Give me your W/L Record Prediction as of today (4/2/14)

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
6-10. I'd prefer 2-14 TBH. NFL rewards failure, particularly with next years QB class, mediocrity is just miserable.

Looking at the schedule I see 4-12, but we tend to always win two games we have no business winning (or moral victories, see: Denver), and losing two games we have no business losing.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

If I was to make a trend I've been getting less responses from you in recent months. :D

Are you intending to imply that you would prefer 6-10 over 2-14? I mean sure, winning more is great, but if we were to go 6-10 this year then this era is pretty much over. Ware's gone, Witten has 1-2 years, Romo has 2-3 years. If we can't improve then I rather draft the top QB.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Are you intending to imply that you would prefer 6-10 over 2-14? I mean sure, winning more is great, but if we were to go 6-10 this year then this era is pretty much over. Ware's gone, Witten has 1-2 years, Romo has 2-3 years. If we can't improve then I rather draft the top QB.

Losing to try and get a higher draft pick is poison to a team ......... they only learn to lose, anyone who has ever been a part of a team of any kind knows that.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Losing to try and get a higher draft pick is poison to a team ......... they only learn to lose, anyone who has ever been a part of a team of any kind knows that.

That's an interesting take given the content of your sig picture.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

I've been a part of my share of teams, but that's not what I'm proposing. I'm not saying let's go go lose, I'm simply saying I'd prefer a season with an outcome of 2-14 over one with an outcome of 6-10.

davey999

Reaction score
6-10
Defense not better if not worse.
Status quo on offense.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
9-7, still miss the playoffs

Sfzsaan.png

9darter

Reaction score
As of today? This:
It'd be disastrous as of today: we don't have a starting DL. I'm not sure we'd win more than four games against a full NFL team with what we've got on the roster at this point, if that.

We'll see.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As of today? This:

We'll see.

Hopefully, we never do. I fully expect the defensive roster to be completely different from what we've got today by the time the season rolls around. I do worry about the DL rotation, though. We're not sitting in a great spot to get the WDE we want, and this draft's going to be difficult to move down in in that first round.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Has the potential to be an awful year. Gonna need another horribly weak NFCE to hand Dallas a lot of wins.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Man we're gonna need a lot of salt and pepper to season up this basket of crow being served at the end of the season. No way in God's green earth is a Tony Romo led team gonna get 4-5-6 wins. Absolutely dont believe that for a second. Like i said 10-6 or 11-5.

jnday

Reaction score
Man we're gonna need a lot of salt and pepper to season up this basket of crow being served at the end of the season. No way in God's green earth is a Tony Romo led team gonna get 4-5-6 wins. Absolutely dont believe that for a second. Like i said 10-6 or 11-5.

Romo is not going to see 10 or 11 wins this season either.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The only thing left is the draft and I don't think that there's anyone in the draft that can get you from 7 wins to 10. The only exception is a qb but the Cowboys aren't in the market for one.
Teams are still bringing in free agents, but regardless why cant a team hit in the draft and win a few extra games? It seems ever year a team or two make out really well, and completely do a 180 from the year before. Look at the Seattle 2012 class, would that team be the same without Bruce Ervin/Bobby Wagnor? Denver with Von Miller? Cincy without A.J. Green? In todays game 1st/2nd round picks are expected to come in and produce right away. Doesn't always work out that way, but if you make the right selection in a league of parity you have a chance to be really good.

jnday

Reaction score
Could have had it last year if he hadn't... nevermind.

Romo doesn't have the supporting cast and he can't do it by himself. At this point in the offseason , the team has took a step backwards when it comes to talent and I don't see a couple of rookies winning three or four games due to their play. This team is very close to repeating the Campo years.