Give me your W/L Record Prediction as of today (4/2/14)

jnday

Reaction score
theyre just setting up for "i never expected this team to be that good this year" and "it will take 3 years to build this defense" excuses in the next off-season

sad that cowboy fans have to lower their expectations to the point of already preparing for the excuses for yet another failed season before the season has even begun

even in year 4 they cant go on the record as expecting 11-5 and playoff wins

So much for the excuse that Garrett had a three year process.

jnday

Reaction score
The only thing left is the draft and I don't think that there's anyone in the draft that can get you from 7 wins to 10. The only exception is a qb but the Cowboys aren't in the market for one.

You are making a good point. Rookies don't have a great impact at most positions. The main weakness on this team is the DL. I don't see any rookie DL that can come in and make the line that much better in his first year.

theSHOW

Reaction score
You realize my 7-9 prediction is a lot better than what most people are posting in here? Why are you mad at me?

I'm not mad. I always read your stuff lol. Maybe I am mad. I think the news from Washington and Philadelphia is a blip on the radar screen not much more than that. Dallas's record in 2014 predictions before this and after this don't really waver much on this. Just driving home what it is...IMHO Just My Opinion.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Too early to tell and there's always someone who everyone expects to stink who turn out good like the chiefs last year or seahawks the year before and teams folk have high hopes who play like **** like houston or atlanta last year but here goes.

New York Giants W

Philadelphia W

Washington W

Arizona W

San Francisco L

Houston W

Indianapolis L

New Orleans L

Road:

New York Giants L

Philadelphia L

Washington W

St. Louis W

Seattle L

Jacksonville W

Tennessee L

Chicago L

8-8

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1-15, Winston come on down!

Kidding, way too early to even give an accurate prediction with the draft, more FA and injuries incoming. I'll stay the course and go 8-8 and go from there close to the season opener.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't guess at this point, but with the schedule I think 8-8 would be a miracle.

Zordon

Reaction score
I'm not mad. I always read your stuff lol. Maybe I am mad. I think the news from Washington and Philadelphia is a blip on the radar screen not much more than that. Dallas's record in 2014 predictions before this and after this don't really waver much on this. Just driving home what it is...IMHO Just My Opinion.

Yeah I know things can change but I just wanted to get a pulse of the fanbase today, hence why I put "as of today (4/2/14)" in the thread title. Most likely everyone's predictions will change once Jerry starts selling his nonsense. I refuse to believe this few people think we're going 10-6 or better.

1-15, Winston come on down!

The minute that happens, I'm buying season tix.

Zordon

Reaction score
I don't really. I just want the players giving full effort unlike what happened with Wade.

The biggest need for the team is to develop some stability. They don't need more coordinator or Head Coaching changes.

I want to see them come out of 2014 with a young core that has as good understanding of the offensive and defensive schemes. I want to have a really solid evaluation of where players fit on this defense and where reduce the number of spots that need upgrading to a reasonable number. They have a really young roster and are saving a lot of cap space this year. The cap and dead money will be in much better shape next off-season. At that point a couple of free agent added to the defense could really finish out the rebuild of that unit.

Romo either stays healthy in 2014 and they add free agents and draft picks in 2015 to fishing the rebuild OR he gets injured and they end up with a top 10 pick and draft a QB in 2015. Either way they have a young core with stability and a good salary cap situation in 2015.

Wow man...wow. So we're back to 2011-12 again? Really X? REALLY? We're going back to the "effort" thing again? This can't be life....

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Home:

New York Giants W

Philadelphia W

Washington L

Arizona W

San Francisco L

Houston W

Indianapolis W

New Orleans L

Road:

New York Giants L

Philadelphia L

Washington L

St. Louis L

Seattle L

Jacksonville W

Tennessee W

Chicago L

7-9

6 and 10 , Will it be bad enough for a HC change ?

ceerrece

Reaction score
8-8, Dallas stays in football's limbo, not bad enough to land a top 5 pick in the 2015, but not so good to enter playoffs.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I'm curious how people have us losing to STL after we blew their doors clean off and they haven't improved.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow man...wow. So we're back to 2011-12 again? Really X? REALLY? We're going back to the "effort" thing again? This can't be life....

I'm not certain I completely understand what you're saying.

I just think that with Garrett no longer calling plays or being the OC, that his primary job is to manage the players. If the Cowboys can get to the point that they have reasonable NFL talent at all positions including depth and they are not on the 1st year of a new defensive or offensive scheme, then I'll start being more critical of the details in terms of Garrett managing the game.

If the Cowboy get all other issues worked out and then Garrett blows a season due to poor game management, then I'll call for him to be fired.

Right now, I feel that if Garrett eventually gets fired, that the new Head Coach would inherit a team with reasonably good team character and chemistry. The team that Garrett inherited from Wade was a complete mess in terms of the team mentality. Players like Ratliff developed an overwhelming sense of self importance while Wade was the Head Coach. Once players get that type of attitude it's almost impossible to reverse while that player remains with that team.

Even Head Coaches like Jimmy and Parcells generally tried to get rid of those types of players. Garrett appears to be smart enough to know that he doesn't have the credibility of a guy like Parcells and therefore tries really hard to avoid adding players to the team that would try to challenge his authority.

Wade didn't even handle the smaller issues like Marcus Spears getting too fat which Parcells had warned about. Under Garrett those players tend to move on.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I'm not certain I completely understand what you're saying.

I just think that with Garrett no longer calling plays or being the OC, that his primary job is to manage the players. If the Cowboys can get to the point that they have reasonable NFL talent at all positions including depth and they are not on the 1st year of a new defensive or offensive scheme, then I'll start being more critical of the details in terms of Garrett managing the game.

If the Cowboy get all other issues worked out and then Garrett blows a season due to poor game management, then I'll call for him to be fired.

Right now, I feel that if Garrett eventually gets fired, that the new Head Coach would inherit a team with reasonably good team character and chemistry. The team that Garrett inherited from Wade was a complete mess in terms of the team mentality. Players like Ratliff developed an overwhelming sense of self importance while Wade was the Head Coach. Once players get that type of attitude it's almost impossible to reverse while that player remains with that team.

Even Head Coaches like Jimmy and Parcells generally tried to get rid of those types of players. Garrett appears to be smart enough to know that he doesn't have the credibility of a guy like Parcells and therefore tries really hard to avoid adding players to the team that would try to challenge his authority.

Wade didn't even handle the smaller issues like Marcus Spears getting too fat which Parcells had warned about. Under Garrett those players tend to move on.

Good post.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Are you willing to do the same?

Heck yeah. If my beloved Cowboys don't reach my lofty goal, I'll gladly say I was wrong; give a reason why; along with an arm-chair QB solution, and live another day. No problem brutha! I can't wait for the season to begin. I'm excited.
I love my Cowboys!