Give it up for Jason Garrett

Proximo

Reaction score
He should have known better. It is akin to saying that we have owned the Cleveland Browns over the last 5 years. Did you really think we were going to be impressed? I guess when it all boils down to certain fans its a matter of standards.

LOL. Like I said, "triggered".

OP observed a stat; JG's success against Washington. Nothing more, nothing less.

And you are literally posting uncontrollably about how much you hate JG and how much you think he sucks.

It's funny.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL. Like I said, "triggered".

OP observed a stat; JG's success against Washington. Nothing more, nothing less.

And you are literally posting uncontrollably about how much you hate JG and how much you think he sucks.

It's funny.

I think triggered is a fantastic term to use for exactly what happens to me anytime someone praises Garrett. Ive moved all the things aside on my desk and stopped working completely. People walk into my office and I give them a dirty look. Then they walk out. Then I start typing again. :lmao::lmao2:

Proximo

Reaction score
I think triggered is a fantastic term to use for exactly what happens to me anytime someone praises Garrett. Ive moved all the things aside on my desk and stopped working completely. People walk into my office and I give them a dirty look. Then they walk out. Then I start typing again. :lmao::lmao2:

Legit LOL'd.

You do you, Roy.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Yep and lets be honest. In the pouring rain and and with the more powerful run game the skins were driving to tie or win the game. And we needed a blocked FG to the 3 and a gimme pick 6 at the end to pull it off. This should have been an easier game to win.
division games are never a cake walk. no matter the opponent or record.

Big Cat

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has brought up the decision not to run the clock down on 4th down before giving the ball back to the Commanders with over a minute left in the game. The ball was snapped with 15 seconds left on the play clock and the game clock running.

Proximo

Reaction score
A bunch of people believe its been too long since the Cowboys have consistently gone deep into the playoffs (which I agree with). And then most of that same bunch also believes--since the buck stops with the coach, the reason for not going deeper into the playoffs is coaching. It's the exact same emotional response that had way too many good fans saying stupid things about Tony Romo being a choker. That same group will turn on Dak in a heartbeat if and when teams he plays on consistently fall short of expectations.

But that isn't the same thing as the problem actually being the coaching. The problem is insufficient talent on defense, which at this point can maybe be legitimately tied to the coaching staff. But that's not what most people are saying when they reflexively (and stupidly) go back to criticizing the coaching staff.

I'll add that there is a unique element regarding Jason Garrett and how he's viewed by the fanbase; some of our fans are literally incapable of giving him any credit for any of the Cowboys' successes.

I haven't seen this before. Not to this extent anyhow.

This thread that we're in could serve as exhibit A. I mean just look at the general reaction to pointing out a single statistic that puts Garrett in a positive light. This thread speaks for itself.

I can just see some of these folks gnashing their teeth while watching JG clap on the sidelines.

I can actually remember a thread from last season where people were congregating to criticize JG for celebrating after beating the niners. It was hilarious.

khiladi

Reaction score
That play-calling right before the half was brilliant.. two weeks in a row... tried scoring while not trying to score... fooled everybody

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll add that there is a unique element regarding Jason Garrett and how he's viewed by the fanbase; some of our fans are literally incapable of giving him any credit for any of the Cowboys' successes.

I haven't seen this before. Not to this extent anyhow.

This thread that we're in could serve as exhibit A. I mean just look at the general reaction to pointing out a single statistic that puts Garrett in a positive light. This thread speaks for itself.

I can just see some of these folks gnashing their teeth while watching JG clap on the sidelines.

I can actually remember a thread from last season where people were congregating to criticize JG for celebrating after beating the niners. It was hilarious.

You know, he takes a team he built from the ground up to 12-4/13-3 and is still somehow an idiot. Last year bought a little peace and quiet on that front, but it lasted for all of two unexpected early-season losses.

Whatever. The dude's build a pretty good team in Dallas under difficult circumstances. The extension, wins, and CotY award pretty much put the question of 'can he coach' to rest for anybody with a lick of sense. Everybody else can complain all they want.

The open question is can he actually build and coach a team capable of winning a title. We don't have the answer to that, yet, but we'll find out this year or next. I've got my own reservations about some of the decisions this team has made, but I don't waste time worrying about whether or not the staff is a limitation.

I just need to watch that I don't get baited into responding to stupid criticisms on the topic. I should know better, but it's hard sometimes.

Proximo

Reaction score
You know, he takes a team he built from the ground up to 12-4/13-3 and is still somehow an idiot.

Also note, he did that (12-4 & 13-3) with two different starting QB's and two different starting RB's, one year apart.

I'd be curious to know how many times that's been done.

If that's not evidence of good coaching I don't know what is.

dfense

Reaction score
Zimmer had the #1 D statistically in the NFL one year with a bunch of scrubs. Anything else is nit picky.
Blind squirrel finds a nut. And I'm not being insensitive to Zimmer's recent eye issues.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Garrett is our coach. Not my choice, but nothing I can do about it, so I support him, just like I support our team. Crying about what a terrible coach he is accomplishes nothing, imo.

yimyammer

Reaction score
eZ1hiCP.jpg