Give the money to Foles

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We cannot really evaluate Dak unless we have a legit QB coach and a new O coordinator. Whom we are retaining, so we might never know if Dak really is the answer.

Exactly! This is what I've been asking for! I'm not going to evaluate Dak without him having a legitimate OC and QB coach. I'd also like a better HC, but a new OC and QB coach (USING THEIR OWN PLAYBOOK, I must add) would be a good place to be able to legitimately gauge what Dak is and is not for a QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yet,this team has no plans to replace Garrett or Linehan and we think Foles, who has struggled under Fisher, will be guaranteed to thrive under Garrett/Liinehan whose coaching and playcalling is far inferior to Pederson and the offensive system that allowed Foles to have success in Philly

Garrett and Linehan are INFERIOR to even Fisher! Even if we DID get Foles, I don't see ANY way that he'd do better than he did with the Rams. In fact, I could easily see him doing worse. Get a new OC that uses a proper WCO like Reid or Peterson, and Foles MIGHT work. Then again, Dak MIGHT work better under that. I personally don't think that Dak has the proper tools for the job here in terms of the coaches. I may be wrong, but a new coach certainly would put us in a better position to find out.

Birdgang

Reaction score
I give credit to Foles for what he did to the Eagles. But, the facts are that with inferior offensive systems/playcalling and/or with inferior coaching, he hasn't been nearly as successful with any other team that the Eagles. But, you don't believe coaching and playcalling can make a difference in a QB's career. Foles hasn't proven to be consistently great or take any team to the playoffs, besides Philly.

Linehan/Garrett couldn't use the best of Romo or Dak to get past the divisional round of the playoff, but I'm supposed to believe they will become geniuses with Foles and be able to use him on the same level Philly is able to.

Wrong : Nick was only QB to do well in Chip Kellys system which was supposed to be suited for Vick or Kap. 2013 record year even though not day 1 starter. 2014: He was 6-2 when he had ribs busted. Replaced by Butt fumble never saw field again... Sanchez went 4-4 and ending with 10-6.

Traded 2015 to Rams ... under Jeff Fisher . Jeff had 4 good Qbs under him all failed on his watch . Bradford, Keenum, Goff and Foles.
2016 - Joined Back with Andy Reid the guy who drafted him. When he filled in for Alex Smith, he did amazing and fans called to replace Smith ,
2017- we all know
2018- We know.

Nick has done more with less better then any QB I can think of. He seems to get put in the worst positions but it never stops him . Under Kelly , the team was getting torn apart , 2014 was injuries left and right. Then again with Eagles a team filled with injuries that everyone put off , he shined same this year 18 of the priginal 53 man was on IR , replacments got put on IR yet he still fought . He like all Qbs has his faults , but he is something special ... I think its his laid back nature that put people off ....

Big_D

Reaction score
I can't pin this one on him.

The Cowboys were straight up beat by a better scheme.

I'm not pinning the loss on Dak, just think the Cowboys need to find a better long term solution at QB. I don't think he's worth an extension at this point.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Wrong : Nick was only QB to do well in Chip Kellys system which was supposed to be suited for Vick or Kap. 2013 record year even though not day 1 starter. 2014: He was 6-2 when he had ribs busted. Replaced by Butt fumble never saw field again... Sanchez went 4-4 and ending with 10-6.

Traded 2015 to Rams ... under Jeff Fisher . Jeff had 4 good Qbs under him all failed on his watch . Bradford, Keenum, Goff and Foles.
2016 - Joined Back with Andy Reid the guy who drafted him. When he filled in for Alex Smith, he did amazing and fans called to replace Smith ,
2017- we all know
2018- We know.

Nick has done more with less better then any QB I can think of. He seems to get put in the worst positions but it never stops him . Under Kelly , the team was getting torn apart , 2014 was injuries left and right. Then again with Eagles a team filled with injuries that everyone put off , he shined same this year 18 of the priginal 53 man was on IR , replacments got put on IR yet he still fought . He like all Qbs has his faults , but he is something special ... I think its his laid back nature that put people off ....

Pointing out how Jeff Fisher failed 4 QBs, proves how using the best of a QBs abilities, all comes down to coaching. Even under Chip Kelly, Foles was still in Philly. And I said, he wasn't able to do much outside of Philly.

Garrett/Linehan are just as bad as Fisher if not worse, when it comes to wasting away a QB''s career and not knowing how to use his best abilities and talents, then build proper and correct play calling around it. And when the Eagles upgraded from Kelly to Pederson, it proved all the more what difference coaching makes to a QBs career. Belechick helped build Brady to the QB he is today.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jerry do not invest in Dak!!!!
You and all Cowboys fans will get more for the buck giving that new 20+ million contract picking up a Proven talented QB esp come playoff time in Mr. Foles.
Giving a franchise contract waiting for Dak to grow (Not going to happen lacks the Talent) is gonna be Jerry biggest mistake since the Jimmy divorce.....
Picking up Foles or any other more qualified QB will go a long way bringing this young team of ours to Glory land......

P.S. All I saw yesterday was a replay of the Green Bay playoff loss of 2 years ago as ......Dak could not make the plays when needed in a shootout game!!!!

Dak needs a lot of help ? ... More like GARRETT needs a lot of help , his playbook & schemes are worthless ... we need probowlers in every position.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I don’t know how people don’t see this. Dak misses WAY too many throws an average QB should make, nowhere near the accuracy romo had (he made several receivers probowlers). That crap kills drives!! He runs great, great leadership, and sometimes throws well, but way too inconsistant to bail us out if zeke has a bad game. All the analysts and former players see it, how do some people see it on here? Don’t know if you can REALLY fix accuracy...

I think your list of Dak's shortcomings is correct. While I won't blame this loss solely on him, I'm open to an upgrade to Dak. The question is who? The team has no first round draft pick this draft. Nick Foles may be a good fit, but I'd doubt the Eagles would allow us to have him. In fact, I suspect they'll make him their number 1 and shop Wentz for a King's ransom. The original guy Jones wanted, Paxton Lynch, is an available free agent, but he really didn't do very well in Denver. Last year's darling free agent QB, Kirk Cousins, didn't do that well. We have Cooper Rush, but I highly doubt he would be better than Dak. So what do we do? Do we draft a QB in the 2nd round and see if he can compete with Dak?

I'm not saying you're wrong. There are some QBs in the NFL better than Dak. How would we get one? IMO it seems like we're stuck with him another year, but then we might be able to draft a QB in the following draft. What do you think the team should do?

Birdgang

Reaction score
Pointing out how Jeff Fisher failed 4 QBs, proves how using the best of a QBs abilities, all comes down to coaching. Even under Chip Kelly, Foles was still in Philly. And I said, he wasn't able to do much outside of Philly.

Garrett/Linehan are just as bad as Fisher if not worse, when it comes to wasting away a QB''s career and not knowing how to use his best abilities and talents, then build proper and correct play calling around it. And when the Eagles upgraded from Kelly to Pederson, it proved all the more what difference coaching makes to a QBs career. Belechick helped build Brady to the QB he is today.

He has been on the Eagles, Rams and Chiefs. You cant use it against the guy ... They didnt even really want Nick as they went and got Goff. If you actually watched the games you would see there was more to it. Sometimes Stats and box scores dont tell the story. NFCW was different picture 2015 season. CHiefs played flawless each chance. THen back to Eagles Under a different HC and system. You cant really tell me its the Same Team under different HCs.

Birdgang

Reaction score

Your next point , Coaching staff . That's obvious ..... because you can only go so far alone. Its like a Car .... if a car dont have tires , no matter how good , still wont move.

Bill Belicheat huh .... how good did he do as Browns HC ? So we should judge him by that ?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Your next point , Coaching staff . That's obvious ..... because you can only go so far alone. Its like a Car .... if a car dont have tires , no matter how good , still wont move.

Bill Belicheat huh .... how good did he do as Browns HC ? So we should judge him by that ?

The Browns are a disaster of a franchise. lol, I'm not score how many great coaches or players could turn it around and make them a consistent playoff team. They may have something going with Mayfield now, if they can find a way to build a team around him.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I can't imagine the backlash Dak would receive if the Cowboys went up 14-0 in the first quarter, then he threw two interceptions, scored 0 points in the other 3 quarters and lost the game.

I would like to think of myself as pretty levelheaded, but I believe I would start a "Dak needs to go" thread if that happened.

And LOL at the OP who obviously does not have an objective bone in his/her body when it comes to Dak Prescott.

Way to firmly stick foot-in-mouth buddy.
:thumbup:

Big_D

Reaction score
I can't imagine the backlash Dak would receive if the Cowboys went up 14-0 in the first quarter, then he threw two interceptions, scored 0 points in the other 3 quarters and lost the game.

I would like to think of myself as pretty levelheaded, but I believe I would start a "Dak needs to go" thread if that happened.

And LOL at the OP who obviously does not have an objective bone in his/her body when it comes to Dak Prescott.

Way to firmly stick foot-in-mouth buddy.
:thumbup:

Did Dak win the Super Bowl the year before? There's no comparison, not even in this situation.

morat1959

Reaction score
So you think Foles in this same Bland offense will take us to the championship?
No QB will take this team to a Super Bowl under the current GM/FO/coaching staff. That being said, Foles is a legit NFL PASSING QB. Dak is not. Foles is hands down the better QB. Dak has certain qualities but EVERYTHING around him would have to be perfect to get there. There could be 3 changes made with the current team and we’d be a legit SB contender in 2 years. Head coach with an up to date offensive mind, a QB without Dak’s passing limitations and PLEASE cut Jeff Heath! He’s been horrible ever since he’s been a starter. Have you ever isolated on him for an entire game? Not just defense but watch him on ST. The guy just can’t play! Anyway...that’s my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt. All in all, JJ’s GM abilities have destroyed a once proud franchise. It use to be fun when all the other teams fans hated us! Lol Not anymore, We’re the laughing stock of the NFL. Other teams fans love the fact that JJ’s the GM and JG is the head coach. One less team they have to worry about making the big dance every year.