti a Super Bowl victory. However, the potential is really good.

I actually beleive a four year deal is better for the team.....just in case things take an unexpected turn.

A four year deal is expensive but doesn't marry the team to Dak. It also buys additiinal time to add quality "depth" to the QB squad.

Silly likes this.
  5. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

19,160 Messages
    19,894 Likes Received
    Could have done a Elliot type extension.

6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

97,771 Messages
    24,399 Likes Received
    Problem with that is 25 mill avg would rank him 14 highest paid, by the time the 4 year deal is done that 25 mill would rank him around the bottom of starting QB. Players get the deals they can in their contract year knowing it will be 4 to 5 years before they are able to get a new deal done. Personally I think they all are paid too much but it is the market value of a NFL QB.

7. Whirlwin

Whirlwin Well-Known Member

10,837 Messages
    6,397 Likes Received
    Prescott is definitely a top-five quarterback. You don’t like him fine. I get that. That’s why you have an arm chair

8. Brax

Brax Well-Known Member

2,682 Messages
    2,382 Likes Received
    Top 5, you do not even have a armchair. as for I don't like him couldn't be farther from the truth. Top money for middle of the road talent is what I don't like, top 5 thanks for the days laugh.

9. DeaconMoss

DeaconMoss Well-Known Member

3,975 Messages
    3,128 Likes Received
    Corona may help Dak get paid. If the NFL has some shortened version of a season and Dallas happens to get to the NFC title game. I think Dallas has to at least make the NFCC for him to get a long term deal.

10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

97,771 Messages
    24,399 Likes Received
    Everyone has to play under the same condition I don't think it helps or hurts him any more than any other QB. Right now I expect to see a full 16 game season.

11. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

22,347 Messages
    24,577 Likes Received
    EVERY Dak discussion turns into really inane bickering by the same people. Page after page of really bad reiterations of the exact same argument. Ick.

12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

52,278 Messages
    50,341 Likes Received
    Dak is ok.

When he goes from caretaker to difference maker let me know.

Andy Dalton can get us the W's Dak is getting us right now.

black label likes this.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

49,632 Messages
    37,079 Likes Received
    That's why the 35/yr offer seemed more than fair.
    He's be a top 2 paid QB at the start of his deal and would probably still be a top 10 paid QB at the end.
    That was why he wanted 4 yrs vs 5 though, so he could move back up to the top (or close) a year sooner.

Doomsday101 likes this.
  14. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

49,632 Messages
    37,079 Likes Received
    If you mean 8-8, I agree. Last year was a massive underachievement.

With this roster, I'm assuming Dak needs to lead Dallas to at least 11-12 wins. We'll see if that happens.

15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

52,278 Messages
    50,341 Likes Received

Just don't disappear in big games against good teams.

black label and DFWJC like this.
  16. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

12,281 Messages
    6,229 Likes Received
    o_Oo_Oo_O:huh:, Mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, Rothlisberger, Wilson, maybe Brady. Up and comers Jackson, Jimmy G, Dak, Cousins, Watson. Lets not forget Rivers and Stafford still play in the league. By my count and I will be gracious he is top 10but could be as low as 13 maybe as high as 6 or 7

kskboys likes this.
  17. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

1,280 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    Agree with you , but the cowboys offense is pretty much set up for a good quality QB to keep driving it . Dak has proven he cannot make a difference once the running game stalls , he just cannot carry the team like an elite QB can .(1-6 last year against playoff teams ) .
    Therefore all the cowboys need is a good QB at 20-28 mil range and spend more on fixing the defense .
    Brady was available At 22-25 mil , dalton is signed at 3 mil , Newton was very affordable, Etc etc . The QBs are there if the cowboys move beyond an incredibly expensive Dak .
    Dak has already hurt the cowboys with his salary this year .

18. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

22,347 Messages
    24,577 Likes Received
    Yup. He isn't top 5 at this point.

19. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

7,553 Messages
    6,629 Likes Received
    I don't believe any QB should be held to that standard. How many are? But a good GM should know how to pay a good QB and still keep a competitive team around him.

How many times do we see a QB reach the Super Bowl, get paid, then the team around him dissolves? So don't go by that standard alone.

20. Future

Future Intramural Legend

25,091 Messages
    11,904 Likes Received
    B/c by saying no he could get another $100m+ over the same time.