Give the money to Foles

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, I would have said that before Cooper, Philly had the better overall WR corp over us. Now, if Gallup can keep getting better, then him and Cooper could make for a dangerous number one and number 2 WR duo, which might give the edge to us when it comes to who has the better WR corp, between the two teams. And I would give the edge to us, when it comes to defensive talent, even though Philly had a solid defense when they won the Superbowl.

I believe Foles just fits the Philly offensive system better than Wentz does, for some reason. And even if he came here, it would still require a coaching staff who knew how to utilize him. And Philly for sure has the edge over us when it comes to head coaching and OC.

I think Gallup looked very good late. My pet human from last draft Cedrick Wilson sounded like he was coming along nicely before his injury. If we can get him, Cooper, Gallup, and Hurns at a high level, bloody hell we'll have a top offence. In terms of play, I think that Dak is best when he finds a WR that he can have chemistry with. We saw in 2016 that he had really good chemistry with Beasley and, of course, Witten. For whatever reason, we never saw that chemistry continue to develop. Now, he looks to have found chemistry with Gallup and Cooper. I think he was also starting to get it with Jarwin and Hurns until their respective injuries. I'm very quite keen to see how Wilson fairs because I'd love to see him, Gallup, and Cooper rotate between playing outside and slot. Then again, Austin, if we resign him, will likely have that job down pat.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Nick Foles served up a gift wrapped pick six and two consecutive playoff games that both got dropped? Guess I missed that one

It’s amazing the stories you hear from the same people who constantly complain about “made up” criticisms of Dak
Foles threw one earlier that the DB dropped and so did Brees.

You hammer Dak for balls not intercepted, but worship Foles for his actual 4 INTs in his last 2 games. Foles scored 16 and 14 points in the playoffs, didn't score in the last 3 qtrs against N.O. Foles played in 7 games this year and has 4 fumbles and 8 INTs. He sucked, but you can't see the truth through your own blind hatred.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is much different to cherry pick plays to make a quarterback look bad when such plays never happened

So, let’s make sure we get this straight. Did Nick Foles serve up a gift wrapped pick six in 2 straight playoff games, both of which got dropped?

That’s the charge that was made and I’m still waiting for confirmation

I wasn't the one who said that, so that has nothing to do with me, but whether that is true or not doesn't change the fact that cherry picking a play or two is not a valid way to judge a player. A person could just as easily cherry pick a couple of different plays and use that limited sample to say Dak is a great QB, but that wouldn't be valid either.

shabazz

Reaction score
Getting Foles would solidify the offense and give us a vertical passing attack rather than the whimpy predictable dink and Dunk passing “lack of attack” we currently enjoy.

The Rayne Dakota sicophants are horrified that Foles or someone like him will come in and put up big numbers and expose Prescott for what he really is. Weak.

In their hearts they would rather lose with Dakota rather than win with another Qb at the helm. We know change is hard and emotional and scary for some of y’all but We can open up an emotional support sub forum for the saddened ones.....but that’s just the humanitarian in me speaking. I’d also like to suggest a 1 (800) number for live emotional support as well after Foles is signed

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Getting Foles would solidify the offense and give us a vertical passing attack rather than the whimpy predictable dink and Dunk passing “lack of attack” we currently enjoy.

The Rayne Dakota sicophants are horrified that Foles or someone like him will come in and put up big numbers and expose Prescott for what he really is. Weak.

In their hearts they would rather lose with Dakota rather than win with another Qb at the helm. We know change is hard and emotional and scary for some of y’all but We can open up an emotional support sub forum for the saddened ones.....but that’s just the humanitarian in me speaking. I’d also like to suggest a 1 (800) number for live emotional support as well after Foles is signed

Speaking for myself, as I have said, while I like Dak, I have absolutely zero issue with us looking for an upgrade for him if there is one to be had. Let me ask you this. Can you tell me why Foles struggled with Jeff Fisher? With that, do you think he'd have better success with Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan?

shabazz

Reaction score
Speaking for myself, as I have said, while I like Dak, I have absolutely zero issue with us looking for an upgrade for him if there is one to be had. Let me ask you this. Can you tell me why Foles struggled with Jeff Fisher? With that, do you think he'd have better success with Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan?

I thought it was common knowledge throughout the entire League, media, and fans that Jeff Fisher was the ultimate quarterback killer. Are you aware of this?

To expand on this point just 2 years ago there was a bench warrant sworn out against Jeff Fisher for crimes against Quarterbacks and the game of football in general

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I thought it was common knowledge throughout the entire League, media, and fans that Jeff Fisher was the ultimate quarterback killer. Are you aware of this?

Yes, I am aware of this, but so is Jason Garrett. Are you not aware of this? What has Jason Garrett done here in 8 years to make you think that he's any better than Jeff Fisher?

shabazz

Reaction score
Yes, I am aware of this, but so is Jason Garrett. Are you not aware of this? What has Jason Garrett done here in 8 years to make you think that he's any better than Jeff Fisher?

Yes. Yes I am. Getting rid of these to underachievers is not mutually exclusive. Most of us are calling for upgrades at both of these positions.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes. Yes I am. Getting rid of these to underachievers is not mutually exclusive. Most of us are calling for upgrades at both of these positions.

That I'm fine with. As stated, I do like Dak, but I'm never against upgrading any position, including QB if a legitimate option is to be found. However, it seems that Jerry has no desire to part ways with Garrett. I hope he changes his mind so that we can make the necessary moves to finally advance beyond the divisional round. However, as it stands, I'm afraid we're stuck with Garrett.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

Well why can't it be that Foles finally got better like people are saying we ought to give Dak a chance to do?

shabazz

Reaction score
That I'm fine with. As stated, I do like Dak, but I'm never against upgrading any position, including QB if a legitimate option is to be found. However, it seems that Jerry has no desire to part ways with Garrett. I hope he changes his mind so that we can make the necessary moves to finally advance beyond the divisional round. However, as it stands, I'm afraid we're stuck with Garrett.

At the beginning of the season I was advocating for a new coach for next season that could pick his own quarterback as well. Bring in competition and let the best man win out. But it appears we will retain the two rectums currently inhabiting those positions

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well why can't it be that Foles finally got better like people are saying we ought to give Dak a chance to do?

I can see that. I am not going to dispute that as a possibility. However, I'm just leery of spending a lot of money on him with Garrett as our coach.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
At the beginning of the season I was advocating for a new coach for next season that could pick his own quarterback as well. Bring in competition and let the best man win out. But it appears we will retain the two rectums currently inhabiting those positions

I think we sort of agreed there. I've said early on that I want a new coach this off-season. If Dak works well with that coach, then great. If not or if the coach wants a new QB, then brilliant. We can do that too.

Them

Reaction score
...Did you see Foles play in the first part of the season... :thumbdown:jeeze. He only plays well as a b/up.
Even though I wouldn't want him in a Dallas uniform, I could see him in a b/u role...which of course he'd never do, so that's that!:grin:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
...Did you see Foles play in the first part of the season... :thumbdown:jeeze. He only plays well as a b/up.
Even though I wouldn't want him in a Dallas uniform, I could see him in a b/u role...which of course he'd never do, so that's that!:grin:

First part of the season we were 3-5.

Blackrain

Reaction score
When did Dak become the Dallas Cowboy Grand Master?
Hey man you know we used to have a passing game and a Offense that scored at will.....where passing TD weren't a luxury but a common occurrence...ya ya ya sell crazy man but some us remember how it was and could be with a quality QB under center!

Yep we went 8-8 missed the playoffs and couldn't draft well. Real fans have had enough of that NFL purgatory .

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yea, get rid of Dak even though he had this team in the game with a chance to tie if the defense could get a stop at the very end.

Dak needs to convert every 3rd and 10, when 1st down runs are for 1-2 yards, play defense because he is responsible for allowing 280 yards rushing, and not get tackled by his own lineman.

Dak missed on maybe 4 throws the entire game. Maybe the Colts should get rid of Andrew Luck with his 19/36 200 yard performance.

Imagine if Dak had a turnover and lost the game at the end

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Investing in Foles at this point would represent divestment in Dak as 'the guy'. I like Foles, but not so much I'd give up on Dak, who is the less costly option for next season and possibly THE answer at QB going forward.

I don't think Dak has come close to his ceiling yet - get this some coaching and scheme that better takes advantage of the things he does that other QBs simply can't.