Give Mr. Jones Some Respect!

cowboyed

Reaction score
Tom Landry and Tex Schramm built the house. Jerry's just living in it.
Metaphorically, Tom and Tex built the house but then it deteriorated badly over the years and Jerry bought it "as is".
The property's value increased and the house expanded but year after year it always gets the same paint job.

Reactions: CWR

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The other teams' fans hated the Cowboys long before Jerry came along. The moniker "America's Team" is partly to credit for that, as are all the winning seasons. I'd bet money that the people who hate the Cowboys because of Jerry make up about 2% at most.
Right and most rival fans laugh at him and love him all in one big hug as he continues stifling us from more success .

It’s the Cowboy fans who hate him. Truly amazing that while Cowboys remain Dallas metro areas most popular team, the owner is the most hated sports personality.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Metaphorically, Tom and Tex built the house but then it deteriorated badly over the years and Jerry bought it "as is".
The property's value increased and the house expanded but year after year it always gets the same paint job.
It didn’t actually deteriorate over the years with Tex and Tom. It just had a small setback in revenue due to lack of success on the field .

During Bum Brights ownership from 1984 -1989 the Cowboys increased their worth from 85 million the price Bum paid to 140 million the price Jethro paid .

Yes there was a slight cash flow issue losing about a million a month but back then the success of the team dictated related to ticket sales .

But during one of the worst stretches in Cowboy history the franchise almost doubled in value . Hardly deteriorating .

blueblood70

Reaction score

wrong

OP is correct

lets see 30 years for Jones 3 SBS the other tenure ummm TWO......that 3>2 it is about winning SBS not losing them, correct i mean this is the standard by which teams and careers are judged.

Jerrys winning regardless of a drought.

if's ta also about winning games, we are top 10 in wins even since 2000 the dreaded drought starter year and top 10 since 2016 ..so its mote then just media presence the DC are still relevant and popular as ever and Landry and Schramm may have Created the brand and built the starter house but Jerry built his own castle over top of the Old House..its all facts.

if you all keep trying to claim hes so bad as an owner by omitting the purchase and hiring of Jimmy and the 3 SBs if they arent his, i say fans are the issue.,

if Jerry turned this into the jets, browns, jags and many other sure we could have reason to hate him, he did now,. Regardless of a deep playoff drought which btw many teams being heralded in this era like the chiefs took 51 years to get back to SB, eagles took 60 years to win ONE, Bengals building something huh?? 31 years to get back to one has never won one..i could gho on but many other examples of longer droughts in sports history that have been broken and im confident we will get another and as a fan ill wait, jerry has 3 SBs as credit for me..

Im as frustrated as anyone but trying to make the Jones family some paper bag embarrassment to the star is ridiculous and futile, facts are facts.,,.we are still winning, and he did win 3 Sbs..cant omit that no matter how hard toyu try and the droughts not even the ,longest in any sport or the nfl..

next

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
A real Dallas Cowboys fan loves the franchise for it's entirety. Sits back & enjoys the good along w/the bad.

Others, who show hate towards owners, coaches & players are jealous trolls who thrive on negativity thinking they can change the minds of real fans by posting their nonsense.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Respect can be both earned and lost. Sound management is an integral key to any successful organization. Jerry Jones has been general manager for 33 years.

gsTGgZ5.png

He can regain some of my respect for him after I see that headline happen in real life.

Silly

Reaction score
I don't know if Jerry should get respect or disrespect for some of the coaching hires and the fact that he refuses to hire a qualified gm.

He did win 3 bowls and constructed a hell of a stadium.

I respect him most for trying to help fallen players and giving them a chance to turn things around. And I know this hasn't helped the team, but I like it!

Aven8

Reaction score
I compare being a fan of the Cowboys to gambling. You just never know if that next one is going to win big so you get sucked in.

ESisback

Reaction score

You live in the house long enough, it eventually becomes yours. My house is better than when I bought it—because of my maintenance and upgrades. For all his many faults, like it or not, Booger has grown the brand, DESPITE The SB drought.

CWR

Reaction score
Big freaking deal. That does nothing for me.

75boyz

Reaction score
A real Dallas Cowboys fan loves the franchise for it's entirety. Sits back & enjoys the good along w/the bad.

Others, who show hate towards owners, coaches & players are jealous trolls who thrive on negativity thinking they can change the minds of real fans by posting their nonsense.

But the real question is IF there weren't any Jerry Trolls, Dak Trolls, McCarthy Trolls, Moore Trolls, Zeke Trolls, Tank Trolls and even Rowdy Trolls could there still be a Cowboys Zone?

GINeric

Reaction score
No he isn't capable of winning Super Bowls without Jimmy Johnson building a team for him. But let's give credit when it's due.

There is no other person alive who could have somehow keep the Cowboys national media spotlight as bright as it is, especially with all of the playoff mediocrity. That does take a special gift! And no sarcasm here.

You mean to tell me that a team that hasn't won a SB in close to 30 years still remains the most important team in all professional sports? How is that even possible?

Love him or hate him, you have to give it up to Jerry Jones and his mentally challenged son Stephen!

Yes Jerry deserves alot of credit for alot of things, but I find it hilarious when I hear somebody say Jerry can't build a Superbowl winner without Jimmy. Last I've checked, Jimmy hasn't won a superbowl without Jerry, but Jerry won one with Jimmy. I think they BOTH did a great job building together, but let's not act like it was ALL Jimmy's doing. If that was the case, the Dolphins would have atleast 2 superbowl trophies on Jimmy's watch.

CWR

Reaction score
Respect can be both earned and lost. Sound management is an integral key to any successful organization. Jerry Jones has been general manager for 33 years.

gsTGgZ5.png

He can regain some of my respect for him after I see that headline happen in real life.

You should put below that headline "Stephen Jones." Lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You should put below that headline "Stephen Jones." Lol
Jones' nepotism has been extreme but I doubt it would even stretch that far. HIs stepping down is a longshot but I think he would name someone like Will McClay or an outsider as general manager before handing the title over to a DNA kid.

He can control the narrative like he has wanted to do with post-Johnson head coaches by claiming he played a huge part in returning his franchise to glory. The new guy would already know he cannot dispute his boss' rantings publicly without Jones going ballistic.

On the other hand, the same cannot be said if Stephen was the GM. Stephen speaking out of turn would become the biggest unscripted reality show on the planet lol.

Reactions: CWR

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Jerry isnt a football guy. That much is clear. He gets credit for nothing.
Zip. Zero. Nada.

If anything,.the diehard fans that stick around for this clownshow get the credit.